Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Which thread do I use? :ohdear:
There are so many options now.

([sub]don't say neither [/sub}:mad:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - you should know by now that online 'autists' are just another word for faggots or niggers or dipshits or motherfuckers. It's your standard go to curse word at this point. The world's evolving; get with the program. :hellyeah:

Palpek posted:

To make this easier: only South Park, Rocksmith and Gunslinger are Steam.

If you guys wanna buy SouthPark, get it from simplycdkeys instead. It's 25 bucks.

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/south-park-the-stick-of-truth

Drifter fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 18, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Widestancer posted:

So is old steam OP melting down again or what

Still better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

astral posted:

I'm not sure that would fit as well for the Steam thread. For example, it's much easier to search one or two big threads for impressions/comments/complaints about a Steam game that may not have its own Games thread.

I really doubt anyone searches the thread back more than a few pages, tops.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - The search works? Well call me Sally.

Xeras posted:

I'm not real big on games as art usually. Is this a game I will likely enjoy?

Aside from it looking nice it's not really been positively reviewed.

You can afford to wait for it to drop below $10.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

There's just seems to be this animosity towards Obsidian by some gamers and reviewers and its just weird. They ain't perfect but Obsidian really tries to push the envelope when it comes to quality role-playing and storytellng in RPGs and they have the talent to back it up.

Every modern game they've been involved with had really blah fps shooting combat.

That's why the animosity. It's what the kiddies care about.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Dungeon Siege 3 becomes a completely different (better) game when you play it with a gamepad. The difference is so striking that it feels like you're playing a redone enhanced edition of the original.

It's still a competently made utterly boring bog standard game.

Without the Obsidian name in the background it would disappear into the ether with all the other blah games.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hat Thoughts posted:

No, you posted it in the right place

Hat, just let it go.

No one likes your thread. :mad:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The second story DLC for Infinite makes the moral choice in Bioshock hilarious.

Good god, that spoiler of the games someone made for me a whole back was full pants on head retarded.

I remember none of it; I think my mind repressed it all.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

If EA/Bioware wants to continue doing the "epic game trilogies" they need to implement a app to let people manually set the major plot flags that the saves would trigger.

This is exactly what's being done with Dragon Age Inquisition. It's called the Keep.

Not that Dragon Age was a great series or anything (ME was like, three times more interesting), but it's what they're doing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rookersh posted:

ME3 is a fine game.

Just pause it and quit as soon as Shepard and Anderson are together, and Anderson says "We did it, huh." and Shepard replies with "Yup."

And then end the game with Citadel dlc.

Citadel is a great closer to the series.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

Actually that happened to me. When my crew got caught in ME2, I just stopped playing the game and uninstalled :ragequit:

HAhahaha :laugh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Schiavona posted:

Yo what mods do I need to play KOTOR II?

Just the one, the content restored mod. It's past version 8 or whatever by now, I think.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

Haha, well, the in-game stuff was a jumping off point more than anything. :)

I've spent more time running around looking up place names, and then finding their real world equivalents online, than actually playing the game.

That's because doing that is better than the game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

Be nice you pessimistic goose.

I was being politely truthful about Watch_Dogs. :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Sounds like you need to play some Fallout Tactics.

Divinity OS might be a little more complicated, but it's certainly a great game.

Also, Frozen Synapse is the best Chess substitute ever in the form of strategic cyberpunk SWAT destruction. It's fuckin' radical. Also, check out Silent Storm 2. :black101:

Don't waste your time with Shadowrun's lovely combat design until you've got no other games to turn to.

Also, and I'm still being absolutely serious here, but Sunrider, yes, it's anime, is actually really nicely done. It's got some pretty drat solid boardgame-esque type of combat. I don't know, but it's free and surprisingly well done and fun.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 21, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

In the end, I bought Divinity: OS. It's pretty sweet, but it has some old-school annoyances, like no input on where to go to buy new equipment in the first town. How was I supposed to guess that it was a woman on the second floor of the mess hall?

By exploring.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

The new post-EA Bioware is a bit underrated in my books. ...whereas the newer titles are much more exciting to play.

Tezz, you should be posting in Hat Thoughts' thread. The Troll Steam thread. :mad:

Terrible, terrible opinions you have. GOod lord.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Darth Various posted:

Isn't Sword of The Stars kinda good, or is there a good reason it's €2,49 ?

It's pc gaming. Using price as an indicator of quality is such a wrong method you may as well try shoving dog kibble up your rear end to figure out the air pressure in your car tires.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - :argh:

Phenotype posted:

You guys suggested Divinity and Shadowrun last night when I was asking about Final Fantasy Tactics clones, though. I guess I'm set for a while with Divinity, but are there any good FFT-style RPGs that have come out in the last few years? I tend to compare Divinity more to Baldur's Gate, which is turn-based strategy, I suppose, but wrapped up in the WRPG exploration package. I'm thinking more of "Here is a battle, now tinker with your men, now here is another battle." The closest I've played in the last few years was The Banner Saga, but that game was kinda meh.

The XCOM stuff. Xenonauts.

Skulls of the Shogun is really fun.

edit: I'm not messing with you; you should really check out Frozen Synapse. You don't really 'upgrade' but it's a FANTASTIC turn-based tactical game.

edit: Redux: This game, Halfway, looks like it could be pretty rad. Comes out tomorrow. I'm going to hold off on buying it until I can check out some reviews, but from what I see I want to play.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 21, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ImPureAwesome posted:

Conquistadors has turn based xcom-lite style combatand is good

gently caress me. I had totally forgotten about that. Yeah, it's a REALLY good game. Heck, aside from XCOM you should get Conquistadors before any of the other suggestions.

Get Conquistadors over Shadowrun any day.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

PSP emulation has recently become a solid choice. It's worth considering.

for the sake of the thread: legalities. But yes, emulation is pretty much perfect for the PSP and the NDS. What you do with that knowledge is between you and your god.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hat Thoughts, just make the Winter Sale thread or something in a few months. It's not like it'd take you very long to put together.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

It'll definitely be one I'll be playing with my kids (to make dem smart)and really quite a good successor in the modern age to TIM.

Only let them play Kerbal and Space Chem.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

averox posted:

One of the screenshots shows the protagonist seemingly waking up from a one night stand, wrapped in a bed sheet, and commenting that the messy room must have meant she had a good time he previous night. Seems like a winner of a game.

How dare they simply reference something and not show it in a cutscene, like a true videogame should.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Carecat posted:

Who played Halfway and is it any good? :ohdear:

I've only seen posts in forums looking forward to it. Not seen any other gameplay besides what was in the trailer.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hogo Fogo posted:

Humble Square Enix Bundle

$1+
Thief Gold
Daikatana
Mini NInjas
Anachronox
Hitman
Hitman 2

BTA:
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: The Fall
Hitman: ABsolution
Nosgoth Veteran Pack
Battlestations: Midway

$15+_
Deus Ex: HR DC
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft & Guardian of Light
Deus Ex GOTY
Kane & Lynch 2

Wow. A buck for Anachronox is a loving steal.

THief Gold is just thief 1 GOTY or whatever, right? It's weird Thief 2 isn't there. Those $15 tier games seem...like they shouldn't be the $15 tier games.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zombie Samurai posted:

Yes.

The guy in my last screenshot keeps asking for women's underwear. At this point I'm ready to believe this is his actual mission objective.

All I'm hearing is that this game sounds like a small version of Second Life.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Blood Money is amazing.

Palpek posted:

Also as I just started learning Mandarin Chinese I pulled the trigger on Influent which is that awesome looking learn-languages-playing-a-video-game title. I should be testing it in the next couple of days so maybe I'll do a short write-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJsj25_B-RM

Good luck, but you'd be better off learning off of a site like Duolingo. Vocab lists, however point & clicky, aren't going to even be remotely useful.

This game looks like 'Flash Cards: The Game".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
A friend let me play a little bit of Halfway, and I only played about an hour and a half of it, but here's what I think anyway.

I thought the aesthetic looks pretty nice. Controls handle fine. There's a little narrative and story, and it's nicely interspersed between shooting things. It's nothing special, but it's decently basic.

Combat is 2-turn move/attack, attack/attack, character special move, move/move et cetera. However, the environments are kinda cramped, so combat tends to feel like you're playing an arena lane type of thing. It feels to me a bit like an even more simple Shadowrun: Returns - which I didn't much enjoy, combat-wise.

You get to choose from multiple missions occasionally - for instance you can either go collect your third trooper or go fight some baddies for supplies first. Either or, so it can alter your 'strategy' a bit, I suppose.

You have standard armor upgrades and weapons and stuff, but meh. I'm done with it. It's not a good enough strategy game to make me want to play more of it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SilverMike posted:

On the heels of Halfway sounding a bit disappointing, could I get a recommendation for a turn-based strategy game with a focus on the squad level? Latest game like that I've had fun with was XCOM:EW.

It's Realtime with Pause, but there's something incredibly wrong with you if you aren't willingly playing Freedom Force.

Back to turn based - Fallout Tactics is STILL pretty loving great.

Frozen Synapse is not quite your traditional turnbased like your momma used to make, but it's literally one of my favorite strategy games I've ever played. poo poo's like Chess.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

Origin doesn't do great discounts. They do great giveaways.

Well...only by accident. Their purposeful giveaways are merely okay. Nobody's shoving the American flag up their rear end because they are getting the Sims 2 or Peggle.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Luisfe posted:

I dunno, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag with all the DLC for 20 bucks on Origin Mexico is very tempting"

How do I get over to this 'Origin: Mexico' place you mention?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's funny about all the hate Witcher 1 gets, however hyperbolic, but loving hell how awesome a game it was when it was released.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Quest For Glory II posted:

They're not, no. They're working on Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands right now. I have not heard great things about the Borderlands one.

There's nothing TO hear about it, it's so early in development. At this point anything you'd hear is super basic plot and rumor.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Deakul posted:

Christ, you weren't kidding.
Going to be hard to get myself to play Sims 2 if there's no way to shorten the load times.

COnsider yourself one of the lucky many.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

I want to see the fattest, gooniest neckbeard win this. It would be hilarious.

It's a video submission, so they can judge accordingly. But that whole things sounds loving stupid. Ubi :shepface:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dementropy posted:

Not entirely Steam related, but I was just cleaning out my spam folder and received an email from Bioware which linked to this video.

The video led to a sparse (and crappy) site.

Does anyone know about an upcoming game called either Nightmare or You've Been Chosen? I can't see Bioware pulling off survival horror, so I'm guessing it has to be something more than just that. Than again - Bioware. It could very well be overpriced survival horror with the option of being able to romance Slenderman party members.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/25/sleeping-sickness-bioware-tease-horror-game/

More as like, it's a collaboration between Bioware and Failbetter games, who made Sunless Sea. Could be neat. Don't know what each team is contributing specifically, though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thank you, Dementropy, for giting me Unrest, a fantasy rpg set in Ancient India. Since it's a fantasy India, I am looking forward to having less rape in this game than real India.

Time will tell. I'm only in process of downloading the game, but aside from me raping Steam's servers (4 MB/s download, bitches!) I am satisfied with the lack of rapiness so far. Keep it up, fantasy India.

ANd also, Kragger, for accidentally gifting me Halfway, after I posted my little review blurb of it. :D I am still trying to work it out with steam support to get it back to you - I shouldn't have blind accepted but I was secretly looking forward to being gifted Secret of the Magic Crystals. Maybe next time, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kin posted:

Hmm, with the second part so far off how likely is it to get a 66% reduction come Christmas?

Like, i'm tempted to get it, but with so many games to currently play and with the second part of the game still to come out, it seems like the sensible option is to wait.

I mean it's not like they'd reduce the discount now that it's had 50% off would they?

Probably not. It'll be that cheap again come Winter, and likely when the final chapter is out as well. Just buy it as one package down the line.

It's pretty good, the first half, at least. Very simple, but fun.

• Locked thread