Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I reinstalled for launch, and I like a lot of the changes. I'm still sad about crafting, though. I had significantly more investment in my gear before, and I wish they'd gone with something in between Mark-Kern-Crazy and Safe-Standard-MMO.

Pierson posted:

Has the game cleaned up enough to be actually fun and worth playing now?

Some parts (crafting, gear, leveling) got hugely cut down and simplified for launch, but everything else seems good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Did Evacuate get nerfed? It's only launching me straight up, never backwards.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Huh, apparently you do get all of your progress back if you got research done when it only cost Crystite. I only just got the research points, but, uh, it's a loooooot of research points.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

Is anyone else going firecat first for research? Now that we can trade items, was wondering if we should coordinate research\manufacture?

We should probably keep it in the OP or something.

I've got purple level 40 in Bio-Crossbows, Recluse Abilities, and Air Sprint Cores. Probably doing Biotech HKMs, Dragonfly abilities and Bio-Rifles next if nobody else is going for those.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Is Broken Peninsula a ghost town right now? I've joined a few times and haven't gotten assigned to a team or anything.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

precedence posted:

I've got all modules

Hello, new best friend.

Inimicul posted:

I think most of the players who want to do it are hanging out in Devil's Tusk getting geared up and working towards the push-back.

Bah, Peninsula is supposed to have all of The Best Resources :(

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think we should be, the majority of people are either going to be new to the game or levelling alt frames, I think it's useful. Maybe just blue and above?

I'm pretty sure most people leveling are just going to use gear they pick up or buy with vouchers. No reason not to have some mid-range stuff, but as far as avoiding expensive overlap goes I think we only need to track level 40 research.

**I added a column for people currently working to max a specific L40 research (so that there's no overlap there, either), and another for people to put any lower-level research (blue and above) that they have. That should cover everything.

Ralith posted:

Are hoverpads still available? I want to get me one of those, but there's no sign of 'em on the market.

There's one on the market right now for 10,000 credits, or about 55 red beans. I doubt one'll go lower.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 19, 2014

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Not Dracula posted:

Just applied to Goon Squad as NotDracula.

I logged in to 800 beans because the Escapist and Warcry were running a big promotion back before the CEO was fired and I started my PhD program.

If I remember right, it ended up being a nightmare. But hey, I won't say no to beans!

Try not to buy stuff directly from the store. At least for now, you can get everything for half the price or less if you exchange beans for credits and buy stuff from the market.

I think the price for red beans will drop a lot after launch when a ton of new players try selling them to buy stuff, buuuuut I might be wrong, haven't spent a ton of time with the market.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Inimicul posted:

Can someone who's hosed around in Broken Peninsula post a screenshot of some of the rewards? I'm dying to know what it's like out there.

I haven't tried since my first time around, but it looked like the only substantial rewards were the resources. (I captured a watchtower and I think I only got XP.) You can only use Short Range Thumpers, which you pick up at bases, so I assume they're sized appropriately for a team of 20. (Or for the team of 20 that can capture the base afterwards and get the resources.)

I scanned around and found blue resources at 25-30%. Didn't see any greens, and I assume there's purple stuff around.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

How does the reputation system work? By which I mean, what is the reputation system? What are you actually boosting when you use a Reputation boost? Is it just dressing up the Voucher system?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

TheBlandName posted:

I'm finding myself flush with credits, and I'm thinking about some market purchases to insulate against Red5's schizophrenic world design. Does anyone know the cool-downs for the reusable crafting station, reusable battleframe station, and reusable garage? The last convenient item I purchased turned out to be anything but.

Their cooldowns are quite long and you'll rarely need them while soloing, so I wouldn't bother getting any of those three. If you don't have a glider pad, get one, and if you can also get a hoverpad, get one. When you place them next to eachother and walk between them, you get glider wings and a massive elevation boost. I rarely use an LGV because of this and it can get you pretty much anywhere very quickly, regardless of terrain or other obstacles. Even just a glider pad will increase your mobility a ton.

You could also try getting a Recharging Ammo Dispenser. It's not something you put down- rather, you use it like you would an ammo pack, but it doesn't get consumed and usually recharges before you need it again.

The Recharging Sonic Detonator is pretty minor, but also relatively cheap, so grab one if you want. You'll usually only encounter one resource deposit at a time, so it's one less thing to worry about crafting.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Is there a meta about the cores yet? I seem to cover as much ground in as much time with Run Speed, Air Sprint, and Energy cores of the same quality. Run Speed might be better.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Gammon posted:

For those who don't know, it seems the ultra quick levelling in Devil's Tusk has been fixed. If you're too low for the zone (anything under 33/34 seems to be 'too low') then you get severely nerfed xp from Chosen thumpers, ARES missions, etc.

If any of you are close to 33, there's a bunker in Sertao (west of... I forget its name, the watchtower northwest of the Sand Dunes, right where it starts to turn into forest) where ARES missions spawn pretty frequently. A bunch of people were just hanging around there doing the missions, might've only been the one instance though.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Fina posted:

I just unlocked the Assault Lvl 20 perk that increases Plasma & energy weapon damage by 10%. I'm assuming that means it applies to Fusion and Thermal cannons, but what else is considered an energy weapon?

The Rhino's HLMG, the Mammoth's HPMG, the Dragonfly's Bio Rifle, the Bastion's Tesla Rifle, and the Electron's Shock Rail should all count. Everything else is bullets, grenades, or poison.

**Beaten, but yeah, also the Charge Rifle.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Inimicul posted:

Now, who wants to do some BWA Hard farming?

What are the rewards like now? Last time I did it was a few months ago, after they nerfed speedruns, but I guess speedruns aren't as much of a factor since they prevented players from deploying glider pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Apple Craft posted:

I just noticed that R5 significantly increased the brightness in the area surrounding Copa. I can only assume that this was in response to the critical reviews that have all mentioned that the game is way too dark at night.

Heh. They made the nights darker in Beta because for quite a while one of the top requests on their feedback/suggestion-voting site was "Darker nights."

• Locked thread