Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

steam://install/10050

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Deakul posted:

How the gently caress did you find this?

A friend happened to check steamdb just when was removed from the sub where all the free poo poo used to be. Of course had to check if it still worked.

It really is the old rear end demo though so it won't be coming back or anything.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Palpek posted:

Don't do it! He won't be able to redeem the gift, the region lock is really hardcore for the game.

Pretty sure he can, as long as Zedd didn't move to Russia or something.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Palpek posted:

Google tells me the gifts from other regions don't work with MG:R just like with Wolfenstein. This isn't the usual region locking thing.

Looks normal to me. PurchaseRestrictedCountries flag only stops you from activating keys without VPN and buying the game from the store. Gift activation works fine.
AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting doesn't restrict all cross region trading, just activating the stuff bought from cheaper countries.

Wolfenstein uses the prohibitrunincountries flag to stop Germans from playing it. Only way for them to get an uncensored non-region locked Steam copy is getting the QuakeCon pack gifted from outside Germany.

Unbearable fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 19, 2014

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Gimperial posted:

This isn't true

That's true for the collectors edition, normal one is fine.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Gimperial posted:

The collector's edition is not up for sale in the Russian store. That warning is for the regular version.

You guys are confusing two separate region locks. One is where you can't buy it, which is mentioned in steamdb. The second is where you can't add it to your library, which is the case with DOS. There's nothing about the second one in steamdb.

The store notice can be wrong, it only takes a trip to SteamDB to verify that. Normal version definitely is region free, gifting is disabled for it in Russia but that is easily circumvented.

Dunno why CE is gone from Russian store now, but it's definitely why the region lock blurb shows up.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/298260/achievements

:frogout:

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

http://nothing.edwardbowden.co.uk/freecopy/

Free game or just nothing, I don't even know.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

I don't think the current version of Idle Master has any SAM code in it anymore, apparently he accidentally uploaded an old build at first that had still had SAM baked in it.

If the guy wanted to hijack your account he could've probably done it through Enhanced Steam already anyway. :v:

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

:eyepop:

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Steam is starting to display prices in NOK now, and they... mostly seem pretty fair. Some of them are even good, like the Serious Sam 3 deal which costs 1.99 kr, which is roughly 30 cents.

Though chances are they'll make huge price hikes once they realize that our prices are either fair or good.

Look for price errors like that while you can.

FYI CS:GO is currently 1.3€ in the norwegian store, you can easily make a healthy profit on that.

e: all valve game prices are goofed.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

I just tried adding CS:GO and SS3 to my cart to get some cheap gift copies, and they show up as higher prices in checkout. Guess it just looks hosed up on the store pages. :(

Shame, looks like about half the NOK prices are hosed up. :v:

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

The best game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxs15u5Qfww

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Grey Elephants posted:

Every time I try and launch Steam it tells me it can't write to its folder :( Didn't install anything new, turned my computer on/off etc. I can't find anything on google about it, so looks like I'm waiting on valve support.

Did you install FFXIII? Your HDD could be full.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

From the comments of that apology blog post, written by the Guncraft dev:

quote:

I had the "pleasure" of being acquainted with Mike and Travis during a Groupees bundle we shared last year in May. They were harassing customers in chat and I stepped in to tell them to stop. After Mike and Travis retargeted their harassment at me, Mike and I proceeded to chat in private messages. I told him "you need to learn to act a bit more professional" after a short discussion about how he can't treat his customers that way. He said "You can't teach a lesson to God."

After a little bit of talk like this (I remained civil and he kept saying things like this. I have the entire transcript saved btw.), Mike proceeded to get his followers and famous YouTubers to go and attack our Desura page, putting in 1/10's for reviews over and over. He also got people to talk poo poo on Twitter about our game, despite them not playing it at all. It was petty and pointless and all because I defended customers he was harassing.

I've followed his progress closely and silently ever since then. I documented several of his outbursts and waited for him to implode. That day finally came.

Mike is not a good person. He got what he deserved and anyone feeling sorry for him really shouldn't. Maybe one day he'll become a halfway decent human being, but it won't be in the game industry. He's done here, as seen from this terrible apology. "lovely corporations" really?! You haven't learned ANYTHING Mike.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Kin posted:

Wait, poo poo, when did this happen?

I'm sure it was doable on the last steam sale wasn't it?

Cross region gifting being disabled by default just means that everything added to Steam from now on will have region locks in place from the get go.

The usual US to EU gifting works fine still, since only games bought from the former Soviet Union countries, Turkey, Mexico, Southeast Asia and South America have those restrictions.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Leave it to Indie Gala to put Playing History: Slave Trade in a bundle.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I tried buying Beyond Earth from Nuuvem and it was region locked. That's a 2K game.

You just need to use a VPN to put it to cart, the key you get should be region free.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

NaDy posted:

Here you go!

http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561198118584173

E: he's turned the aimbot off apparently but he's still got cheats all over the place

Did he have that VAC ban when he was still streaming? :p

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApOFe9ODZY

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

S.D. posted:

Does anyone have a link to that Saint's Row 4 upgrade pack that was cheaper than buying the GotY version during the Black Friday sale? I know searching for it on Steam doesn't work.
Should show on any DLC page for the game.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Life is Strange is ~$7.5 at Newegg:

15% off code: EMCANNR72 (single use only, but applies to whole cart)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166195 EP1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166196 EP2-5

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

MagusProject posted:

So, is this bundle as cheap everywhere, or is this some weird pricing error? I'm happy enough to exploit it.

I'm sure its meant to be 100 NZD.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

MagusProject posted:

I can confirm it at 1 dollar, so I've got a copy for myself and 6 for gifts.
Why stop at 7? You should be able to get 10 before you get locked out for an hour. Then if they don't fix it soon you can get 10 more later.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Looks like Resident Evil is off the table. Price hasn't fixed but transactions are failing after I confirm gift purchase.
You can only do 10 transactions per hour.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/The-Square-Enix-Easter-Surprise.php
5 games + coupons, 5.49€ / 3.99 GBP

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Gamestop US has Riddick Steam keys for $5.

You can also fill your library with all sorts of terrible hunting games. Bargain.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGurJJWjydk

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Killing Floor 2 is 20€ / 25€ (digital deluxe) in EU2. Better than the 6-pack price.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Looking for NBA2K16 too if any NZ goon wants to sell one. Can pay 10bux

e: thanks awesmoe

Unbearable fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Are Raven still in Cod map purgatory? I liked their FPSs.
Kinda, they're making Modern Warfare Remastered.

• Locked thread