Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think you guys are missing the fact that there were loving two of each zombie. They're not Claus and Hinawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"There's a movie reference in this somewhere."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funny thing about Kumatora, when making the translation patch, Tomato actually had to increase the character limit on character names just so her name would fit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, I can kinda see where they're coming from. Having swears kinda clashes with the saccharine and innocent face of Mother.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ratatozsk posted:

Is there any similarity or wordplay between the original Japanese names for Lucas and Claus, or is their anagramability just kinda incidental?

Claus and Lucas were named after two characters Agota Kristof's novel The Notebook. It might be intentional, but not on Itoi's part. The katakana for their names is not anagrammable, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Don't sympathize with Jerry. He's the dominant figure in a violent co-dependent relationship. Jerry's a dick. Tom only does the things that comes natural to him. Chasing Jerry is an instinct. But Jerry is a sociopath. He can escape Tom's clutches with ease, any time he wants, because he's smarter than Tom, but instead he decides to mess with Jerry. Hurt him, punish him for even trying. And the screwed up part is Tom keeps coming back. He needs the pain. He wants it.

There was one cartoon where it was just Jerry and the baby mouse loving with Tom while he was sleeping. Tom had literally done nothing to antagonize them. They loving tried to SHOOT HIM. Tom won out in the end, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Xander77 posted:

It's called interdependency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qltjIXLx5Cw

Sup York.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is what happens when you can't cry until the end. Your emotions get all bottled up and it makes you irritable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The prologue is over, this is the real game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that Kumatora is using South African slang for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cheez posted:

Earthbound was still going to be the name for 1 before someone decided it wasn't a good idea to make a release outside of Japan.

I think it was more that by the time they were ready to release it, the SNES had come out, and they wanted to focus on the new console. It's a lot like what happened to Star Fox 2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's a video game on TV. A boy and a dog are walking on railroad tracks. I better go too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I honestly hope you being confused by loving rock paper scissors was a joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dan Brown and Stephanie Meyer use words in their books too. I don't think we should use words as a literary device anymore. Sentences are out as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

When someone buys your book you go to their house and perform a six hour interpretive freeform dance to communicate the story and it's themes to them.

Exactly!

Edit: I'm sayin' that it's not like Dan Brown and Meyer are the only authors who use short chapters, and it's not even like short chapters are trademarks of their works, so it's kinda silly to go "But my video game might be like Tw-Tw-Twilight!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mega's also kinda said not to do that poo poo, I believe.

It's also kind of a dickish thing to do anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nope, it was never officially released outside Japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What were we just loving talking about?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing. Nothing after nothing came bursting out.

I really like this line.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAb1QBUz208

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Welcome to the worst stage in Brawl.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Personally, I can't wait to cry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm kinda wary in general about Mother without Itoi, because Mother pretty much IS Itoi. Even if it gets the tone down, it's still gonna come off as a pale imitation of a quite unique man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now that the Love Theme has popped up, I can post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qg4xCkEQs

I thought I remembered seeing some screens that suggested that there was more to the final boss, like some Giygas-level mindfuck stuff, but I guess I must have misread it. Good LP. Good game.

• Locked thread