Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

As the new trad games mod, i will invite Zacarias Smith, gently caress movie maker and skrillex cosplayer to the forums so we can start a dialogue and bring peace to the land. Que seja!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Error 404 posted:

End of an era, but it'll be fun to sass you a bit once you lose your star. :haw:

suddenly struck by horror as i realize i've misunderstood the proper sequence of modhood and sassing all this time

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Winson_Paine posted:

Also these sort of announcements are generally silly, but this place is not huge so I figure it is probably OK. After a little more than two years of modding, I am gonna pass on the star to someone else. It has been fun, but a bunch of stuff is shifting over in my personal life (kid is going into school, I am going back to jobhaving) and also two years seems like plenty to me as far as time served. I will stick around for games and stuff, and stick around until they pick a new mod for the forum, but this is basically a sort of thanks for being a good forum and being fun to be a janitor for for the last couple years.
I request you change your avatar back to the grumpy old troll.

Also, you've been a good mod. Give the keys to someone cool, plz.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Winson_Paine posted:

Also these sort of announcements are generally silly, but this place is not huge so I figure it is probably OK. After a little more than two years of modding, I am gonna pass on the star to someone else. It has been fun, but a bunch of stuff is shifting over in my personal life (kid is going into school, I am going back to jobhaving) and also two years seems like plenty to me as far as time served. I will stick around for games and stuff, and stick around until they pick a new mod for the forum, but this is basically a sort of thanks for being a good forum and being fun to be a janitor for for the last couple years.

You enjoyed it? Huh.

Anyway, great job dealing w/ us.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Aw, I'll miss ya. May I suggest Ettin, Kai Tave, Gazetteer or TurninTrix as a successor? I'd suggest Mikan, too, but... :(

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 31, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Mystic Mongol posted:

You enjoyed it? Huh.

I like TG, I liked helping to make it better, and I liked helping people with their threads and contests and stuff. There is no real point in doing something you don't enjoy.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Davin Valkri posted:

Aw, I'll miss ya. May I suggest Ettin, Kai Tave, Gazetter or TurninTrix as a successor? I'd suggest Mikan, too, but... :(

Suggestions, such as I can give, are IN at this point. I assume the vetting process has BEGUN already.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Davin Valkri posted:

Aw, I'll miss ya. May I suggest Ettin, Kai Tave, Gazetter or TurninTrix as a successor? I'd suggest Mikan, too, but... :(

Have you no mercy? Poor Ettin already has to mod something, modding TG too would drive them insane.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Spincut posted:

Have you no mercy? Poor Ettin already has to mod something, modding TG too would drive them insane.

One head for over there, one head for over here!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Winson_Paine posted:

Yo, you've been a super cool mod with a good sense of humor--which is a rarity in and of itself, nevermind in the tradgame hobby as a whole.

Error 404 posted:

Edit: make Ettin mod, it would make a certain segment of the hobby :psyboom: and it would be glorious.

Oh god yes please it would be the best thing.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
No one could ever replace Winson as TG mod... so no one should.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
NO MODS NO MASTERS.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ferrinus posted:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Mod hpapyelf.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Ferrinus posted:

BRB putting you on the list

ALL HAIL LORD FERRINUS

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Winson_Paine posted:

You're a cool mod with style and grace. Hope you enjoy the transition back to just being a cool poster with style and grace.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Winson_Paine posted:

BRB putting you on the list

ALL HAIL LORD FERRINUS

Look, we all know that the only moral thing to do would be to unprobate, and then mod, Etherwind.

Wilde Jagd
Jan 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Kai Tave posted:

Mod hpapyelf.

We'd have to free him first. Free happyelf.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Attorney at Funk posted:

Look, we all know that the only moral thing to do would be to unprobate, and then mod, Etherwind.

Oh poo poo I change my vote to this, at least do it for a day so we can get screenshots.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Only me and my friend turned rival MOON deserve the star.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Winson_Paine posted:

It's been two years? Wow! You've done well and I'm glad you're sticking around. Next one up has big shoes to fill with regard to probation reasons, among other things.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Thanks for or being a cool mod, Winson.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Winson_Paine posted:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Wilde Jagd posted:

We'd have to free him first. Free happyelf.

No no, just mod him.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I think Happyelf is literally still the most-ignored poster on SA (or at least in the top three), across two separate usernames. Like, both of them are on the list as separate entries.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wilde Jagd posted:

Free happyelf*

* With purchase of any hpapylfe of equal or lesser value.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
What was the deal with happyelf, anyway? I seem to recall seeing him posting around when I started and I guess I never saw what the problem was.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

He was a pretty decent TG poster, it was anywhere else where he was trouble.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

K Prime posted:

When you put it that way yeah, he was kinda like Plutonis is now.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Error 404 posted:

When you put it that way yeah, he was kinda like Plutonis is now.

Holy poo poo.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

K Prime posted:

I vaguely remember him starting a lot of heated arguments and threadshitting here as well

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't imagine anyone riding herd on us doing it any better than Winson.

Also I'm sorry I keep reading your name as "Winston". :(

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

clockworkjoe posted:

I vaguely remember him starting a lot of heated arguments and threadshitting here as well

Here's what you might not remember about happyelf: he's the reason this forum even exists. His argument for it's creation was ignored for years by their brilliant crack team of mods and admins, but has certainly been borne out by the success of the forum, and the entire thing is as he planned for it to be.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Here's what you might not remember about happyelf: he's the reason this forum even exists. His argument for it's creation was ignored for years by their brilliant crack team of mods and admins, but has certainly been borne out by the success of the forum, and the entire thing is as he planned for it to be.

:tinfoil:
Huh. Interesting, definitely was not aware of that.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
He wasn't the elf we deserved, but the elf we needed at the time.

Also goddamn he got up my nose, it always blew my mind when he wasn't being deliberately obtuse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
winson, your timing is uncanny, my friend just conceded our checkers match

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess that thread can rest in peace now

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Is Grover available to take over?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I want it to be Ironicus solely for the sake of symmetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Traditional Games game of the month for September: Wonderful 101

• Locked thread