Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
earthbound has a lot of interesting things happen and doesn't have a random battles mechanic, just avoid dudes if you don't want to fight them or powerlevel until it skips fights for you. the battle system also has a cool rolling mechanic

if you don't like it don't play it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like being able to choose my battles by seeing dudes on the world map and running after/away from them

if you go up behind someone you get a free turn but if they do it to you then they get a free attack

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mark Brouhard posted:

thanks oh and that reminds me i need to see if anyone LP'd blast corps cause that was my poo poo too on a unrelated note

not only was it lped, it was done so in a weird manner and then the lper went on to become peaches, world famed blast corps runner

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ff7 is just okay i guess. ff5 is really really good and they should copy it with every game. now they should copy x-2 with every game. i suddenly want to play x-2.

cid is the only really likable character in 7 but when i first played it i didn't get a lot of the stuff with cloud being hosed up or care much about the story so i guess it's better than my initial ok analysis

Mother 3's big saving point is the combat music mechanic and its unpredictability, i wasn't expecting the intro to go where it did

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
pro tip if you get bored wandering outside: become a boss at steering teleportation and ramming into walls right before it goes off

if you actually need teleportation beta in anything but a cramped area you a scrub

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Gimbal lock posted:

Fromsoft: please change the bonfire teleportation in Dark Souls 2 into PSI teleport alpha. You can thank me later for making the game 300% gooder

i have barely played DS2 and I will 100% it if that ever happens

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ragg posted:

Did you jes call Barret unlikeable? Get the gently caress outta here.

i am completely neutral on barret. he is an okay guy, fit to take on a date on a ferris wheel, but nothing more.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Nalk posted:

I've been trying to pinpoint why I love earthbound so much and I think it's because it does surrealism better then most other things across all forms of modern media. Or at least it does it in a way that tickles my particular fancy.

play space funeral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Nalk posted:

holy poo poo this is a treat

its actual artistic message is legit as gently caress too, i was expecting wacky wacky wacky

• Locked thread