Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
In my townhouse, my Verizon router is on the top floor and plugged directly into my home computer and into the wall. My gaming systems and Blu-Ray player are in the basement. Those devices all go into one Linksys Router (E-1000 Wireless router) and from the the router, they go into a Netgear XET1001 Powerline Adapter, so the gaming sytems can connect to the router via the Netgear adapter in my office on the top floor.

I haven't had any problems with this layout until my fiancee moved in a few months ago, and while she was moving in, our area had a massive Verizon outage (phone/cable/Internet) for a week due to roadwork cutting a cable. When everything came back on, the devices in my basement couldn't connect to the Internet anymore. My Xbox 360, PS3, and Blu-Ray player, from what the Linksys tech and I could figure out, are going to the Linksys router, but not going any further.

So, we're thinking it's the Netgear Powerline Adapters (2 of them) not synced up/not talking to each other. Sadly, Netgear customer support/service sucks and I've spent most of today trying to make heads or tails of finding documentation online. Since the system was set up four years ago, I'd have to pay a "premium fee" for live assistance, and screw that.

Basically, the Netgear Adapters were plug-and-play. Hook everything up, plug them into the wall, the programming did the rest. However, I'm unable to get into the Adapters using the network address, and the documentation online said to "reset the routers to factory settings using the buttons on the side." Of which, these adapters have none. I have the passwords to the Adapters, but I can't get into the Adapters to reset them.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of set-up? At this point, I'm tempted to just buy new Adapters and let them work their magic but don't want to run into the same problem as soon as they power up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Do you have the Netgear utility installed on any computer? It seems like that's where some of the configuration is and I'm wondering if the devices are showing up there.

Is one end of the Netgear Powerline Adapter plugged directly into the Verizon router?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Zogo posted:

Do you have the Netgear utility installed on any computer? It seems like that's where some of the configuration is and I'm wondering if the devices are showing up there.

Is one end of the Netgear Powerline Adapter plugged directly into the Verizon router?

No on the utility on my computer, but yes, the Adapter is plugged directly onto my Verizon router.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd probably install that utility on a computer and see if it even sees those adapters.

• Locked thread