Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I remember that when playing this game I kept thinking it cannot be happening. It is an elaborate joke. She is alive and well. Somehow, somewhere.

Only about halfway through the game I managed to finally accept this. And I actually hate my mother with a passion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The break points you choose for the updates are just about perfect.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ometeotl posted:

This sounds like a long, trainwreck of a story and I want the details.

Endorph posted:

He made some (IMO) bad LPs with some really weird moments and then he ended his Live a Live LP by saying he killed a woman in a car accident and would be busy with the ensuing legal stuff.

End of story.

Umm... so what happens in January? Gets released from jail?

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fister Roboto posted:

Genuinely pissed? As in, feeling exactly the same as if that had happened in real life? No, I've never felt that way while reading a fictional book.

What is your favorite fictional book?

I like Jacob's Shadow, although The Necronomicon comes pretty close.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

How Ingratiating! posted:

The old folk's home makes me sad, because I've seen nursing homes like that before. I hear some countries treat the elderly a lot better.

I'm in Canada. We don't treat our elderly too great from what I have seen.

The thing is a glorified prison, smells like poo poo and vinegar and has crazy people shrieking at the top of their lungs as if it were an asylum. "I want my husband! You cannot keep me here! I want my husband!". For days on end, this continuing for what is now month #4. Can't say I blame her though. I would not want to stay there for too long either.

You do get whipped cream and pancakes with your massive doses of anti-depressants and Seroquil though. That has to count for something.

And this was the best of the three places that I have seen...

:negative:

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carbon dioxide posted:

I was sad there wasn't a "drop the bass" joke but your great way to deal with stone - sheet - clippers made up for it.

Yes, that was art.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Variant_Eris posted:

Clearly the Mr. Saturns developed the best mode of transportation, since it actually worked.

Therefore Rope Snake can only blame himself. :colbert:

He roped us into it!

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Leavemywife posted:

A 3% drop for an ultimate weapon seems really, really generous. Then again, anything seems better than the 1/128 chance of some stuff, which is... .007%, if I did the math right.

Y-Hat posted:

.008% if you round up, but hey, semantics. One-in-33 is definitely an improvement, and unlike in Earthbound, you will probably need the levels that you get from grinding for ultimate weapons and armor.

No.

1/128 is 0.0078125, or 0.78125%.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had to put the game down for a while at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Under the vegetable posted:

More games should be made by artists and not focus grouped design teams. Itoi made three absolutely beautiful games with a lot to say, and a bass fishing game starring himself. That's a real artist. There really aren't a lot of people working in games who have near-total creative control over a work as a personal vision and also have something pertinent to say about humanity. It's pretty much him, Kojima, and, uh, well, I know there are others, I just can't think of them right now.

Swery comes to mind, if just a tiny bit.

• Locked thread