Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013
Hey everyone. After starting to play Magic again, I wanted to practice my drafting skills but I found it difficult to find reliable drafting games. That’s when I remembered the first MTG Goonvitaional Draft Series. However, that thread has been long dead, so after contacting Goodness, I decided to start a new one in the hopes of being able to play a few drafts sometime.

The purpose of this thread is to organize the group of people interested in this, and hopefully bring attention and more players too it as well. The irc that we will be using is #goondrafting on synirc.

The draft simulator we will be using is drafts.in. It’s pretty great, and it can export out the deck to Cockatrice.

The match simulator we will be using is Cockatrice. It’s pretty easy to use, especially if you know the hotkeys which can be found here.

If you have any questions or anything, you can email me at kidsandg@gmail.com, or jump in the irc channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013
Second post reserved in case I need it later.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
I'm down for this. Tried some Thereos on MODO and don't do well enough to feel like spending money.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I'm down. I used to do the Goonvitational drafts all of the time but Theros got pretty stale and I got tired of drafting it. Anyway, I've been away from it long enough I'd be willing to do all of the formats (THS block, M15, etc) again. I've also got a cube that is always fun to draft. I'd have to remove some of the Conspiracy cards because drafts.in doesn't function with them, which sucks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm in depending on timing.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I'd be interested, I need to get back to grinding drafts and I don't want to spend $$$ on MODO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013
Sure, if you guys want to get a draft going tonight, that'd be pretty cool. Just hop on the irc and we can see who we've got.

• Locked thread