Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh hi hello didn't see you there, come on in lets have a chat. At 2:00AM Local Time, reports of an explosion and fires were reported at a convention center hosting a Dragon Ball Z con in St John's, Canada. Local authorities originally assumed someone high on DMT tried to recreate a kamehameha with a gascan and and a blacklight but it soon became clear there was more to it then that. After a brief but significant discussion to confirm various reported sightings, a strike team was deployed to the area.

Results were excellent however what was unexpected was the trauma these soldiers would be subjected to. One of our soldiers reported being repeatedly "goatman'd" and the visage of a gaping rear end in a top hat and a man's nutsack being burned into his eyes anytime he looked down his weapon sights. Everytime he looked into the abyss of that man's rear end he would see his own mother. Doctor Vahlen says with intensive psychotherapy, this soldier and others suffering similar issues can be brought back to active duty within about a week's time. But until then we need to make do with others.

We need more good men and women to fight for humanity. Thats why we have come here to the zone. Imp Zone.

Ok whew glad I'm done with that. Post ITT what you want your dude/dudette to look like, what guns you wanna be rocking in combat, that sorta thing. Kazvall gets dibs on whoever got promoted in the first mission he wants to be and so do the first couple of people that posted in the xenonauts thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you guys ever play that game Princess Tomato?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This go around I wish to be Henital Gerpes. A sassy female medic from Venezuela.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ok but I'm still throwing in a Kip Sizzlechest because I have faith in that name

also streaming, I'll starts renaming duders after this mission.
http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, who do you think will be healing Sizzlechest?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
name me the goat and get me to nickname so i can be

the "the goat" goat

so i can have a rivalry with the goatse dude who is reminded of it by my presence

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
I would like to be thrown into the fray.

Preferably with a sniper rifle. And far away from the fray.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh yeah I tried to rename our jets in this one but instead when I hit rename it goes from raven one to FO *insert dumb name* *dumb callsign here* *dumb name again* what the gently caress.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I want in. Also I've not tried long war so do whatever. With blue hair

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Dont care about class or whatever just make me the pole and paint a target on schlong's back

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Okay wait, if possible name me "I crit my pants", instead.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
Give me the biggest gun available

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Covered up to here. Rip Bureau Watts and I Crit My Pants.

Dec 26, 2012

range is for pansies. voting for shotgun here, no preference on appearance

also does long war not have crippling glitches anymore

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I want to join in the fight as a sniper because I'm scared and don't want to get close to scary aliens. I don't care what I look like, a dude with some weird hair color I guess.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
long war is a slog and i don't want to get into it because of stuff like exalt missions

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Adam Wurst here. i'll try not to scream in agony too loudly when the aliens vaporize me.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my ultimate shame

i am bad at xcom and i have not beaten classic despite beating the original a ton of times

how should i play long war

Dec 26, 2012

im bad at new xcom too

did you beat the original with the save-difficulty glitch fixed or just the normal original

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
normal original now that i think about it, poo poo, i'm a scrub

Dec 26, 2012

its ok, i could barely scrape by the original even with the glitch that makes it easy

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I want to get mind controlled and blow up my fellow teammates so yeah sign me up

gimme a swank helmet, no preference on weapons

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

01011001 posted:

range is for pansies. voting for shotgun here, no preference on appearance

also does long war not have crippling glitches anymore

Nothing crippling that I noticed but really dumb glitches. For example, we just shot down a UFO over the water. It produced a crashsite and we are now fighting in a forest. I think we found atlantis!

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Was sizzlechest the goon who killed his dog with low carb or was he just the guy really into low carb and would tell people that doctors are just trying to scam them

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
rip the goat

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

fronz posted:

Was sizzlechest the goon who killed his dog with low carb or was he just the guy really into low carb and would tell people that doctors are just trying to scam them

I just thought it was something from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Probably but I want to know about the low carb one.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
drat, i had a sick k/d ratio

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wish healing was recognized as a legitimate thing comparable to k/d. I think FE:Awakening actually gives you exp based on healing magic. but then again that would be super exploitable.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FauxGateau posted:

i wish healing was recognized as a legitimate thing comparable to k/d. I think FE:Awakening actually gives you exp based on healing magic. but then again that would be super exploitable.

Every FE I remember gives you xp based on healing magic.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fronz posted:

Every FE I remember gives you xp based on healing magic.

man i fell into the trap of revealing that I only played awakening...

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011
I would like to shotgun some aliens in the face please and thank you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dongslayer. posted:

Dont care about class or whatever just make me the pole and paint a target on schlong's back

i would like to be a medic so that this mans bloodlust will doom an entire team

also please make my character as red as possible

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FauxGateau posted:

man i fell into the trap of revealing that I only played awakening...

Destroy your copy of awakening and play a better one, such as any of them.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I got XCOM UFO DEFENSE for PlayStation and I can't for the life of me figure out how you're supposed to play it

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fronz posted:

Destroy your copy of awakening and play a better one, such as any of them.

Yeah you're right, I got them and everything but there's a lot of game there.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I loving love MST3k.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

fronz posted:

I believe he was both.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I believe he was both.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I want to be killed in another X-Com game. Make me look like Stone Cold Steve Austin with pink power armor.

• Locked thread