Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

astral posted:

I'm talking about the forum search where you can punch in search terms and the thread ID to search the entire thread for something (or, with some form of SALR, the handy in-thread box). I can't speak for other people, but I've often punched in the name of a game I've never heard of or only vaguely remember being mentioned to look back on what people said about it.

That search has been broken for awhile, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Rookersh posted:

Yeah they took all the good things about 1 and removed them, then made the bad things worse.

I say this as someone who really enjoyed 1! It's a bad game.

I wish they'd backport the 'skip all QTEs' feature of LoS 2. I enjoyed the first game until I got to the QTE-rich Colossus boss.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Gort posted:

What DLC is worth it? I'm only really interested in more story and not in extra weapons/cars/clothes.

Skip Year of the Snake if you're in it for the story/fun. It takes the awesome Jon Woo/gangster vibe the main story has and shits all over it. You spend 90% of the dlc following orders and handcuffing.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Are there any missable secrets/characters in VC?

Also, Insurgency (3 keys):
https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=MXqhySsS8zneFRUk

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

If I loved Shining Force, FFT, and Tactics Ogre, is the Banner Saga worth buying for 5bux? I know it's got the issues, but if the combat system is deep and fun, I'd be fine.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

That sounds terrible.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Is there a coupon begging/trading thread?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I don't get why DF gets so much love. The last real project they released was in 2005, and everything since then has either been either tiny or a muddled mess that makes Alpha Protocol look like the pinnacle of game development.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

hemale in pain posted:

They've got one serious boner for Gone Home Monster Girl Pedo Rape Simulator 2014

efb

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Is idle master broken for anyone else? I can't seem to generate cards when I use it for 3 hours, but I'll consistently get cards when I play games for 20 minutes.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

How fun is Wizardry 8 for someone who loved Legend of Grimrock and Might and Magic X Legacy? I love dungeon crawlers but I also love having modern features.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

If I lost interest in Assassin's Creed 2 halfway through the game, is it worth picking up Assassin's Creed 4?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Max Wilco posted:

Has anyone played Knights of Pen & Paper? I was looking at it earlier on the Humble Store, but I found that it's also on Google Play for the same price (about $2.50). I figured if I was going to play it, I'd get the mobile version. Is there anything I should know about the game or any reason to steer clear or it?

It's a great game to play on the toilet.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Everblight posted:

On the one hand, FFVII has a bunch of really, really hacky writing and a deep misunderstanding of how people relate to each other, with a healthy dollop of sitcom-style "well if you'd just say that out loud this whole mess coulda been avoided." On the other hand, they use at least 4 distinct character models for each character (world, battle, pixel cutscene, the one full anime cutscene just before breaking out of Shinra HQ) so they lack a cohesive style guide.

That's actually two hands full of bad things, plus this touching moment where Tifa subtly hints she's fighting for Cloud as well as alongside him, where... well...

Their reach exceeded their grasp, is what I'm saying.

IIRC there's a mod that replaces all of the poo poo character models with their hi-rez in battle versions. I haven't played it, but if you're on PC you owe yourself to play with that mod. The blocky OOC models have no redeeming factors.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Ittle Dew is worth the $1 alone, especially if it comes with the mobile version bundled.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

a friendly reminder to all you out there to update your wishlists, especially if you want games that have been in bundles. I've got a lot of spare keys and a little christmas spirit.

also people give you awesome games like Pyrite Heart:

I <3 short shorts with manly bulges

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 25, 2014

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Everblight posted:

So I got Hatoful Boyfriend because I actually liked Long Live the Queen and, uh...

I went to the Infirmary to find my friend...

There was a festival at the school field...

My first day working at the coffee shop...

Walking home from the coffee shop...

:ohdear:

Despite its unending weirdness, I can't get into this game, mostly because there isn't much "game" there. You just keep clicking and events happen. There isn't really a narrative throughline or story to follow, so you just make choices moment to moment, and they don't seem to build on each other.

Yeah, I got the same impression. The gameplay/storyline is nonexistent, and as much as I like the idea of the game, I'm finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to keep playing. It's a loose mis-mash of references and parodies that the developers thought were funny.

Maybe it's funnier/more enjoyable for people who have actually played dating sims.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Freak Futanari posted:

Hatoful Boyfriend goes from "amusing gimmick game" to "legitimately really good" the moment you get on the true route, and it's sad that a lot of people don't seem to bother with getting there.

It's because you have to beat all the other 'main' paths to unlock it.. And I find them gimmicky for the most part (aside from Okasan, and that's probably because I've been craving pudding for weeks).

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Towerfall Ascension, it's a great 4-player smash-esque game.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

which goon does the terrible game playthroughs?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

why are rage comics allowed and not manga maker posts

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Mine is just depressing:

What am I doing with my life...

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Palpek posted:

There should be a thread for exclusively discussing anime games on Steam without the hate.

You'd have to take it into ADTRW.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Palpek posted:

This year's actually good Assassin's Creed - Rogue is coming to PC on March 10th.

It's basically Black Flag 1.5 with polished gameplay, more focused hand-crafted world and every mechanic expanded upon.

Did they revamp combat to actually be fun? I really want to like the AssCreed games, but the combat has always been awkward and floaty.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

This argument comes up every time FO3 or NV is mentioned and nothing changes. Stop wasting your posts.

All I want for Fallout 4 is Far Cry's shooting in a Bethesda built world balanced and written by Obsidian.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

poptart_fairy posted:

I had similar with Shadowrun. People fall over themselves to praise its writing, but the game just seems to be fall of the usual stereotypes backed up by a ton of prose. The good hearted hooker, the bad rear end cyborg mercenary, the vaguely foreign Mistress that speaks two languages in the same sentence, etc etc etc. Granted I haven't played the expansion - maybe that's what people are getting boners over?

The original campaign had horrendous writing, it felt like playing a sourcebook. I couldn't help but cringe every time the Mistress spoke.

Dragonfall had BG2 caliber writing.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Wasteland 2 is great if you're a fan of pre-VGA CRPGs. Otherwise I'd skip it. The story is uninteresting, combat is a bore, and the skills system is needlessly complex.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I picked up Hitman Absolution as part of the weekly bundle and I'm finding it really frustrating-- mainly that the game penalizes you for killing enemies that aren't your target (even when said enemies are part of a villanous strike team sent to kill you). It has some other major issues: it's extremely linear, half the stages are of you evading people instead of assassinating them, the story is cliche stewed garbage, and the save system is borderline useless (checkpoints that reset when you quit the game!).

What stealth games are there on Steam that DON'T penalize you for murdering everyone? I thinking of games like Tenchu 3, Dishonored, or DXHR - where killing is an option but isn't discouraged at all.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 28, 2015

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

sauer kraut posted:

How does it penalize you for killing people, does the psycho rating or whatever you get at the end hurt your feelings?

Rating = XP for gaining skills, and yes, the basic psychological effect of it makes the game less fun. I enjoy playing games where I can assassinate everyone on the stage, and having a constant deluge of negative points added to my score takes away from that enjoyment.

quote:

And Contracts had no plot at all.

No plot would be an improvement for absolution.

VV That requires an established place nearby, in later missions the amount of bodies far exceeds that of the amount of crates and closets that the developers chose to place. It's particularly egregious for the missions where you're dealing with kill teams. It doesn't make any sense story-wise that hiding bodies would be important, but the game punishes you anyways.

It'd be better if there were no penalty for a silent kill-- just a bonus for hiding bodies. It'd accomplish the same thing, but it wouldn't take away from the fun of hiding piles and piles of corpses.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 28, 2015

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

sauer kraut posted:

Absolution was whored out for 3.99 then dumped on humble bundle tier 1, why are we even talking about it anymore.

to spite you

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Meowbot posted:

I dont believe it can tt make you sicki until I try it. I am blind in onee eye and have a REAL hard time being in any movement object. I once went to the "worlds of fun" in st louie missouri in missouri and when I went there I went on the ride that I told my girlfriend at the time "Hay listen here I need to tell you I get real fckin sick on this shits" and we went ont he gravitron and this negro got stuck to the wall sideays and his hoody was sflapping in the wind and a bunch of everyone was laughign at him the whole time.

After that the ride we went on you had to sit on a persons lap (I dont know if this is legal if you were not in a relationship with this person becuz i got a bonar on her :ohdear:) and it spun REALLY fast and I was like gently caress this and was all wobbling arund like a gay cow afterwards. Then she was like hey loook at a rollercoaster! I was like oh its just a rolelr coast how bad could this be? We got on the rolelr coaster and everyt hing was absolutely fine and I was like hey whee this is fun and then bam the mother gently caress stops dead in its tracks. I look at her and she winks a tme and the THING GOES backwards!! I scream like a sissy watching uncle jesse and the rippers on an episode of full house and everyone is cheering and for a brief mom ent I think I might die here from nauseation. This reminds me of when I went whale watching and when I start to throw up other people start to throw upl ol it wasnt looking good...

I disgree the roller coaster was going backwards and I was scared. So scared. Who makes a roller coaster that goes back wards iand why would you do that?? The "roid from hell" fiinally ends and sae smiles at me and goes "AGAIN" and my mouth just fills with a chicken terikyaki from this morning of vomit and sunchips from subway sandwiches and I push like 8 kids out of the gently caress in way while holding m yhand over my mouth and go into the bathroom and stat vomiting endlessly. It was like 10 vomits. The first vomits didnt even make it to the toilet it made it onto my shoes as I ran away forom that hell device.

I get out of the bathroom and she goes "not feel good?" and I lay down on the bench and then for liek the nex t4 hours I laid there and was unable to move i was so sick. My girlrffriend at the time was super hot and she keep coming back and being like "hay lets do another ride lol" and I would just lie there and bitch about how i am too dizzy to try again. LOOKING BAC ON THIS EVENT I think irt ruined our relationship becuz she realized she isnt a good enouhg caretaker for me come back baby I miss u. (ok, maybe it was me not her hah)

Long story short I went on a fwe more rides after that but this girl in missouri she got in a car wrecked and got amenesia and told me she doesnt have a boyfriend. So we arent together.

Another time i was in hawaii and i Had "jet lag" and I got hit by a wave so hard 9in the ocean it made me puke and I had to go into tjhe hotel for the rest of the day while everyone had a lauau and partied. When I Type these stories I realize how I have hosed up myeentire life. :(

edit: sorry at the typos Ive had 8 percocet today I tried to fix it but i am toooo shakey.

Please keep posting.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I am 100% serious keep posting.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

It's Freedom Cry a good stand alone DLC? I had mixed feelings about Black Flag, but I'm willing to ignore them to kill slavers.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I'll be happy to play Hotline Miami 2 after I get it for $1 in a humble bundle. At best, it sounds like more of the first... Which I wouldn't pay >$5 on a good day. I'd rather buy the soundtrack and play the first game.

Also, I'd like to hear from someone who enjoys Assassin's Creed's combat. Because it's always been awkward and janky to me. Give me Batman/Mordor combat or give me Revengeance. Not poorly timed counter bullshit dictated by longass boring animations.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

cool gifs. worthless without explanation.

VV which HLM are they? What's the context in which they occur in? Is this a rare instance or a common one?

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 21, 2015

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

The worst thing about Eternity is that the highlight interactive objects button won't toggle

It's a separate command. I bound it and pause to mouse 4 & 5 and now I can play with just the mouse.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Please elaborate

Go to the controls/keybinds in options, and toggle interactables should be right under the highlight command. I think it's unbound by default.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 29, 2015

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Have patches fixed all the problems with Hotline Miami 2 yet? Watching the new season of Danger 5 has me hankering for some more delicious 80s action.

Kanfy posted:

Their problem isn't that they have bad QA, it's that they almost exclusively make big and complex games with a lot of potential for things to go wrong.

I'd have to go with this... What open world RPG shipped without a shitload of bugs?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Megabound posted:

The Titan Souls demo has been released, it's super fun.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297130

It cribs nothing but boss fights from Shadow of the Colossus with challenging but fair combat. Looking forward to the full release in a week and a half much more now.

The whole one mistake = start from beginning of game turned me off of it instantly. If I'm spending more time doing corpse runs than actually fighting bosses I'm not going to buy your game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

You can take more than one hit from a DS boss before you die. How it's currently tuned is more like Super Meat Boy without the instantaneous return to start. It's a shame, because a game full of nothing but Ys/Zelda style boss battles would be right up my alley.

• Locked thread