Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xander77 posted:

Far Cry 4 Brotherhood impressions:

Best part of Farcry 4 is that literally every single main mission makes you choose between the two resistance leaders, and regardless of which one you side with you find out after that they're using the victory in order to achieve something utterly despicable/horrible. Like the male resistance guy is some hosed up pedophile or something, and the woman believes in bringing back slavery. It's loving ridiculous.

Gameplay is a blast though, same deal as Farcry 3 where the story was batshit stupid but it was a ton of fun to just play around in the world.

Edit: added spoiler tags because I'm an idiot.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

anilEhilated posted:

Can't you just kill everyone? I mean, that is what the game is about...

I think you can only kill them after you complete the main plot (which involves killing one of them to let the other consolidate their power) but even if you do that, NPCs still talk about the gameworld as if the current leader is still alive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xander77 posted:

I kinda knew that already, but thanks for the spoilers regardless.

poo poo, sorry man. I don't know why I didn't think to put spoiler tags on it, my bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

£20 a year is what I pay, and that's allowed me to play 20 games that I've had a passing interest in but not enough to give money for. That works out at £1 a game. Even if you just want anything in the Bioware back catalog, it's still a good deal for say the Mass Effect or Dragon Age trilogies plus access to great short single player campaigns like Titanfall 2 soon. Grab the $5 if you just want to play one game that's already there, grab the (I'm guessing it's $30 for a year) if you want to play many games on that list.

This is cool and good, but it does remind me that one of the stated (and lying) purposes for moving away from Steam to Origin by EA was "Steam devalues properties with their constant discounts" and now they basically give games away for free or essentially charge $1 a game.

• Locked thread