Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CJacobs posted:

D-Walker's handling fuckin sucks and so it is a terrible method of getting around, and it also has wheels that are the equivalent of that shopping cart you occasionally get that has the hosed up wheel that won't go straight. Also also you can't shoot your weapons while riding on D-Walker and have to rely on its own to get by. The horse is Just Better.
D-Walker is fine when you realise he has pin-point perfect handling and turning as long as you’re in aiming mode. For some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Apparently the Ubisoft Bundle got updated with...Chaos Theory and Blood Dragon :effort:

I was really hoping for Child of Light. Oh well, at least some more people might get a chance to play GOAT Blood Dragon.
Oh well, $1 tier it is.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Soldak games are so full of fun ambitious ideas and reactivity that I really wish they were remotely fun to play and didn’t boil down to Diablo clones with fun gimmicks in the 10% of the game you aren’t mashing monsters

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sniper Elite 3 came infuriatingly close to being fun without ever actually managing. Wonder if this one will get it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Foulbrood posted:

Streaming is full of idiot (man-)children but this one is a special kind of hell.

He's some British slob working in the petroleum industry somewhere in the Emirates, I think, who does drugs and buys hookers on stream and then tweets about it. He often gets his account banned from Twitch but if you want to experience some true existential dread check him out whenever he pops up now and again. It's pretty horrifying in the car crash sense.
Well, that's one of the more British stories I've heard today and I live here.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Have a video of veteran UK children's entertainers killing an arms dealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_6qXsOrK4
...huh.

The Chuckle Brothers are weird.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

There's been a Steam announcement for Project Setsuna, a Chrono Trigger spiritual sequel by Square-Enix:
http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

play Witcher 1. it's good apart from the poo poo combat (aka it is a Witcher game)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Quick question about the new Tomb Raider since I think I'm getting near the end of the main campaign: Is there gonna be a big obvious point of no return like in the first one so that I can go and 100% everything if I wanted?
yep

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao I'm glad I wasn't the only one who did this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's great actually

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is Sacred 2 the one where Blind Guardian play an actual in-game concert

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

played through Deadbolt over the last couple of days and was kind of underwhelmed. It's good, but compared to other games in that vein - Hotline Miami, Gunpoint, Mark of the Ninja, Ronin I guess? - I didn't like it as much and it was weirdly lacking in charm. Felt like I was using the same few strategies every level, I dunno

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

even the PCGamer review I read said the game is kind of weird about consent, it's not just some big gamergate conspiracy, it seems to raise questions - whether intentional or not :shrug:

edit: lol RPS says there's a scene where your (female, lesbian) character gets raped by a man and ends up enjoying it. Yeah I'll pass thanks

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jesus that's bad

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Why didn't you play with Enemy Within in the first place

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Antti posted:

I played 500+ hours of XCOM1+EW+Long War and XCOM2 has utterly superseded them for me. I don't see getting EW as necessary in a world where you can get XCOM2 for cheap.

I dunno, I played 2 a few months after a playthrough of EU+EW+Long War and it felt pretty… thin by comparison. Fun, but not on the same level yet. Hopefully whatever expansion(s) happen, and LW2, make it bigger and meatier

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mordja posted:

Apropos of nothing, how does Jagged Alliance 2 hold up? I've never played a game in the series before, so is it still actually good without the benefits of nostalgia?

E: Should mention I already know to use 1.13

It's still probably the best squad level tactics game ever made

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HardDiskD posted:

I really loved DOOM and how Doomguy hates everything, but there's at least three times where I wish they hadn't neutered Doomguy via the power of cutscene. One in particular felt pretty cheap, where a pane of glass separated you from your enemy, and Doomguy just stands there.

if you asked me the least likely game to pull a Divinity 2 ending I'd have said a Doom reboot but well here we are

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HGH posted:

You should see what the full launcher name for RE7 looks like, it's dumb as hell.
all the RE games are like this for some reason

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i need my baby back baby back baby back ribs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im g0nna drop a massive turd while reading this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Carecat posted:

Supposedly Chris Robert's brother is very capable so he is probably going to pull a competent single player release of Squadron 42 out of the hat.
that's all I really care about so I hope it's true.

There's a functional game in there somewhere - I played a couple of the free weekends over the last few months - and they really nail the fantasy of getting out of your space bed and going through the space dorms to call on your spaceship and blast off into space. And, er, all the buttons and stuff seem to do what they're supposed to. Someone should surely be able to salvage something out of that. It's not like there's absolutely no game there at all, but.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

interact with a new and improved sun safely in Sunless Sea! E SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE S

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

RPS has an article up about a game coming out this year about programming robots, and I need it -

But I'm bringing this to the thread's attention because

I don't think John understands that reading about book binding is cool, and playing games about programming is even cooler. I...don't comprehend why someone could be mad about more programmers making games about it - the genre is the least saturated one in the world, compared to things like shooters or punchers.
John Walker is mostly just a boring contrarian now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

somebody's making an action-adventure game I think

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shartae and the Pirate's Turds.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Have some respect for yourself and your friends here at the somethingawful forums
the new one is... uh... Shantae: Half-Flushed Urinal.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if it takes them a couple of years they might hit more of a market sweet spot

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hopefully they don't use too much of that money to defend/represent the KKK, Neo-Nazis and Milo Yoaoboaoobooby

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So which wots is best to start with

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah please don't get the droid planet it's loving miserable

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

youcallthatatwist posted:

Also if 20$ seems like too much, consider that you're actually getting a very cool fully-fledged roguelike in addition to the main game.
hmm?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

uguu

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Huh I swear I only bought one month of humble monthly but I guess I have a total war game I don't want now. Anyone want to trade

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

you talkin poo poo about baldurs gate m8?

Hopefully

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Finally got around to trying Octodad. Is there consensus that this game is about being drunk and trying to handle your poo poo?

If a perfectly normal human dad wants to have a couple of beers while he does the yardwork that's entirely up to him.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

ive never understood why its called octodad
each kid thinks of him as being as good as four normal dads.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Thief 4 is the Akheline's Gun of the series
please don't remind me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

grognard used to be the catch-all goon insult for anyone who dared to like games from before (current year/month) but that seems to have died down recently, which is nice

• Locked thread