Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Correct. That's one of the many countries you cannot buy the game in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tezzeract posted:

I thought I'd hate Diablo's story since I spoiled it for myself before playing, but it was still entertaining. Sagacious Zu was some crazy potsmoking sage that came out of nowhere.

Isn't Sagacious Zu from Jade Empire?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Torchlight 2 / Torchlight (or its even older descendants FATE and FATE Undiscovered Realms) - very moddable, can be played offline

-has battle llamas

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The remake of Abe's Odyssey is out. But it's not on Steam. It doesn't even have a page! I heard it was coming out for PC though so what's going on? :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Orv posted:

PS4 first, literally everything else to follow.

When? :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

computer parts posted:

I don't know if this has been mentioned here but Valve has ported Dota 2 to the Source 2 engine and you can play around with the dev tools:

Something has definitely changed, as a cursory look at the updated Dota console and map editor, Hammer, make clear. If Source 2 is going to be the backbone of all Valve’s upcoming releases though and its most valuable current release, it seems likely that any release would be as much a test of newly efficient systems rather than a statement of any kind. If you want to see how a million computers handle the skeleton of a new engine, Dota 2 is one of the most useful delivery vehicles any company could have.
[/quote]

Source2? What's that mean?

quote:

Quite what this means, it’s impossible to say at the moment

Oh okay.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

37th Chamber posted:

My only beef with Nosgoth is that you're forced to play humans, vampires are way more fun :colbert:

I thought you could choose your side???

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Gamersgate has all your good old Dungeons & Dragons computer game titles in one (and Temple of Elemental Evil, which isn't good) for the low low price of $3.99. Does anyone know how the pack is handled? It says it's a 10 gig download, so I guess it's all the games in one file? Do they run alright? Can you still apply the BG1 and 2 fix to them?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Okay, yeah, wow, mea culpa. I didn't know people fixed ToEE. When it first came out, it was rather quite bad.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Proclick.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Bodzilla posted:

I bought the Tropico 4 Collection 90 minutes ago for £4.50, and now it's £0.29.
You guys want me to buy any more games so they then stick a 99% discount on it?

Yeah if you could buy Divinity: Original Sin, that'd be great.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

As someone who absolutely adored Dishonored, would it be worth it to pick up the GOTY? I just played the base game, no DLC and no Daud aaaand uit's sold out. :I

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Mr E posted:

My favorite part of Borderlands 2 is that any time it's mentioned in this thread it gets argued about for pages upon pages.

No matter what one's opinions of Borderlands 2 is, I think we can all agree that this is the best thing to come out of it:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

K. Flaps posted:

Alternatively, don't ever post again.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

ymgve posted:

drat, that's quite impressive, it even has better resolution than the Doom GBA port.

The GBA was a really neat little system. I wish someone did a cool breakdown of it and how awesome it was because I'd read it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

explosivo posted:

I picked up Godus from the Humble store today, the Yogscast guys did a video with Peter Molyneux which got me interested in it. He seems like a pretty cool guy, the commentary track in game with him is pretty neat too. The game seems okay so far, but I'm not crazy about the voyages because my guys keep glitching out and getting stuck in an area, then once I fail so many times I apparently need to wait 20 real time minutes to get more people or spend gems to reinforce right away. Then if you don't have the gems it links you to the in-game store to buy some which doesn't exist in the PC version so it's just a blank page :v:

At this point if you buy a Molyneux product and are unhappy with the result, the blame lies solely on you. It's a scorpion and the frog thing. You knew what he was like before you let him ride on your back, you've no one to blame but yourself when you end up drowning.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I thought it was supposed to evoke Star Trek fans. I know it did for me.

Or, y'know, DF for Double Fine?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Apologize for nothing, keep doing it :allears:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

For people who hate clicking through

$1
The Cat Lady
Defender's Quest
Lilly Looking Through
Ms. Splosion Man

$6+
Long Live the Queen
The Yawhg

$10+
Valdis Story (lol)

Also if you pledge to this you will probably make the internet angry since it supports a womens charity. which i'm all about

Aw Valdis Story isn't too bad, don't laugh. ;(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Deuterious posted:

What's CSTW?

I probably know but I'm drawing a blank.

Cthulhu Saves The World.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

Resident Evil 6 is a fun game, and if you don't like it, you deserve to die, for disagreeing with me about a videogame.

I can't stand to read your posts now that they aren't in the form of a manga. :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

iastudent posted:

For a moment I thought this meant Deadpool was back on Steam, only to have my hopes dashed. :argh:

:agreed:, what a jerk! :argh:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

On the other hand, that game looks rad as gently caress. :black101:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I noticed that Dark Souls II was on sale on the Namco website. It says the Steam key has a shipping speed. Is this just a key or they sending me a little slip of paper with it scrawled on it in crayon or what?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Hi Steam Thread. Haven't kept up much since the hard drive with all my Steam stuff died, so, y'know, haven't been playing much. But the allure of a brand new Steam sale has me back, plus my new hard drive is ready to be installed.
How's Dungeon of the Endless? :3:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

What is the program that is best for using a PS3 controller on the PC? It's not BetterDS3, I don't think. Unless it is??

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Guys what was that Steam game that's kind of like Wizardry and is hard and I think the thread mentioned a horse.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Yessss thank you

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Awesome! posted:

goddamnit carpe fulgur putting your poo poo on sale immediately after the winter sale for cheaper is a dick move

I thought it was the same price?? They said it would be on sale from the Winter Sale to beyond.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Oh dear. I had a message that I couldn't check (it kept erroring) until today. And it was someone I thought was from here, but when I clicked it it took me to a red site that said it wasn't an official Steam page or SOMETHING and now I'm freaking out help me guys :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Croccers posted:

Change yo passwords dawg, just to be safe.

I did.

This is gonna sound crazy, but even though it seemed like Chrome blocked that link, is there any way it could have...taken an item from my inventory? I could have sworn I had a copy of Brutal Legend in there...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Awesome! posted:

that does sound pretty crazy. if something/one nefarious got access to your inventory it would probably be completely cleaned out rather than missing one random thing

check your trade/gift histories just to be sure

I did, and it's not there. I feel like I'm going crazy though. I'm almost certain I had Brutal Legend, because I made a post on the Steam Game Trading thread with what I had, noticed I had Brutal Legend, and then edited the post. But it's not there. Maybe it was never there. Maybe I need more sleep.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

IIRC Witcher 1 uses a (heavily modified) Neverwinter Nights engine, so "somewhat janky" might be an understatement.

This is correct, which makes what it does even more impressive, honestly.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Enjoy someone maybe!

Knights of Pen and Paper + 1 Edition Steam Key: 7MT0D-CWX5I-7Z7QG

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

kalstrams posted:

What do you have now?

An old computer.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey key: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=bPMP***cFfN8FS7r Hopefully you don't allow the poor mudokons to simply FRY

Speaking of which, where the hell is the New and Tasty version??

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

For some reason it just reminds me of one of my favorite boss designs ever:

Needs the music to go along with it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Sorry to break up the Hatchat or whatever but I was wondering if Cities XXL was that city making game that looks like it was SimCity Done Right I remember reading about a game like that but don't know if thats it

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

tehsid posted:

All the Cities X** games are poo poo. Aside from Sim City 4 + expansions, we're still waiting for a 'good one'.

Markgreyam helpfully mentioned the game I was thinking of, which was http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

Fakedit p- Hahaha the videos are basically all catty asides about SimCity.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 15, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I Am Frick posted:

With all of this discussion about Saints... Gat Out Of Hell is $5 on GameStop as a digital download (you get a Steam key).

If you scroll up a little bit you'll find exactly what started the Saints conversation in the first place. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

pentyne posted:

Is there backlash on the steam forums/reddit about Hatred. I expect someone will write a professional review for the sake of "This game's only selling point is its offensiveness, and there's nothing else to it, do not encourage or fund these literal neo-nazis."

I haven't really heard much about Hatred other than the pulled from greenlight/put back on thing and the XTRREEEME violence, but is it really made by actual neo-Nazis? :stare:

• Locked thread