Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Mother 3 had a bunch of pacing problems for like the first half of the game that made it a ton harder to get into than Earthbound. Like the first 10 hours is consumed by mostly disjointed jaunts to unrelated locations and typically getting to these locations is painful and awful. I've tried to pick it up 3 times now and inevitably by the time I hit the Chimera Factory I'm so bored and disconnected from the story that it's a chore to play anymore.

The story is great and the writing is fantastic and hosed straight the hell up when it's firing, but in between hits from the story bong you have some of the most colossal bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cobweb Heart posted:

it's really well written and fun but for some reason i can't actually play it for very long. might have something to do with how railroady it is
for me it's just how much bullshit you have to put up with between the interesting bosses and the cool story bits

hmm yes the 50th wacky and crazy chimera that i have fought in the last hour quite so old bean that sounds quite rousing :wotwot:

i should probably just play mother 3 again with dudes hacked to be max level, i'd probably enjoy it more

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it isnt a jrpg but there's actually a charming sequence in neverwinter nights 2 where your group of hard living and hard fighting adventurers gets smashed at a bar and spends most of the evening trading insults at eachother, to the point that the manly man dwarf and the wiry little demon chick (who normally hate eachother pretty bad) are actually getting along because they're dropping suitably sick burns on eachother.

• Locked thread