Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yoyoyo Imps!

As you may have seen in the merio sequel thread i recently found some of my old mario4 drawings. i desgined a drat mario game as a young un and always dreamed of putting it together. now thanks to scyther showing me SMBX i have the tools to realise this goal and i am sharing my progress with you because the whole thing is lol as heck.
for those who didn't see, this is what to expect:

our glorious box art.

retarded koopa kids.

(full album here with lots lots more rubbish: http://imgur.com/a/CdCee)

SO its my pleasure to show off 2 exclusive screens of my continuation of nintendos incredible masterpiece SMB3:

World 1: Grassland
My original vision as a kid:

Via the maker

World 2: Desert Land
My original vision as a bedwetter

Via the proper tools

i look forward to sharing more, getting this out and about and fulfilling an ambition. move over iawata. iam in line for the throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

OP, I am impressed by your enthusiasm, but I have noticed a distinct lack of secret areas blocked by breakable rocks in the second world.

Otherwise, you are doing great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Where is the kickstarter

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

Where is the kickstarter

If we kick start it he's just gonna spend it on blow and change the name of the game to Mario Citizen4

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
Going to play this so hard

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LaTex Fetish posted:

OP, I am impressed by your enthusiasm, but I have noticed a distinct lack of secret areas blocked by breakable rocks in the second world.

Otherwise, you are doing great.

you are correct. i shall implement a secret. i dont want to go overboard with these. the first world has two (one is visible)

exmorte posted:

If we kick start it he's just gonna spend it on blow and change the name of the game to Mario Citizen4

and no kickstarters. i do not need to sully my name like chris roberts.
i actually expect to get this out and true to my terrible 10year old vision and it still be more playable/a game/exist more than star citizen

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How much do I have to donate to beta test/

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im proud of you blubba dude

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

mabels big day posted:

150 coins builder's pack

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mabels big day posted:

five hugs nets you lifetime supporter status

Iggy Koopa posted:

im proud of you blubba dude

thanks man :>

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
In world 1 there are two pipes separated by a lock. Where do these pipes go and how do you get to them? Are they for the warp whistle? Does this mean that if you get the warp whistle and use it without finishing the midway fortress you are stuck forever? That’s awesome.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
are these just maps or can you play the levels?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SnotGrumble posted:

In world 1 there are two pipes separated by a lock. Where do these pipes go and how do you get to them? Are they for the warp whistle? Does this mean that if you get the warp whistle and use it without finishing the midway fortress you are stuck forever? That’s awesome.

that is the one visible secret! ah ha!

Action Tortoise posted:

are these just maps or can you play the levels?

yes. when i was a kid i drew up a ton of levels and i am going to faithfully as much as the program allows, recreate them. you WILL be able to play the levels on each world.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Will SMBX allow you to make Car Mario a reality? Please say yes. Also, what does Car Mario do? Shame on Nintendo for not coming up with Car Mario on their own after all these years.

Dec 26, 2012

i genuinely hope you finish this op

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SnotGrumble posted:

Will SMBX allow you to make Car Mario a reality? Please say yes. Also, what does Car Mario do? Shame on Nintendo for not coming up with Car Mario on their own after all these years.

I am PRETTY sure it does allow me to make it. as for what it does i have to keep some magic under my hat!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

cario for president

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
make wart the secret boss

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

01011001 posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

01011001 posted:

Iggy Koopa posted:

cario for president

thank you for your support!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How do you feel about Goombas Shoe

This is important

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

who has ever called it goombas shoe i dont give a gently caress if they are kuribos in japan who ever even says that what teh heck widestancer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Widestancer posted:

This is important

i feel SMB3 only using it in two levels out of all the worlds and it wasn't an actual proper power up was p. criminal.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This is awesome and I really admire your dedication to throwing level number conventions out the window.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Widestancer posted:

it's kuribo's shoe.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LaTex Fetish posted:

it's kuribo's shoe.

It's awesome is what it is I think we can all agree on that

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Widestancer posted:

It's awesome is what it is I think we can all agree on that

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

now i have a sig thank u

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

This is awesome and I really admire your dedication to throwing level number conventions out the window.

im staying faithful to my vision. yes, ten year old me had no idea how to make a game and copied poo poo and generally made mistakes. but it was his vision and now i can bring it to fruitition!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I hope to see some of the real levels soon. But very good job op, it looks neat.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
super mario bros. 4 already exists

Soral
May 30, 2009

shut up bitch, super mario world is its own series

thats why the sequel to mario world was called mario world 2: yoshis island and not mario bros 5: yoshis island

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lost levels is smb2
doki doki Mario is smb3
which makes smb3, smb4

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

:holymoley:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
first two levels of world one are done. reading info on how to program castles breaking doors, toadhouse and how it works, and advanced warp pipe theory.

i am officially on break from my job for about a month in a week so i'll have a nice long time to chill and relax and work on this baby :>

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

this is really cute op. congrats on making your childhood dream come true

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

also i wish something like this existed for yoshis island because i freakin love that game

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Soral posted:

shut up bitch, super mario world is its own series

thats why the sequel to mario world was called mario world 2: yoshis island and not mario bros 5: yoshis island

blame nintendo of america for loving up the titles :911:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
yaaaaaay its happening :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thats not super mario world

• Locked thread