Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Great job with the OP, and thank you for listing all those utilities. It's helpful to have an actual, quasi-endorsed recommendations that goons can trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Unbearable posted:

steam://install/10050

I can't install that because I own the full version of the product.

[e] Oh, it's Quake Wars!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Quest For Glory II posted:

Flatout 3 - $7.49
Flatout Ultimage Carnage - $4.99

FlatOut UC is a good game for the $5 if you're into racing. Flatout 3 (the latest one) is a disaster and you should stay away from it.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

revdrkevind posted:

John Romero's Legacy

Snagged this, thanks! I've always wanted to play this game to personally experience what everybody complains about.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Regarding Microprose's Magic game...

Danith posted:

Yup, and I think you could get quests from the towns.. I think I still have my CDs laying around

fake edit: ohh, theres a updated version floating around that apparently works on win 7+

There's actually a fan-run modification of the game that uses more modern cards in addition to working on newer operating systems. It includes Momir, Planechase, drafting and more.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
There's a lot of talk about Diablo and how it's the king of ARPG. I have both Torchlights, along with D3 and its expansion. Ideally, I feel like the best ARPG is one that has tons of content, whereas Diablo's adventure mode is basically "here is you returning to parts of the game you've already seen, maybe with a couple monsters that are variably different than the last time."

Is there an ARPG that just has heaps of content that always feels fresh?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Just saw the announcement that Borderlands 2 is now SteamOS compatible, and that the Pre-Sequel will be SteamOS compatible on launch.

This is the first I've seen this. How many games are jumping on board?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Democracy 3 is on my wishlist and 66 percent off, but I don't have the funds to buy the game at the moment.

However, my account has $1.75 on it and I see the Extremism DLC is on sale for $1.69.

Am I able to buy the DLC without buying the game, so that the DLC will be available to me when I finally buy the game?

\/ \/ Thanks for the advice! DONE

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 3, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I've never played Supreme Commander, even though I own 1, 2 and FA on Steam. But by golly, I wish the original Total Annihilation would come to Steam. I lost so many hours to that game.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
There should be a place in the OP for listing a couple really good curators.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

abraham linksys posted:

Nah:

Unless the new expansion comes with like 30 gigs of FMV :v:

How you liking Windows 10 so far? I haven't had any issues at all so far (except for the inability to own the contents of a drive from a previous Windows install, which you can see here by the partial read only. Good luck getting that unless you reassign permissions on the entire drive).

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

HogX posted:

So Saints Row: Gat out of hell. It just popped up for me, and I hadn't heard a thing about this. Is this some sort of stand-alone game, or a really big DLC for saints row 4?

Standalone, afaik. But I didn't know it was up on Steam already...

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I got through about six minutes of it.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Kragger made me a true luchador with GUACAMELEE!!!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

I'm loving this broadcast feature. I just went to someone's Skyrim stream to find a bunch of characters dancing to Michael Jackons' thriller, and the girl in the white dress isn't wearing underwear.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
So what are you Internet wizards doing to get money? It seems that there's no point if all you want to do is get money, since this auction thing ends literally the moment the winter sale begins.

Gimmick Account posted:

Because some people are stupid, useless, and hopefully expire by January 16th.

I would like to commend you for this post.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Hecataeus... Battlepaths... He tha man!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Everblight posted:

Welp, that's it, I'm out and done. Final tally:
[snip]
----
Retail $195.90
Probably Sale Prices: ~$90
Total Spent: $60.56

Now on to what to play first. Suggestions?

How is this happening two days AHEAD OF THE FREAKIN' SALE?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Heran Bago posted:

What's up with the huge influx of phishing attempts? SO much more "my bro wanna trade with you but he can't here click this link" stuff lately.

Has Valve ever said anything on the subject?

Yeah. They've said to be wary of anybody who offers to trade outside of Steam.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Steam Thread: 840 pages of Hatoful Boyfriend fan-fiction

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Could this be Bad Rats 2015?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
With all of this discussion about Saints... Gat Out Of Hell is $5 on GameStop as a digital download (you get a Steam key).

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Has anybody who ordered Gat Out Of Hell from Gamestop gotten their key yet?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
To anybody who was playing games in 1999, apparently Slave Zero and Redline got Steam releases.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Redline and Slave Zero are both $1.39 over on Bundle Stars, to anybody who was excited about them hitting Steam.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Are there any informed opinions of Brawlhalla?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, what the hell is D4, if not the inevitable sequel to Diablo 3?

Dark Dreams Don't Die

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

fatherboxx posted:

Is the new Carmageddon worth playing?

Did you enjoy Carma1 and Carma2? Do you have a PC capable of traveling through time and buying hardware that'll be out a year from now?* If so, then YES.

* = It's a wee bit unoptimized and doesn't work as well on older hardware as several other recent game releases. Expect worse performance, but the same mindless Carmageddon fun.

Also at this point you guys should be :siren: WAITING FOR THE SUMMER SALE :siren:. Don't buy anything full-price. Just take the money you'd spend, put it away, and then when these games go on sale mid-to-late June into July (whenever it is this year; last year it was much earlier) you can buy the game and other awful games that go on sale for 80 percent off.

Carmageddon should definitely be 50 percent off at some point.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 25, 2015

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I have a financial quandary... Dying Light is 46 percent off at IndieGala at $32.49, the lowest it has ever been since it released three months ago.

Do I buy it? Or do I wait for the Steam sale and see if it drops to 75 percent off? Since it's a recent AAA title, I'm betting the best it'll see is 25 percent off sale-wide, and 50% off in a flash sale.

[e] Screw it, I bought it. I can at least play it now.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 27, 2015

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

$1.24 couldn't kill me. I just bought a copy for my library and an inventory copy. Maybe I can sell it for $200 a couple years from now.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Like yeah okay then. I work for a bank and that brought up all kinds of question marks for me. Like none of the cores or online bank providers that I know do anything like that for charges made that day. It's just weird, heh.

I have two charges in my account both posting for the 28th. It's the next business day.

I'm not going to reveal what bank I have, but it's one of the biggest ones in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I tried searching around but didn't see much chatter on it. Has anyone had a chance to try out Subsistence? It looks neat but being early access, I'm not sure what to think.

• Locked thread