Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Earthbound is praised for being awesome as gently caress and all that jazz, but i think it plays just like ff7 -- the random battles on a world map.

i got all of that outta me during my dragon warrior I & II play through and now i don't enjoy the mechanic anymore. when I last tried to play through ff7, I just couldn't get into it.

does earthbound really have a loving awesome story that will keep me playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

doesn't have a random battles mechanic

drat this game sounds awesome as gently caress

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

i like being able to choose my battles by seeing dudes on the world map and running after/away from them

if you go up behind someone you get a free turn but if they do it to you then they get a free attack

you really know how to sell a game. i'll probably start playing this when i get home. only heard good things about it for decades now. but i heard good things about ff7 too, which is why i asked

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

Wait a second... Wait a second. HOld on

Are you loving telling Me that you did NOT like Ff7 (Final fantasy 7)??? That game have Sephiroth. That game have Leviathan. And Shinra Electric Power Company. Your a loving Moron bro

its not that i didn't like it, it's just my favorite character died like an hour into this 30 hour epic full of cool characters such as CHaos and a black guy with attitude

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Mark Brouhard posted:

i had good taste in games when i was loving 9

your an og, friend.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It oozes style and humor and whatever, but the battles are simple (so simple the game lets you autowin them. Hooray?) and wandering most places out of town is boring as poo poo.

this sounds like every jrpg ever though.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I am a man that likes to play my games slow. I like to dick about and look through every corner for cool goodies and fun secrets.

Is Earthbound a game that will fulfill my curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

thanks

• Locked thread