Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

when i had a wrt54 i remember you could put it in bridge mode. or buy another wireless thing that you can use as a bridge and then plug the work router into that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

abraham linkedin posted:

i'm having an issue where my freebsd box using zfs reports my entire zpool to my monitoring server, but zfs on linux only shows /dev/shm and /sys/fs/cgroup

anybody know why this might be?

there's 0 details in there so no. are you using a monitoring client template for bsd and it's expecting something linux doesn't have? root privileges? you didn't mention your root fs so is that working or is the entire thing on zfs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/2410

maybe this is your problem

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

my keyboard is finally dying

what do I buy for a pro gay ming keyboard

type heaven

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

if i call frontier and threaten to cancel can i bully the rep into giving me a "new customer" discount for staying, or do they have like zero power to offer any incentives to keep customers

figure out if you have an option to switch to and look up their new customer discount

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i can touch type symbols but not the numbers

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

abraham linkedin posted:

how so? because the DRAC was complaining "power exceeds capacity"

they are redundant not parallel. maybe you need a card that does staggered spin up and it's a crapshoot when you turn the computer on

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

abraham linkedin posted:

i'm honestly thinking it's wattage, since i pulled the additional 32GB of memory i installed and the DRAC never complained across several reboots, but as soon as i installed the modules again it started bitching

yeah but i mean, 6 hard drives is like 150w right at startup

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

prefect posted:

i'm going to be moving my computer into a room where there's a light switch that controls the power outlet, so i just need to make sure i don't accidentally ruin everything

the kitchen?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rewiring the switch is free

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

european lightswitches have appropriate, not the maximal possible, electrical tolerance

how badly can europeans gently caress up a light switch, lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

what do they do for garbage disposals in latvia

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Turqqj9gakI

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

echinopsis posted:

but maybe doesn't safely switch a 2400w benchtop oven?

you couldn't plug it into a regular outlet anyways, you need 20 amp wiring

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

industrial stuff can be 120/277v like that one fishmech posted

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-3032-2W-Toggle-Double-Pole-Grounding/dp/B002MPPTBQ/

8 kw

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

other american thing: have a ceiling fan in every room of the house

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajmgKKsXWtM

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ceiling fans are not a thing here either, as you might imagine

speaking of ceiling lights, btw, do you guys do like swedes do, where they have a funny lighting outlet around ceiling that you plug your light in?

they just do like this

regular ceiling lights/fans get mounted into a box that's in the ceiling

probably the closest thing to plugging something into the ceiling is for projectors

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fishmech posted:

one of the weird candle bulbs being burnt out but no one bothered to replace it is so typical

"you cant buy the good bulbs anymore" - my dad

speaking of, do old farts in sweden and latvia or wherever still want their incandescents back

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Maximum Leader posted:

why would you want a fan for the winter

ceiling fans have a switch on them somewhere and when you flip it the fan runs backwards so it pushes the hot air off the ceiling

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i've had problems with autonegotiation between routers that forced the speed down to 10mb. i think you can gently caress up a few pairs too and have it drop down but only to 100mb

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ator posted:

im having a bitch of a time getting spacemacs to work as a decent c++ ide

current stupid problem: cant figure out how to get emacs to insert a tab when i hit enter, instead of inserting two spaces

indent-tabs-mode = t
evil-shift-width = 4
tab-width = 4

i tried messing with evil-indent-convert-tabs but that didnt seem to change anything

how can i get spacemacs to properly indent with tabs???

edit: if i call (c-set-style "stroustrup") then it no longer inserts 2 spaces, and instead doesnt indent at all

indentation is annoying to get working in emacs. https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CPlusPlusMode#toc2 has some more knobs you can touch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

why dont you get a mac with the touch strip

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Is there a recovery partition.I think Dell has recovery media on their site too

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dells have a nice sd card slot and you dont whack the usb drive with your leg or whatever. but yeah they dont really work right like mass storage on phones

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

in hgih school i had a q6600

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ip forwarding maybe. I'm on my phone but just Google it plus Linux

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

you're supposed to set up an arp proxy or something but gently caress if I know how that works

is there a guide for this somewhere that you are following? maybe you have to add routing rules

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe you need nat

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe its set to have a center channel, eg 5.1, and you don't

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dmesg shows edid crap for me

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

seasonic makes industrial psus

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it looks like the seasonic industrial atx psus don't give a temperature range, but the atx spec says 50C

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i dont know how far you are into purchasing things but they make motherboards that have a dc jack and you don't have to fool with all the atx voltages, and the seasonic industrial single voltage psus list 70C for a high temperature

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

wap randomly scrambled the wifi password... latvia not very strong right now. also found out someone pressed the wifi button on the main router and turned that off too

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mikrotik stuff is made in latvia

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you can read the mikrotik thread in shsc and it's a constant stream of them breaking crap and having ridiculous changelogs, although they changed to having stable/unstable/dev release branches now so it's a little better

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you go faster when the air is warmer

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a while back i fixed my spontaneous rebooting issue by fully seating my modular psu connections. my weak wrists didnt get the atx cable to fully click in the first time.

maybe some contact cleaner if you aren't poor enough for $8 or whatever it costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

prefect posted:

nobody's paying for that. guys give it away for free

i remember the tv series about the guy with a massive weiner