Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Portrait's still their best if you ask me, which is probably an odd opinion to have since I generally like electronic sounding stuff. It's just that going in that direction made them seem more like a NiN offshoot when they very much had their own identity on PoaAF. :shrug: AS has a lot of good songs but I think is brought down a bit by the tracks that move the 'story' along. Typical artist overreach I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I thought the word was that Skold's more of a child fucker. :v:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

god's revenge on Marilyn Manson was making him into everything he hated 20 years ago

Think that's also god's revenge on Al Jourgensen now that you mention it...

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Did you read Al's autobiography? It's pretty interesting to say the least. Ministry peaked in 1988 if you ask me.

Not yet, I've read Chrs Connelly's wherein he notes that Al is kind of full of poo poo though, so Al's version of events should be interesting even if it isn't remotely rooted in truth.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

That was actually decent, and the entire album is apparently out there now if you're curious about the rest.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Marilyn Manson's new video is not a truck :v:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

No Portrait era stuff in the setlist makes me a sad panda, but I'm glad it sounds like he's gotten his poo poo together.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Double bills are the only way MM can play decent spots, since his co-headliners always end up hating him after I have to wonder why people keep agreeing to do this with him.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I bet it's going to be boring, monotonous garbage like the vast majority of his output at this point.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

I managed to see him live a few weeks back and I didn't realize how in bad shape he was. Just lumbering around the stage, at one point he forgot the words to Disposable Teens and Twiggy started feeding him the lyrics.

The last time I saw him was like 1996 or so, and eesh things have changed. Was nice to see Twiggy though!

That's a bummer, last I'd heard he'd been getting into decent shape and was poised to maybe return to some semblance of his former glory. Guess not! :rip:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Portrait Manson best Manson. :allears:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

My Twitter Account posted:

The new song "Stigmata" (from the Atomic Blonde soundtrack) is straight-up Big Black worship. Anyone who's been wishing MM would get back to their root / the "Spooky Kids sound" should get a lot of hope from it.

It's a Ministry cover, and not a very good one.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

My Twitter Account posted:

Oh lol, now I'm embarrassed not to have recognized it. I thought it was an intentional attempt at going back to the drum-machine-and-guitar sound of their early days.

It's pretty funny that you compared it to Big Black considering Steve Albini loving hates industrial stuff.

Platypus Farm posted:

So are we -sure- it isn't just the ministry version with manson's name on it?

I'm pretty sure, I've listened to the original a LOT and this cover is missing a bunch of production touches/effects. They were seriously too lazy to emulate what somebody else did 30 years ago.:eng99:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

:siren: STIGMATA IS A loving MINISTRY SONG YOU GODDAMN MORONS STOP TREATING IT LIKE IT'S AN ORIGINAL WORK BY MM JESUS gently caress :siren:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I'm surprised I didn't get probated for that one. :v:
Eh, to be topical, I like the weird psychedelic era of MM best. Too bad they chased Daisy off during the making of ACS, which supposedly showed more range but I thought made them seem more nin cloneish. But then that was their biggest project ever so what do I know?

Molestationary Store fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 26, 2017

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Can't say I'm not amused, but I do wish him well.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wasn't he always that though? It was Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids to begin with, and he was always Manson. He never fronted the band as Brian Warner.

They were MM & the Kids initially but when they got signed the label thought that was too long and the band just became MM, its frontman is credited on the first album as Mr.Manson in an effort to avoid confusion as to whether the project was one person or a group. Of course after that they basically decided the hell with it since on Smells Like Children their leader is credited as the Reverend Marilyn Manson and I think just straight up MM from there on out, they lost me after a while. :eng101:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Really? Well I friggin' learned something today then.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

ACS was originally just Portrait part 2 and then somewhere along the line it became this big overwrought concept album, at one point early on they were still thinking of re-recording some old spooky kids tunes for it

So it was almost a masterpiece but got drowned in overly ambitious wank then. Still a lot of good songs on that record.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Well that all kind of sucks. Time to not give MM anymore funds ever, which shouldn't be hard. RIP Daisy.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

See, only literal human garbage dislikes Portrait!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Marilyn did the right thing. Kind of a bummer for him since Twiggy has been his main right hand guy for ages.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

He never had a particularly good voice and now he is old and has done a shitton of drugs. But that loving popemobile wheelchair! :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Hmm, I'm not sure you can count Johnny and dumb hats as two separate things. Where one goes the other follows. :v:

• Locked thread