Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

colbylol posted:

ive had my thinkpad x220 with win 7 for like 4-5 years now not a single problem
it came out in 2011 have you been traveling at a significant fraction of c since then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Bloody posted:

that would time travel in the wrong direction idiot
oh sorry i meant "have you been at a significant distance from bloody's gravitational field since then?"

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i previously would get 65mbps on speed test dot net and i got an email from cocks saying that they doubled my speed for free. i now get 91mbps but the switch ports on my modem/router are only 10/100. is 91mbps the real speed i'm getting from cox or is that the most i can expect from a 10/100 port and i should buy a new modem with gigabit ports to take advantage of it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lease the modem from them for a month or two until they fix their poo poo then return it and plug yours back in
every time i've swapped a modem i had to call cocks and tell them the mac before it would work. fortunately cocks has great customer service and the whole ordeal takes 5 minutes

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

all she'll have to do is turn it on and hit the little safari browser icon and boom that's pretty much it

lampey posted:

get a chromebook

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

they're good except for the screens. don't get one with an arm processor

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

a chromebook is cheap and hard for retards to gently caress up

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i'll bet you use a tn monitor on your desktop too, scrub

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i have some of those mag lev fans and they only sound they make is the blades hitting the air

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

lol

maybe try disabling rapid and see if that helps. no idea if it will but sarnsung is bad at softwares

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

still leagues better than the godawful bracket on those old AMD chips you had to lever down with a goddamn flathead
those owned and it was easy to tell that you had it on right

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Granbar posted:

hmmm..... this might not be the worst idea ever, actually

which distro is lightweight and good for netflix/browsing/spotify
chromeos

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

move to a house

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Oh, forgot to mention I sinfully cohabitate with a woman who very much cares about what things look like, and even conduit along the wall is out. Otherwise I totes would have done it already.
are you talking about conduit or raceway? conduit is hella ugly but you can get baseboard/crown molding raceway that won't look hosed up

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i have a nas4free box on a toaster-sized hp microserver n54l that is very needs suiting

i think hp caught on though because the n54l is now like $400 when i bought mine new for $250 in 2013
i was just going to recommend the same thing. i got it in 2013 for $220 and that included a usb 3 external enclosure, usb 3 card and a 250gb drive

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTr3ho0X-A

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

du -hast posted:

why do like 50% of the ads on teh forums now go to aggro.gator or whatever the gently caress, not that i am a scrub and click ads b/c i am not a gay retard (wlel not gay anyway), but still dang
drew prob. gets a discount on them since he is a front page writer. or maybe that's how he's paid lol

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

do Seagate external hard drives still fall apart? Amazon has a 5tb external Seagate on sale for $129 and a 4tb WD for $131. I know their reputation is not for reliability and the last Seagate I had died within 6 months taking my vast collection of Linux ISOs with it, but I also know WD puts lovely drives in their external boxes too.
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

anthonypants posted:

lol just make sure you get an sata m.2 slot instead of a pcie m.2 slot because the latter aren't really made or supported well
that's dumb. if you're going to throttle yourself to sata speeds why bother with m.2 at all

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

https://sponsor.ajay.app

incredibly valuable addon
i use this and now i only hear the awkward sponsorship segues instead of the actual skillshare/brilliant ads. it also cuts out the annoyingly loud intros on hydraulic press channel

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

turns out it's micro usb like a phone charger
do you use an android phone from 2014?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

okay this one has me stumped

i got a sarnsung chomebook that i use as a tv. today i started seeing a bunch (i guess?) of videos with MASSIVE CONSTANT ARTIFACTING and other assorted hardcore MPEG decode errors
my pixelbook was still on the old version, i was able to watch the pbs spacetime video normally both before and after updating. sorry about your sarnsung

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

aren't there cards that can take multiple m.2 drives and raid them for you in hardware? what's the advantage of using two slots

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

is there a good rackmount NAS (1u or 2u) that takes m.2 drives

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i only need ~2tb of storage so i just wanted something fast as possible but i guess it makes sense to go with sata for now

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

my work machine's dock solves the power problem this way

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

dell solves the power problem by just sending 160+ watts on a single usb-c cable
i'm using a dell precision 7670 with a dell wd19dcs. it will complain about not at full power if i just connect one of the cables or the single cable from the wd19s they also sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i would think only two of the pins are metal on either, and depressing the switch would close the circuit. use a continuity tester on the old switches to see if they're even broken