Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The achievements in Escape Goat make you feel like the slickest bastard ever when you do them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone familiar with Escape Goat know what you're supposed to do in Room 8 of the Final Path? I get that I'm meant to move a lit bomb over to the right side of the room, but I don't know how.

Nevermind, think I got it.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 19, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think with AAI2 the team who translated the first one disbanded, and they didn't want to do it with another one. At least I remember hearing something like that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is any of the Fallout 3 DLC good? That would be why I'd get it on PC, since my copy of it's in just the other room. Unless there's some really good Mods.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel like a drooling idiot for asking this, but I'm at Galbalan in Oath in Felghana, and how are you meant to dodge the fireball spam in his first form? No matter what I try, running, normal jumping, double jumping, I always, always get clipped by the third-to-last one. I know I'm gonna need to take as little damage as possible for the later parts already, and this is also really frustrating me, which doesn't help.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I swear Galbalan's AI is sentient or something.

"Oh, got to my second phase with almost all your first lifebar intact? Hope you learned how to dodge my hardest move, fucker."

And just now he followed up the ice platforms with the fireballs three times in a row with like two hits until his second phase.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 21, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So the new Indie Gala bundle seems mostly crap, but Dark Scavenger is good for a dollar fifty.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm sure all those people posting that they're happy with their deals are wrong, then.

I beat Oath in Felghana on Nightmare just now, which I'm pretty happy about. Origin is supposed to be a little easier, right?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Voting for you just because selecting a name that close to Ride to Hell is kinda ballsy, even if you didn't do it on purpose.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://sklep.gram.pl/oferty/gram-bundle/

New bundle from a new bundle site. Not sure if the keys would give you the english versions though, for obvious reasons.

They all seem to be from the same company who did the Nightmare from the Deep games, which aren't bad.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 22, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://indiepinata.com/

I believe Contraptions has that discount because of this, actually. But since Monaco's on there it effectively applies to everyone.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"Think this might be perpetuating unflattering stereotypes about this demographic?"

"Nah, why?"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Since Thief Gold is on there, what are the chances of one of the extra games being 2? Blood Money's almost definitely gonna be one.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Quest For Glory II posted:

Wait a minute this is a good Indie Royale what's going on

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Stealth Bastard Deluxe (good game!!)
Jack Lumber
FLY'N (good game!!)
Oozi
Mr. Bree+
Savant: Ascent (people say this is good!!)
Doomed'N'Damned

Mr. Bree is a pretty solid platformer, and its soundtrack is really awesome.

It's only 2.99 in the store, so it's kinda baffling how quickly it turned into bundle fodder. Already been in two.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 23, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Darth Various posted:

New Bundle Stars bundle:

Vector - looks like Canabalt but with more than one button?
Rush For Glory
Montas
Steel & Steam: Episode 1
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
Ionball 2: Ionstorm
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass & Ink - some adventure game, it won't say if it's point&click.
Growing Pains

Any opinions on any of these? Is it worth €3,19 for essentially the canabalt clone?

It's a hidden object adventure game (and if you hate those, the games from this company usually have some other minigame you can do if you want); you go through areas, pick up stuff and use it on other stuff, and solve simple puzzles. I've played both of the Nightmare from the Deeps, and they weren't too bad. This will probably be more of the same I'd imagine.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Where do you go in the first Witcher after making the potion and going to take to the Reverend? Just wait?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I actually don't mind this chapter so far, there's running around but the area's not all that big.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You know that's optional right?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So having a quest where Geralt gets drunk and fights two monsters was pretty amusing, but putting an ambush of dogs between you and the nearest fireplace? Not quite so funny.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sweezy Gunner's not bad for two bucks if you're looking for a shooter.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Night Dive aren't the people originally behind those games, right? Have they done anything to make them undeserving of money?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well the average on the bundle has shot up to 12.85 somehow, so I guess I'll just get the two titles for a couple bucks.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone interested in splitting the 20 dollar tier somehow?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
How impatient are you if you can't sit through Oath's cutscenes?

Are the PC ports to the other Kain games anything like Soul Reaver? That one was awful enough on my computer I just tracked down the PSX version, since I'd already paid for it. But I'm not sure I can do that with the PS2 ones.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 29, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I was hoping for the other Thiefs, but then they went on sale in the store. So it worked out.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So the Trading Card 2 Blink Bundle updated with its secret game, a 2D horror game called Whispering Willows. It's not bad so far, has kind of an RE1 vibe with notes and stuff everywhere.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I now have 199 games on Steam. I don't know what number 200 should be.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I was looking up the games in that Bundle Stars deal, and,

Steel Storm review posted:

Apart from this being a boring game with controls so bad that it causes dizziness, I don't recommend this game because of the behaviour of the developers themselves.

Because of its low User Score on Metacritic (4.7 out of 10), the devs made an official announcement where they asked gamers to spam-vote perfect 10s in order to manipulate the result, while at the same time calling those who gave them low reviews "♥♥♥♥♥s" and "trolls", among other insults. When I and a few others remarked on how unprofessional that was, we had our comments and posts deleted, as well as our names included in a very public "Hall of Shame" (which was also deleted a few days later) where the developers attempted to ridicule and humiliate us as "trolls".

When almost no one posted any favourable user reviews on Metacritic, they asked Steam to remove their Metacritic score from the game's store page, as it gave them bad publicity (and that's why it's no longer here), but not before one of the developers (called Alexander "motorsep" Zubov) posted a fake review, giving his own game a 9 out of 10.

Companies that behave this way don't deserve any business.

Well then.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Might be a stupid question, but can you not set Trails in the Sky to run in a windowed mode?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Harvey's New Eyes is on for four bucks this week, and I thought it was pretty good.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://store.steampowered.com/app/316850/

Oh another RPG Maker game? Well-

"Sacred Tears TRUE brings both traditional JRPG elements and fresh and unique features such as a deceptively simple but deep card battle system, redistributable skill points, and graphics by Takashi KONNO (Shichinin no Bukiya) and music by Hiroyuki Ojima (Accel World, When They Cry anime) and Shimotsuki Haruka (Atelier Iris, Ace Attorney Orchestral Performance)

Huh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Quest For Glory II posted:

It looks like it's made in something else like Game Maker, but anyway if these are american weeaboos making this can we stop with the nonsense names. The gently caress does "Sacred Tears TRUE" mean

If the soundtrack is in Ace Attorney's league they can call it whatever they want.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm getting these little bursts of lag in Trails in the Sky, and it started after I set the game to run in windowed mode. Anyone else have this happen? I tried turning down the textures but it still happens.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://store.steampowered.com/app/307010/

This looks kinda interesting.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sivek posted:

Also started playing Valdis Story and holy poo poo does the level up/choose skill sound effect remind of the one used in The Witcher 1, or at least it does in my hazy memory.

Now that you mention it that screen kinda looks like the one from the Witcher, too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like Artifex's games, but they really need to find another female voice actor for their leads.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Mouth moving but nothing else on the face? Sure that's not an early Artifex game?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Dark Scavenger is half off this week. It's good, buy it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SelenicMartian posted:

It's the game where Your Mother is an inventory item, and you can use it to bribe people, right?

I don't think I got that follower. But I did get the Dentist's Drill, which deals more damage to enemies if their sprite has its mouth open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"Hey, let's make disconnecting rope lines and connecting them take very similar mouse commands!" said one person who worked on Volt.

"Ooh, and let's give the player a limit on how many they can use per level, typically with no room for error!" said another.

gently caress this game, said I.

• Locked thread