Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah my problem is intermittent 3b blue screens which may be related to vid card? idk thanks to SSD and boot up times I don't really care because it doesn't happen like during something but after oh well gently caress life get money drink meth addicts piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eric posted:

I need an ISA ethernet card.

ugh at old cnc job the machine talked via a ISA card and the pc could never run an NT based windows because software needed totalk to card directly lol fuckin die

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
2degrees suits my rear end

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

where's the thread about fractals? i swear rotor made it, but i can't find it now

the mandlebrot is worthless thread? it was my creation

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650595

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

oh thanks & weird i thought i did a search on like 6 pages for mandelbrot oh wait it's spelt wrong that's why :xd:

tank u

oh poo poo its el not le. fuckin french vs the mexicans again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its called vendor lock-in

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ownage solution involves low cost and ghetto rigging

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whic irl makes you look fuckin spastic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

we have an accord echopenis

we have an odyssey whats your point

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is the universe on a grid and would we even know i mean there is that world-smallest-distance and that dude also snagged worls shortest time and something else. hoggin all the small poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

my brain doesn't like the thought that the planck time means that there actually are "frames" in the movie that is our life, as opposed to a continual flow

placnk length doesnt mean something cant be smaller than it but that its physically impossible (a physical, not a technological limitiation) to measure anyu kind of smaller distance, so any smaller distance is meaningless. perhaps time is like that?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or the length of time you can stand penetration before you ejaculate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody posted:

what the gently caress are optical drives for

writing a cd so ur kids can play it on the stereo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

anyone know a good place online that talks about programming the physics of an object with a force applied to it, taking into gravity into consideration, acceleration and deceleration in a 2D environment? nothing complex about the environment or the object needs to be taken into consideration. the object will just be a ball and when it hits something it explodes or i'll figure out how it will deflect if i ever need that. just real simple where something like a cannon would be shooting it out at any angle

did you do that kind of physics at uni or whatever? if u didn't you can't really skip some of that stuff you gotta put in the yards

that said you're looking at the easy end of the scale. high school level poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
x and y are separate just derive the components from the angle and keep a constant x and y goes up but gravity is a force that accelerates it downward [y vel = y vel - 10 every second]

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i got 4 ram slots and 2 of them have 4gb cards and i am thinking of adding in 8gb and for that just snagging a single 8gb so is it bad to mix sizes? i mean i know it'll work but

also the book told me to put the 2x 4gb, one each in slot 1 and 3. what would be best config for 4+4+8

e: i know having 4x4 at the end of that day would be fastest but i might want to add even more later

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

try not to do this

why? is it a bad idea or just not a good idea

i dont want to spend the money on 2x8gb cards. 2x4gb would be better i agree but significantly more money i think

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm

so if i got two more 4gb cards would matching speed be sufficent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe. this unreal engine is using at least 5gb and it might use more soon? i dint know how to work out if i am "running out of ram" as such

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
on windows a "page fault" is where the appl needs to page itself because of memoryu issue?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

hi app is a registered trademark of apple corporation please refrain from referring to applications for windows operating systems using that term

what about appz

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok so I'm getting revved up about my game and I want to make a website about it. I am a budget mother fucke
I see amazon offer a year free with their cloud thing and it has prolly enough data for me

and thought about using Wordpress to run the blog and jus a couple of links up the top to download maybe

terrible idea or atrocious idea? or

either way would I have to fork out for a website name? what's the best place to get those

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hahah how much free hostin on GitHub? how does that work?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

i dont really know what they will allow traffic wise but u can put a shitload of static pages up there no problem, just do ur images on imgur or something if u want but u can also put them in git. took a bit of farting around to get the domain working but prett ypainless otherwise https://pages.github.com/

hey that looks ok but what the gently caress is git other than a derogotory term for an old dude

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i7 vs Xeon? word is you can get same grunt for less $$ with Xeon coz no built in graphics or that kind of poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress oh wtlp I heard they were cheaper at least high up theaddet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok cool neat I'll take your word for it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish mate I don't want to spend that cash I don't even know if it's worth replacing my 4690 i5 with 4790 i7 although like 30% more performance maybe so may worthy it!??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bbuubtut aaacording to cpu benchamark websoite/......

im a game developer now. those thread smay make a differ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im talking about bringing 10 second compiles down to 8 to speed up my work flow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squinty Applebottom posted:

lol you're a hippie burnout in nz what workflow do you have

:eyepop: dude I wish I was a burned out hippie. I've kids and mortgage I don't have hippy freedoms :qq: I have to shower daily gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i was thinking about waiting for breadwell at least was the sensible idea

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

like i have an old rear end amd quad core and some archaic at this pt gfx cards yet i can run bf4 just fine, it is suitng my needs. buying new stuff right now is juts a waste because it isnt much better

i had amd quaad core and now the best non-overcloackble i5 :smug: but really its nicer (although ssd was biggere diference) but this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

buy a 5c while you still can

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

5c is for poors

the price difference is minimal. its for the financially responsible

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know if smythe and prefect are the same person

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm should I upgrade pc to be quieter????!!!!!!!?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah here's some deets

“Hello, I‘m definitely not calling from India. Can I take control of your PC?”
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/hello-im-definitely-not-calling-from-india-can-i-take-control-of-your-pc/

"I am calling you from Windows": A tech support scammer dials Ars Technica
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/i-am-calling-you-from-windows-a-tech-support-scammer-dials-ars-technica/

Troy Hunt: Interview with the man behind Comantra, the “cold call virus scammers”
http://www.troyhunt.com/2012/05/interview-with-man-behind-comantra-cold.html

I just lie to them now and say I dot believe in computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

is the "magic trackpad" any good? i need some kind of additional pointing device for my macbook pro

I just got an intuous pen and touch and it's multi gesture like magic pad but also has pen for drawing and maybe similar price???????!??!