Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

do you guys love this game as much as I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
never heard of it

tell me about it, OP, for that fishman with a guitar looks neat

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mash posted:

never heard of it

tell me about it, OP, for that fishman with a guitar looks neat

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looks like some hot indie garbage

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Looks like some hot indie garbage

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I call this one Pukeular Bone when I'm with my friends, LOL. It's trash!

Soral
May 30, 2009

why would i want to pay 12 dollars for an unifnished game and the ability to watch him code in real time. if i want to see some video game coding ill rent the matrix revolutions at my blockbuster for half that price

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

why would i want to pay 12 dollars for an unifnished game and the ability to watch him code in real time. if i want to see some video game coding ill rent the matrix revolutions at my blockbuster for half that price

He streams himself making the game on Twitch anyway.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Well then let me tell you some things about it!

It's based of a game called Wasteland Kings which was made as part of Mojam last year (and you can try out for free at that link). They spent 3 days making games using a specific list of words, peoepl donated to charity to get the builds and it was all streamed to twitch. It's a twinstick shooter with roguelike elements, so people like to compare it to Binding of Isaac, which it's almost nothing like. It's more like Hotline Miami with a dash of borderlands.

The game starts at the character selection screen, everyone sitting around a campfire just kinda goofing off. Here is where you pick your class, each with an active ability on Mouse2 and a passive. Once you pick your character the generates a random floor, and once you kill the last enemy on it their corpse turns into a portal for the next one. Radiation shards take the place of your standard experience points and if you level up then in the next screen transition you get to pick from a random selection of 4 mutations to apply to yourself.

The game doesn't have as many guns as a borderlands game, but oh boy does it have guns.

and yeah it's 13 bucks for indie early access garbage, but as stated the stream twice a week and push new builds almost every week. They are also really active in the community that's forming for the game (steam forums and reddit[ugh])

it will also be on ps3/4, vita and xbone once it actually comes out as well as being a dollar cheaper so if you're really not sure it's for you then waiting is totaly a valid option because having this on vita would own.

Wormskull posted:

He streams himself making the game on Twitch anyway.

They. It can be any of the members of the team, one day you could be watching them do nothing but play the game the whole time, the next you could watch their sound design spend an hour tweaking someone's voice clip to sound just right (I think they stopped having him stream)

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i'm not buying unfinished games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Well then let me tell you some things about it!

It's based of a game called Wasteland Kings which was made as part of Mojam last year (and you can try out for free at that link). They spent 3 days making games using a specific list of words, peoepl donated to charity to get the builds and it was all streamed to twitch. It's a twinstick shooter with roguelike elements, so people like to compare it to Binding of Isaac, which it's almost nothing like. It's more like Hotline Miami with a dash of borderlands.

The game starts at the character selection screen, everyone sitting around a campfire just kinda goofing off. Here is where you pick your class, each with an active ability on Mouse2 and a passive. Once you pick your character the generates a random floor, and once you kill the last enemy on it their corpse turns into a portal for the next one. Radiation shards take the place of your standard experience points and if you level up then in the next screen transition you get to pick from a random selection of 4 mutations to apply to yourself.

The game doesn't have as many guns as a borderlands game, but oh boy does it have guns.

and yeah it's 13 bucks for indie early access garbage, but as stated the stream twice a week and push new builds almost every week. They are also really active in the community that's forming for the game (steam forums and reddit[ugh])

it will also be on ps3/4, vita and xbone once it actually comes out as well as being a dollar cheaper so if you're really not sure it's for you then waiting is totaly a valid option because having this on vita would own.

They. It can be any of the members of the team, one day you could be watching them do nothing but play the game the whole time, the next you could watch their sound design spend an hour tweaking someone's voice clip to sound just right (I think they stopped having him stream)

Oh, I only have seen the weird fat guy who looks scandinavian but I never bothered to actually listen to him since I assumed he'd be a Swede and Swedes are huge losers.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The Protagonist posted:

i'm not buying unfinished games

totally a valid opinion considering the poo poo state of every other Early Access game I've ever looked into. I totally recommend trying out Wasteland Kings though as it's :krad:

Wormskull posted:

Oh, I only have seen the weird fat guy who looks scandinavian but I never bothered to actually listen to him since I assumed he'd be a Swede and Swedes are huge losers.

sounds like Paul Veer, their in game artist. He's a pretty chill dude actually, which you can tell because his favorite game is Grimm Fandango. He's a self taught pixel artist who started by doing sonic sprite recolors and is now being asked to teach seminars about pixel art at a college.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I have this game on my "Buy when I have money" list

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its really good thank god for my buddies buying me everything vlambeer releases

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
do you think its the number of dollars its being charged for good, if you had said money (you poor bastard)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The Protagonist posted:

do you think its the number of dollars its being charged for good, if you had said money (you poor bastard)

you're right, once it finally hits 1.0 it's going to be 11.99 instead of 12.99.

plus like 5 years from now it will probably be 1.29 on a steamsale so you might as well wait till then.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
This game is real fun. Reminds me a bit if binding of Isaac.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Rannos22 posted:

This game is real fun. Reminds me a bit if binding of Isaac.

Yeah a lot of people who really like BoI either love this too or think it's terrible because it's not exactly like BoI.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Protagonist posted:

i would say so but i love twin stick shooters and its a really good one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it loving sucks

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Black Baby Goku posted:

it loving sucks