Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

First time in a while I've qualified for platinum and it's all just downloadable games this year :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Flynn Taggart posted:

First time in a while I've qualified for platinum and it's all just downloadable games this year :qq:

At least you can access club nintendo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what games are available for platinum users? i have like just barely enough points for gold and i just used my coins to get kid icarus 3d classic

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Iggy Koopa posted:

what games are available for platinum users? i have like just barely enough points for gold and i just used my coins to get kid icarus 3d classic
Game & Wario, nes remix, earthbound, dr. Luigi, donkey kong country returns 3d, fluidity, Dillion's rolling western, mario & donkey kong minis on my balls

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i want donkey kong returns 3d but im only at 175 coins and i just barely have enough to make it to gold dang

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

paper mario as a coin reward is pretty solid

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Should I get metroid or wario land 2?

Edit: with the gold/plat rewards its just an email with a code on it like when you spend coins for games right?

shove me like you do fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 17, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
sad to hear, op

Been a couple years since i bought a bunch of Nintendo stuff, but I got those sweet hanafuda cards and the plat reward was a set of clear Mario-themed trading cards.

How the mighty have fallen. Unless one of the rewards is pokemon in which case gently caress yeah own that poo poo

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'm really tempted to get Earthbound, it's been forever since I played that game.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

club nintendo australia is pigshit and has always been pigshit

we don't get any games, just really stupid obsolete merchandise and playing cards

i did manage to get that luigi's mansion diorama which was super limited and sold out in an hour, but i just keep it in a box because i don't want to show off stupid video game statues

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Is nintendo good in bed, OP?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

the year I finally got platinum all they had were some dish cloths and pen bag. I got both.

And then they sent me some mario playing cards.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
game and wario is like a 30 dollar game and i haven't played it

i think its like the only thing on that list remotely interesting for me

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The idea of only offering digital games to Platinum people is hosed up. Whoever spent enough money on Nintendo poo poo in a year to earn platinum status has probably bought whatever game that they were interested in to begin with, Nintendo! Give them nerd tat, not more games!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Game and Wario regularly goes for 5 dollars in most places. It's not a 30 dollar game especially since they were considering giving it away for free before they went with Nintendoland.

Gotta say though people who care about plat status are the best, they buy hordes of the same game and just use the code and then re-sell the game at a loss. And by loss I mean think of any major wii-U game running around 20 dollars.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 17, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Huh, I have not seen Game and Wario anywhere for five dollars, cheapest version I can find is used at like 17. Are you exagerating for comedy, or legit upset that they're not giving you something "nicer" for platinum status? I get where you're coming from, seeing as Nintendo JP is giving away some sweet swag and has better rewards, and Europe is the same, but honestly... It's free software.

It's a free game, I don't get people who complain about a free game on a thing that is ostensibly used for nothing other than games. Being upset that the free thing you get just seems childish, like, "Oh, this isn't enough Nintendo, give me more!"

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Of someone with gold wants a plat dl game I only want a gold game and have plat so hit me up on steam (its in the steam aids thread) or my username at gmail and we can arrange a code swap or w/e since I havent redeemed mine yet so yeah.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

hubris.height posted:

Huh, I have not seen Game and Wario anywhere for five dollars, cheapest version I can find is used at like 17. Are you exagerating for comedy, or legit upset that they're not giving you something "nicer" for platinum status? I get where you're coming from, seeing as Nintendo JP is giving away some sweet swag and has better rewards, and Europe is the same, but honestly... It's free software.

It's a free game, I don't get people who complain about a free game on a thing that is ostensibly used for nothing other than games. Being upset that the free thing you get just seems childish, like, "Oh, this isn't enough Nintendo, give me more!"

If you've bought enough Nintendo games to be eligible for Nintendo-gayboy status, don't you think you've had enough Nintendo games?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

hubris.height posted:

Amazon atm has it around 20-25 bucks. I think Game and Wario is part of the Toysrus 75% off green tag sale. Because there are a bunch of wii-U games going for under 20.

But yeah game and Wario isn't something to spend points on. Go for Earthbound out of the lot of free games. It's got nothing to do with being mad, it's just that game and wario just is the weakest out of all the wario games and a very weak game in general.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
It was really easy to hit plat status, Mario Kart 8, Wii U, Mario 3D Land, and Xenoblade in a year, plus a 3DS XL at some point. None of them were purchased 'for points' so IDK.

I already own Earthbound and NES Remix 1, and Dr. Luigi (buyers remorse embodied on this one), so the only other plat reward I care about is Game and Wario because it might be fun to play with the futurewife, and then we can take a break from MK8.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I got game & wario since it was the only thing on there remotely interesting that I didn't have already, and for the ddp points since it was the priciest. Still, if they were planning to break precedent this year some advance warning would have been nice.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Amazon atm has it around 20-25 bucks. I think Game and Wario is part of the Toysrus 75% off green tag sale. Because there are a bunch of wii-U games going for under 20.

But yeah game and Wario isn't something to spend points on. Go for Earthbound out of the lot of free games. It's got nothing to do with being mad, it's just that game and wario just is the weakest out of all the wario games and a very weak game in general.

You post way to loving much about the price of Nintendo games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You post way to loving much about the price of Nintendo games.

I post a lot about the price of all games.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

I post a lot about the price of all games.

Not really. I haven't seen you brag and make a lovely thread like a dumbass about how you got all your PC games on steam sales or constantly update people about what sales best buy has for ps3 games right now, just Nintendo.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Ok game and wario is p tits

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
The thing is, Nintendo is giving a reward back to people who buy their games. I don't see any other companies doing something remotely like that. I guess I just don't understand where the complaints come in when there is a company literally giving away free things if you choose to buy their stuff.

Maybe you should go back to arguing with Yaoi Mandel.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

hubris.height posted:

The thing is, Nintendo is giving a reward back to people who buy their games. I don't see any other companies doing something remotely like that. I guess I just don't understand where the complaints come in when there is a company literally giving away free things if you choose to buy their stuff.

Well, buying things and doing surveys for those things.

It is pretty cool though. I like club Nintendo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Not really. I haven't seen you brag and make a lovely thread like a dumbass about how you got all your PC games on steam sales or constantly update people about what sales best buy has for ps3 games right now, just Nintendo.

Steam sale this year blew balls though, and there really hasn't been any major sony/Xbox sales in stores yet(with the exception of their PSN sales).

The Vita sales aren't going to happen until Playstation TV hits which at 99 bucks is going to be decent.

The Gamestop sales with the Modern Warfare and Uncharted value packs are iffy because COD sucks even at 25 bucks for 5 games but 3 Uncharted games for 10 bucks is OK if you like Uncharted.

BestBuy hasn't had a big rear end clearance sale since last year when almost every Xbox 360 and PS3 game was 10 bucks.

So the reason is there hasn't been a ton of sales for the PS3 and PS4, but there has been far more for Nintendo.

PS4 Killzone is still not a 20 dollar game because the campaign is short as hell. You can beat it in a single sitting.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 17, 2014

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Donkey Kong Country seems like the clear winner for platinum. Reviews seem good, am I overlooking some horrendous problem with it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BKPR posted:

Donkey Kong Country seems like the clear winner for platinum. Reviews seem good, am I overlooking some horrendous problem with it

Tropical Freeze is decent, the original DKC Returns had an awful waggle to jump thing that they took out of the 3DS version.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Turtle tip, bitch.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I got the majoras mask soundtrack last year. This year I picked donkey kong 3d and it's still trying to download

surc
Aug 17, 2004

BKPR posted:

No I think most people just already have it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So I guess I'm just hosed out of this year's plat reward because they didn't send me the reminder email like every year before.

[e] Whatever, it looks like the games aren't worth it if you don't have a Wii-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

DrManiac posted:

So I guess I'm just hosed out of this year's plat reward because they didn't send me the reminder email like every year before.

[e] Whatever, it looks like the games aren't worth it if you don't have a Wii-U

Eh, I still haven't gotten the email, but when I log in it is there for me.

At least if the games were unique or something, I mean, the Doc Louis thing wasn't spectacular, but at least it wasn't something I could log into the eshop and just buy.

• Locked thread