Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

all i did was log into the website and i could get files just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

use a good random password and a password manager, it's not that hard

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

oh are you talking about the "private encryption key" which is just a second password? are you basically saying "i don't trust them with one password, but i trust them with two passwords because,"

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

no, for crashplan it looks like they only store the ciphertext and don't have the key at all. at the highest setting, you are responsible for it, and if you lose it ur fukd, but the flip side is they don't have it when they get hacked either

it looks like backblaze says the same thing though? i'm confused about what the issue is

honestly they're not that different, my understanding is that backblaze has a better client and doesn't cap your upload, but crashplan also backs up network drives so if you have a home nas, you have the option to back that up

any online backup is better than nothing so just get going!!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

nigga crab pollock posted:

well amberpos makes it flip its god damned poo poo so merry christmas folks

i guess it uses temporal dithering but i didnt know that until it flipped its poo poo so well gently caress me right

in it, voted 5

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

spankmeister posted:

take it apart and look for leaking caps

but yeah this is probably it

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

obstipator posted:

im doing some poo poo telnetting into devices and running commands programmatically. is there a correct way to know when the response has been fully sent? right now i just check for the shell prompt string and assume its done sending output at that point, but a lotof these devices just use "#" for shell prompt, which has been coming up a lot in the response outputs from the commands im running, giving false positives

i might be misunderstanding what you mean but i know && is a thing you can do that says "execute this command after the previous command completes successfully" like

code:
# sudo rm -rf / && echo "cya later syslords"

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

if you're at the # prompt you don't need sudo :goonsay:

:flipoff:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

DuckConference posted:

just having their main home be my butt

text me

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

the word "balun" might help you google

and "plenum" maybe

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

is there a relatively straightforward way to take photos from my iphone 7 to my windows 10 pc if and only if they are not in album (both the system ones like favorites and the albums i've made) and then delete them from my phone?

i have backblaze on my pc and i'm running out of phone storage

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

President Beep posted:

idk but maybe something via itunes?

i was thinking about this, but i wasn't sure if it would let me define rules for syncing like that

Jonny 290 posted:

i actually use lightroom to organize my phone pics. big fan of the creative collection here

i have too many to "organize" at this point

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

or a humidifier, which will also help your skin and respiratory system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

someone in SH/SC is having the same issue, must be a youtube change. I wonder if google people are even allowed to test on firefox

iirc they make it worse on purpose. idk if this is still true, but once upon a time spoofing the user agent to mimic chrome made youtube and other google sites actually work properly in firefox