Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
:siren: Warning - I am not good at things, especially OPs. :siren:

Persistent World is a multiplayer only Warband mod in which you can play as a medieval peasant, serf, lord, surgeon, engineer, thief, knight, herdsman, farmer, etc. Unlike cRPG, there's no leveling - you progress solely through the acquisition of gold and items. Factions are very barebones at first, but lords can customize every aspect of their faction by altering their banners, changing their names, and the like. You'll spend your time on Persistent World doing one of two things - killing mans or making money to kill mans. You can make money by mining iron, smelting and selling refined ore, crafting and selling things to replenish preexisting item stocks, and cutting trees, to name just a few. If you could do it with medieval era technology, you can do it on this mod. It's very extensive.

You start out as a peasant, but you're given 1000 gold (on your person) and another 5000 gold (accessible using any in-game bank chest) for you to use as you please. To join factions, you have to "train" for them by walking up to a prop on the map and holding F for an obscenely long amount of time. It's pretty easy to get started with this mod - you won't have to spend hours and hours chopping logs or something to afford decent gear. Spend wisely, though, because if you blow all of your money on top-level armour and weapons, you're going to be in for a pretty bad time later on when you have to make up for the money you spent on your gear.

Gear, classes, and chosen factions "persist" and save indefinitely whenever you decide to stop playing this awful mod. After a server restart, however, factions reset - you'll lose your banners, faction name, and war statuses. You do get to keep your gear and class and all of that, though.

Some goons may be disappointed to hear that there's a light roleplay aspect to it; you'll probably get banned for going on random killing sprees with no real reasoning behind them on pubbie servers, but I'll have you know that this won't be the case on my server(s) - more on that soon.

How do I play this terrible module?
1. Download "PW 4.4 full download" here.
2. Open the file using WinRar or WinZip and extract the folder to MountBlade Warband/modules under Program Files or Steam/steamapps/common.
3. Launch Warband and pick your poison. Nexus HCRP tends to be a pretty good server - they're not nearly as "hardcore" as they claim to be. Please tell me you people know how to do this.

I don't have a clan going for this mod specifically because I tend to prefer Roma Oritur, but you guys are welcome to create one (or two or three) and post information about it here or in PGS.

Roma Oritur is - essentially - a buggier (but arguably more fun) version of Persistent World set in the Iron Age. It's got all the standard Persistent World stuff, but it's got hundreds - maybe even thousands - of antiquity themed props, items, textures, and skins.

I tend to prefer this mod if only because I prefer the time period. The Roma Oritur primary map also tends to be more fun to play on - you won't have to spend hours walking from city to city, a problem you'll run into all the time on bigger vanilla Persistent World servers.

This mod will be a lot easier to play with goons on. I have a Camping the Stairs channel named "Mount and Blade Warband Bello et Pace" set up under Miscellaneous since I'm too much of a plebeian to get a channel made under the main Games list.

How do I play this less terrible module?
1. Download the mod from Mediafire.
2. Open the file using WinRar or Winzip and extract the folder to MountBlade Warband/modules under Program Files or Steam/steamapps/common. I hope you know how to do this.
3. Join our Camping the Stairs channel. CTS' IP address is 76.72.167.240, the port is 64738, and the password is lljk.
4. Join our Steam group here.
5. Launch Warband and connect to either the official EU or NA server, or if you'd like to play with goons, Bello_et_Pace. I may decide to password the BeP server and make it goon only, but that's not the case as of yet. I'll update the OP with the password if I do decide to do that.

Heroes of Valhalla is a work-in-progress, Norse themed version of Persistent World. I'll post more information when it releases, which I'm told will be around the end of August.

1. How do I make money on this lovely mod?
As a peasant/commoner/whatever, you spawn with one - two tools, which are randomly generated. I suggest simply starting with whatever you spawned with - farm if you have a sickle, mine if you have a pickaxe, cut trees if you have a hatchet, etc. For everything other than farming, you can do this simply by walking up to the respective resource and click a bunch of times until items drop. Pick those up and take them to the nearest settlement, then sell them by finding the resource in the settlement's market and holding F with the resource in your hand.

2. I'm not skilled enough to equip this bronze spear.
Yeah, you are. Holster your weapon and PRESS F once to buy an item - don't hold it. Holding F is for crafting or something. Some of the design decisions are pretty asinine.

3. I can't figure out how to make my faction less awful. How do I become a lord?
Have someone (preferably a goon) vote you into the position by getting them to press Escape, request poll, make faction leader, and your name. This will cost a bit of gold. Once you're a lord (assuming the vote was a success and the majority of your faction voted for you), press Escape and go to Faction Administration to edit your faction, which also costs gold.

4. I reconnected to a server I played on before and now I can't move.
Sometimes the databases glitch and you lose your class. When this happens (assuming you're now a peasant), you need to hold C and discard/toggle all armour. I guess the logic behind it is that a lowly peasant couldn't walk with a suit-of-armour or something.

5. Some idiot killed me and now I can't respawn.
Yeah, this happens too. Reconnect.

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread