Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WetNightmare

by sebmojo
the south had less soldiers and factories and inferior railways but do you believe the south would have won with the aide of a single robocop? with two robocops? please explain why or why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i would like to think robocop would eventually be won over by abolitionist rhetoric and choose to fight for the north

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
yes but we already know the north would have won with a robocop so

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

does this robocop have the jetpack upgrade

Looke

there was no electricity so robocop wouldn't be able to charge his iphone so he would refuse to fight

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

this is true robocop requires a significant infrastructure to be operational and we already know that to be a weakness of the south

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
correct me if i am wrong but i think all robocop has to do is walk a path straight to Washington DC so the question is does Confederate Robocop™ have enough battery life for that journey

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

as best as i could tell robocop needs to recharge almost nightly so i'm skeptical he could make the trip with or without a jetpack

Looke

Bo-Pepper posted:

as best as i could tell robocop needs to recharge almost nightly so i'm skeptical he could make the trip with or without a jetpack

:agreed:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i don't think you've thought this robocop through

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

he would be a very effective slave master though

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

DEAD OR ALIVE YOUR NAME IS TOBY

Looke

he reaches down to his leg the hidden compartment slides open and out comes a metallic electrified whip

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

Bo-Pepper posted:

he would be a very effective slave master though

thats what cops are :ssh:

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
what if they turned robocop off and transported him to Washington DC then activated him there?

Diqnol

Slavery is pretty good I say. Hell, Robocop had some. Are you better than Robocop?

cruft

Maybe they would have risen again by now.

Looke

WetNightmare posted:

what if they turned robocop off and transported him to Washington DC then activated him there?

he'd have a pretty good chance of winning if that was the case imo

joke_explainer

it depends on a lot of things...

1) Is this robocop displaced from future detroit, or a different robocop built with civil war technology?

2) Does he have a full history of the civil war available, or are the events of the war unknown to him?

3) How long can robocop survive without special robocop baby food? What about robocop maintenance?

4) What kind of transportation does he have? If he's just walking, that would be pretty slow, if he's with the rest of the troops, or, if he has his cruiser... Not sure. Cruiser probably couldn't make it very far in the terrain.

5) Can he become a confederate agent at any given time? If so, he could probably pull a Terminator on Nancy Lincoln or something and work from there.

I had no idea robocop was so fervently in support of the confederate traitors to begin with tho. Shocking really.

joke_explainer

WetNightmare posted:

yes but we already know the north would have won with a robocop so

what if their strategies became too robocop centric and they ended up losing ... or the soldiers are distracted by too much :roboluv:

makes you worry about altering history... I don't think BYOB should do this robocop thing

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Dennis Rasmussen posted:

what if their strategies became too robocop centric and they ended up losing ... or the soldiers are distracted by too much :roboluv:

makes you worry about altering history... I don't think BYOB should do this robocop thing

this is true

Lee was known for his superior mobility and tactics a skill that would shine if the north based everything on the admittedly slow robocop makes you think

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
to be clear we are talking about a robocop displaced from future detroit who does not have a full history of the civil war available with unknown transportion and unknown amount of days until starvation from lack of robocop baby food who cannot become any confederate agent at any time

i am thinking maybe the south could trojan horse robocop in via a ship and make robocop look like a gift from france then when they turn it on its au revoir yanks

alnilam

WetNightmare posted:

to be clear we are talking about a robocop displaced from future detroit who does not have a full history of the civil war available with unknown transportion and unknown amount of days until starvation from lack of robocop baby food who cannot become any confederate agent at any time

i am thinking maybe the south could trojan horse robocop in via a ship and make robocop look like a gift from france then when they turn it on its au revoir yanks

lol "au revoir" classic france joke

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i feel like you're really tailoring this situation to robocop's advantage op

Flynn Taggart

Was robocop baby food in the new movie

Also my phone wants to autocorrect "robocop" to "too cool" so he has that in his favor

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

robocop ate nothing in the new movie because he was lungs a head and a heart

joke_explainer

Bo-Pepper posted:

robocop ate nothing in the new movie because he was lungs a head and a heart

ohhh man I forgot how jacked up he was. Lmao that was pretty weird. Yeah, can't eat food without an esphagus. He still had a mouth though. How come he wasn't spitting more? He couldn't swallow spit so he'd have to like, spit all the time.

The X-man cometh
If Robocop showed up in the civil war, Sherman would just throw 5000 raw Irish draftees at him, and they'd overcome him by sheer numbers. Robocop would run out of modern bullets for his pistols by the 15th guy.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
ammo. very good point i'll buy that. robocop would probably not change the tide of the civil wide. thanks byob

ron color
there would be a sequence of him adapting civil war technology, hed make like a horse rocket or a steam powered dune buggy

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
the south is confronted w a dire problem, their unstoppable war machine is out of future bullets

but they cant reverse engineer cartridge based technology and start a fledgling industrial center bc none of them know words that long

vapoursquid

none other
robocop was sent by skynet to the past to change history

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

ron color posted:

there would be a sequence of him adapting civil war technology, hed make like a horse rocket or a steam powered dune buggy

the guy in the suit was just some guy tho, he wasnt a inventor or anything

hemale in pain

would the nazis win ww2 if they had ED-209

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
robocop tries to make futuristic flying death bot out of wagon wheels, dowels

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
the townsfolk pretend to be afraid of it bc the giant steel yankee seems v proud of it

cut to faces of town negos, joyful

vapoursquid

none other
if time travel is possible shouldn't their be time travelers here today

hemale in pain

vapoursquid posted:

if time travel is possible shouldn't their be time travelers here today

there are

vapoursquid

none other

then any poster could be a time traveler

the implications are real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain

could you imagine if robocop timetraveled back to like 5 mins before he timetraveled and then you'd get an infinite loop of robocops

• Locked thread