Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

at first drdd was bad but then when it was reborn as the imp zone, it became significantly less bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Koobze posted:

Anyone who likes anime games is seriously hosed up, seriously. It is even worse than child-love.
Maybe if, instead of spending hours ironically masturbating to anime, you guys worked on legalizing pedophilia, the world would look down on you a tiny bit less.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Is there a list of which deals are daily deals anywhere because the new Steam interface kinda blows when it comes to actually finding out which deals are dailies.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thinking of picking up Defense Grid 2 while it's on sale but I have heard it's not as good as the first game is this true c/d

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm one mobile right now, and I can't find the Steam page for getting your own trade offer url. Google has failed me. Could someone be a cool person and link that steam page if possible?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MGS has been known for having hella cut content in its history so I am not surprised it happened here too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jamfrost posted:

My only hope is that FF7 remake is significantly less grindy. I'd go into more details, but... Can't remember for the life of me....

What the

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Unless you are trying to beat the superbosses in a non-cheesy way, you do not have to grind in FF7 at all!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The fact that it's the first box with repeats is what really makes it lame

I don't mind anything else about it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sivek posted:

It's an all right hack-and-slash that's not particularly difficult. There are some annoying shielded/color-coded enemies and the like and the boss fights are boring mechanically, but it's a decent game if you can deal with the "edginess".

The updated version added a bunch of changes including a removal of the color-coded system. Now the weapons you needed to hurt them are just more effective against them instead.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Does the 20% off GMG code posted earlier stack on existing sale prices? I'd check myself but I'm on my phone atm.

My experience with their discount codes is that they'll stack for preorder discounts but not stuff that is actively on sale.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Jesus, how badly did it sell on Xbone to get dumped that quickly?

It's more like they care about *console* exclusivity. PS4 version is coming much later.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HGH posted:

Oh yeah I love it when people post year old twitter messages they disagree with and have probably bookmarked like some sorta weird creepy stalker. It's really cool. Reminds me of all these Steam sales I'm not looking at.

It's insanely cool, and *not* filled with AIDS

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

It's not "demonstrably false", it's just a lame excuse for warez.

Yeah justifications for piracy are lame. Just own up to the fact that you wanna play a game without paying money for it, imo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

With one of the games I worked on, we found someone posted it to an FTP site the day of release. Someone tracked down the owners of the site, and it was traced to one of the game's larger "fan" sites.

That is lame as hell.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Theswarms posted:

The 360 controller I currently use for ports which don't understand m+kb (hi Samurai Warriors 4-II) is giving up the ghost, what's best to replace it with? Steam Controller, Xbone, ps4 or something else?

The Xbone controller feels better than the 360 and has a d-pad that is actually usable, so it's a pretty nice upgrade.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Times! posted:

People bought more games during the winter sale because they refrained from buying things during the fall sale so they could possibly get better deals during the winter sale. There's no other explanation.

Those comparisons to winter 2014 and 2015 really show a world of difference though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lol at some of those links

quote:

Since the summer sale started, I've made some refund requests to titles that I couldn't make my minds in time but later regretted buying.

Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 (not played at all) GTA 5(re-purchased because I bought it with FF, had to return it as well) Few Crusader Kings DLC (not played at all. I was really conflicted about this one. after refunding, I decided to buy every DLC instead) All Crusader Kings DLC (not played at all. decided to get a refund to buy other titles) Survivalist (played 100 minutes)

First 3, I got a refund approval in 1~2 hours. For CK2 DLCs, I've not received approval or decline for 5 days. Still waiting. Survivalist finally got refunded after 4 days.

So does Steam support consider refunding 40ish DLCs together as 40 different refund requests?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ryuga Death posted:

Is the PC release of Dragon's Dogma worth picking up? The game looks fun. Are there any port issues that are a big issue?

No major issues afaik, plus the framerate is way better than the console versions. It's a good port. My only problem is that the audio levels are rather low but that's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

I like the look of this, especially the cat hanging off the text box. I played a couple of Kemco phone RPGs and they were..pretty standard jerpiggs, but not outright offensive like a Compile Heart game I guess.

Yeah it looks neat enough that I could see myself picking that up on a whim

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Palpek posted:

I heard that the Xbone controller is actually worse than 360? I don't have one so somebody confirm/deny. Also the word is that the ds4 is the golden standard now and you just install ds4windows and it emulates it as a 360 controller and works with no problems whatsoever.

You'll have to wait for people who own one to confirm/deny though.

I like how it feels more than the 360 controller and as a nice bonus the d-pad is actually usable

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's always weird to see complaints about lack of mouse & keyboard controls for games that would play terribly with them

Other than that it's a good article about just how badly they dropped the ball on what should have been a simple port

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are keyboard controls in place for such games but I'm trying and failing to think of what using a mouse could add to something like Symphonia

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I...didn't cherry pick at all? I just said that was the only part of a good article I disagreed with.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Deakul posted:

XCOM is a bad game that everyone loves for some reason, its nonsensical uncontrollable RNG will literally always gently caress you in the rear end.
Is it really news that XCOM2 is the same dumb poo poo?

You could say the same about poker and people would rightfully think that it's a crazy thing to say

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

Harmonix just announced Rock Band 4 for PC... or rather their 1.5 million dollar kickstarter of it to 'gauge interest' :psyduck: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc

Considering how fragile that market can be, I can't blame them for playing it safe as possible

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I'd be glad to get a smartphone as soon as they stop charging like 50++ dollars a month for barely any service at all, on top of a multi hundred dollar phone. I buy a computer, it's bought and paid for and I don't have to pay extra monthly poo poo outside of the ISP bill. Phones are like black holes for money, gently caress that.

edit: this sounds angry, i am angry, but at phone prices, not you / the discussion.

The prices you're giving are at least double what you actually have to pay unless you won't accept not having premium services

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Macaluso posted:

A lot of grandpas itt

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

iGestalt posted:

Is it worth it at that price? Had my eye on it for a while as I love Dynasty Warriors stuff and Dragon Quest stuff.

It's worth full price if you like both of those things!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HMS Boromir posted:

is this just a joke about how shady G2A is or do they honest to goodness sell key insurance

They not only sell it, but you have to screenshare as you type the key in unless I'm remembering a different shady key site

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HMS Boromir posted:

don't sell to and buy from key resellers lmao

It's legit better to just pirate the dang thing than to support those sites.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Is DLGamer legit? I want to get Dragon's Dogma and they've got it on sale for $22.50.

I know I've seen that site on the Game Deals Reddit, which doesn't allow people to list certain sites if they confirm any shady happenings.

Doesn't mean that it's a 100% guarantee that the dev will get your money but it's a drat better chance than places like G2A

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Randler posted:

Is Street Fighter V good or bad right now? Steam reviews are mixed, which I normally associate with stuff being horrible. :ohdear:

Good if you want to play multiplayer, bad if you want singleplayer content.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kanfy posted:

It doesn't really matter though, The Division has "Mixed" reviews and it also sold more copies on day one than any other Ubisoft game in history.

I'm gonna take a completely unfounded, unprecedented guess and say those reviews are probably because like every AAA game ever they had server problems day 1 so people left angry reviews!???

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Deakul posted:

Bingo.

Also, people who don't research games before buying them.

I don't get people who are mad about servers for big games having troubles due to that rush at launch. Like yeah if it's still happening a few weeks out that's terrible but within the first few days? It's something everyone should expect by now.

It's disappointing that it happens time and time again but heck you might as well be yelling at the weather to not rain, even companies that have the resources and the know-how to deal with it still have problems.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

There's also a rumor that the console manufacturers are going release updated versions of current consoles (ie the PS4k) but then again this is right after everyone fell for that Nintendo NX controller hoax so...

They've straight up said they would so it's not just a rumor.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is the steam controller a worthwhile purchase? I need a controller for my PC

There has been news of a hardware revision in the works so for the near future it's probably best to stick with a 360 or Xbox One controller.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Who use what, now?

Cheaters got banned, basically.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ryuga Death posted:

I can get Batman Ark Knight for 19.19 on GMG. Is it worth it? I've heard it has performance issues. My system is : i4 4570, gtx 970, 16gb of ram. Will I be able to run it at 1080p okay?

There's no rhyme or reason as to what configurations are hosed up and what will work just fine. Best to wait for it to be cheap on Steam so you have a refund option available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xander77 posted:

It seems like a bit much, honestly.

They should have made an alt account to store the items if they didn't want to lose them when they got caught.

• Locked thread