Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bellmaker posted:

Wine snob ghost is the smuggest thing I've ever seen, it's amazing.

Can someone make that av sized please, that's pretty great and I need a new one.

flerp fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Darth TNT posted:

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever read. :psyduck: He only does it to hurt Duster?

That's kind of how insults work

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
I really like, even at the end of the game, this game has not lost its sense of humor. If anything, as the game becomes more and more dark, it tries even harder to make jokes, like the game is trying to make you still want to keep playing and have fun even when the end of the world is coming and the game is at its most serious. Like the random details with the erasble pencil and doorknob and everything. It feels like a lot of care went into making this game at its darkest moment still feel lighthearted. It's refreshing when compared to other games that get grimdark near the end.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Wow, this game just knew exactly how to end. Was tearing up the entire update. That final boss fight is really something else. One where you can't even fight him, that's just a great way to wrap up a game, especially this game. This game just has a way at getting to you. It just feels so genuine and pure, like watching a child face a cruel world, but it just leaves you with this hope, that even though things can be bad, it will always work out. It feels like when you're a kid and you start to realize that the world isn't exactly all nice and kind, but you try anyways to make it as good as it possibly can, and you succeed. The ending just felt so good, to see it all work out. I've never played any of the earthbound/mother games so this is my only exposure to it, and I have to say, I heard a lot of great things about it, but it really did exceed my expectations.

Fantastic work on the LP too, by the way. I could tell it took a lot of work, and I appreciate it.

• Locked thread