Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

was mwo poo poo from the beginning or did it get poo poo as time went on?

i've preordered a bunch of games but honestly the only one i was disappointed in was bioshock infinite and even then i mostly bought it so i could get in groundfloor on bitching about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

StashAugustine posted:

i've preordered a bunch of games but honestly the only one i was disappointed in was bioshock infinite and even then i mostly bought it so i could get in groundfloor on bitching about it

I haven't played since either alpha or beta but my understanding is that it started bad and has only gotten worse

There's still promised features missing from the game and you can currently buy clan mechs with a gold skin for $500 per

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I preordered pay day two.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

fronz posted:

I preordered pay day two.

Me too, poo poo, with all these preorders I just realized that I might be a big ol' idiot, guys. :(

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I preordered the metro remasters and ultra street fighter 4. August will be a fine month

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
I preordered fear 2 and boy did i feel owned

not only was it fear 2 but the steam loader was still poo poo then and i couldnt start gaming until three days after the fact

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

MWO was amazing. Up until they released the large maps and lost their grasp on what made the game fun. I might try it out again one day.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I preordered Borderlands, because I saved five dollars. What a mess.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

StashAugustine posted:

It started out as a pretty fun raw concept that progressively turned to poo poo as the developers missed deadlines (core features are still completely unimplemented) and proved to be hilariously inept in the things they actually got done. The general goony consensus seemed to be that the game peaked some time around the end of closed beta where it was actually pretty fun and then got progressively worse from there.

Overlooking their general ineptitude, the things that killed it for me;

a. Attempts at anti-stacking that made it punishingly difficult to play with friends
b. Letting the game languish in a stale, boring meta for six months over obvious weapon imbalances that could have been fixed by tweaking spreadsheet values for five minutes.

For the best example, go google Ghost Heat.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Voyager I posted:

For the best example, go google Ghost Heat.

got a short story called 'a ghost in heat' about a dude getting raped by a ghost, i'm gonna assume it's entirely unrelated to mechwarrior

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

Anatidaephobia posted:

I wear my shame every time I launch TF2

I will admit I own one of these as well. I pre-ordered Battlefield 4, and that was the last one I'll ever do unless you count early-access stuff like Wasteland 2 and Carmageddon (both of which I'm very happy about). I just can't bring myself to do it anymore.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I preordered Dark Souls 2, got a sweet case and the OST out of it, as well as some sweet armor and weapons. :smug:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I preordered the collector's edition of New Vegas and I don't regret it one bit.

But I preordered Dragon Age2 for xbox and it makes me literally shake.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Red Orchestra 2. The first and last time I've pre-ordered something in years.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Common Sensei posted:

I pre-ordered XCOM: The Bureau

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I preordered X Rebirth...

I did both of those things.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

waiting 3 months for a 75% sale is the new preordering

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

chaosbreather posted:

waiting 3 months for a 75% sale is the new preordering

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

Backing kickstarters is the new preordering

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Why would you ever preorder a steam game? That's retarded. Read reviews before you buy brand new games. Only game I ever did it with was rerevengearanced because I read the console reviews and there was a big discount if you did it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
the last games i pre-ordered were Ultra Street Fighter 4, MGRR, and Wolfenstein, so i've been pretty lucky lately.

i also pre-ordered saints row 3 and payday 2 so ive hosed up plenty

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

saints row 3 is fantastic you idiot

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Iggy Koopa posted:

sr3 is poo poo garbage that was $5 in a humble bundle four months later

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
why would i pay full price for a video game?

why would i play a video game that just came out when i have other games to play?

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Jazzpunk.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

sr3 is poo poo garbage that was $5 in a humble bundle four months later

you're the worst

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Iggy Koopa posted:

If you only have consoles to game on and you played Saints Row 2, The Third was a huge loving let down story wise.

The sandbox still owns as long as you don't advance the story too far.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

after i preordered me3's special edition i promised myself i would only preorder smt games afterward
it's been working out p well for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

BKPR posted:

you're the worst

no you are

Sleeping Dogs is very good though. shame about its dlc

• Locked thread