Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

gently caress the ROW posted:

beer for my horses, tweets for my troons

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Fandyien posted:

i bet her dad is really disappointed

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Drink Cheerwine posted:

why would google fire her? who gives a poo poo what she thinks? do you think companies should ideologically vet their employees? how many of you would make that cut? when did you stop beating your wife?

Don't ever work for the US government in a job that requires a security clearance.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Gazpacho posted:

she is not a fascist but she is every petit bourgeois who ever looked at a fascist and said "we need someone like that"

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

paranoid randroid posted:

lets kickstart a public debate between angela davis and justine tunney.

in for twenty

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

The Valkyries all wear google glass, two have bad PCOS and two have pensises, the other three are okay looking but you have to listen to them talk about the bell curve for six hours before you can gently caress them

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

she looks like a saddlebag with eyes

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

God I can't wait for the Nerd Wars. Towers crumbling, fires in the night. I'll be the first over the wall of the googleplex, their tomato plants and aspartame crushed under my cushioned tennies, their last flimsy barricade of roller chairs and legless Japanese style IKEA tables smashed apart. Justine Tunny cowers behind her desk as I stalk into I.T, the rags of my letterman jacket flowing past my legs. She chokes as her google glasses chime "you have one new like," giving her away. I spin and grab her wrist before she can pull it back. "HEY NERD," my voice is the furnace blast of a dragon's hiss. I twist her arm back and tap her knuckles to her face. "STOP HITTING YOURSELF. STOP HITTING YOURSELF. STOP HITTING YOURSELF."

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

quote:

Charles II (Spanish: Carlos II) (6 November 1661 – 1 November 1700) was the last Habsburg ruler of Spain. His realm included Southern Netherlands and Spain's overseas empire, stretching from the Americas to the Spanish East Indies. Known as "the Bewitched" (Spanish: el Hechizado), he is noted for his extensive physical, intellectual, and emotional disabilities—along with his consequent ineffectual rule.

Charles was born in the Spanish capital, Madrid, the son of Philip IV of Spain and his second wife, Mariana of Austria (also known as Maria Anna). As the only surviving male heir of his father's two marriages, Charles was named Prince of Asturias, the title given to the person first in line to the Spanish throne.

Charles did not learn to speak until the age of four nor to walk until eight, and was treated as virtually an infant until he was ten years old. Fearing the frail child would be overtaxed, his caretakers did not force Charles to attend school. The indolence of the young Charles was indulged to such an extent that at times he was not expected to be clean. When his half-brother Don Juan José of Austria, an illegitimate son of Philip IV, obtained power by exiling the queen mother from court, he covered his nose and insisted that the king at least brush his hair.

Toward the end of his life Charles' fragile health deteriorated and he became increasingly hypersensitive and strange, at one point demanding that the bodies of his family be exhumed so he could look upon the corpses. He officially retired when he had a nervous breakdown caused by the amount of pressure put on him to try to pull Spain out of the economic trouble it was going through. He lived a simple life from then on, playing games and other activities. He died in Madrid on 1 November 1700, five days before his 39th birthday. The physician who practiced his autopsy stated that his body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

As the American historians Will and Ariel Durant put it, Charles II was "short, lame, epileptic, senile, and completely bald before 35, he was always on the verge of death, but repeatedly baffled Christendom by continuing to live."

your betters, folks

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Human biological diversity

or a really serious lack thereof

quote:

By the time of Charles's birth there had been many generations of inbreeding within the Spanish royal house; his physical and mental disabilities are widely attributed to this inbreeding. The practice of first-cousin and uncle-niece marriages was common among 17th-century European nobility, intended to preserve prosperous families' properties. Charles's own immediate pedigree was almost exclusively populated with close relative relationships: Charles's mother, Mariana of Austria, herself a Habsburg, was a niece of his father, Philip. Mariana was a daughter of Empress Maria Anna of Spain (1606–46) and Emperor Ferdinand III. Thus Maria Anna was simultaneously his aunt and grandmother while Margaret of Austria, Maria Anna's mother, was both his grandmother and great-grandmother. The inbreeding was so widespread in his case that all of his eight great-grandparents were descendants of Joanna and Philip I of Castile. This inbreeding had given many in the family hereditary weaknesses. That Habsburg generation was more prone to still-births than were peasants in Spanish villages.

There was also insanity in Charles's family. His great-great-great (-great-great, depending along which lineage is counted) grandmother, Queen Joanna of Castile, became insane early in life and became known as "Joanna the Mad"; it is debated, however, to what degree her "madness" was induced by her confinement and political intrigues targeting her. Joanna's parents, Isabella I of Castile and Ferdinand II of Aragon, were only distantly related. Joanna was two of Charles' 16 (mathematical) great-great-great-grandmothers, six of his 32 great-great-great-great-grandmothers, and six of his 64 great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers.

Dating to approximately the year 1550, outbreeding in Charles II's lineage had ceased (see also pedigree collapse. From then on, all his ancestors were in one way or another descendants of Joanna and Philip I of Castile, and among these just the royal houses of Spain, Austria and Bavaria. Charles II's genome was actually more homozygous than that of a child whose parents are siblings.[4] He was born physically and mentally disabled, and disfigured. Possibly through affliction with mandibular prognathism, he was unable to chew.[4] His tongue was so large that his speech could barely be understood, and he frequently drooled. It has been suggested that he suffered from the endocrine disease acromegaly, or his inbred lineage may have led to a combination of rare genetic disorders such as combined pituitary hormone deficiency and distal renal tubular acidosis.

I wrote a paper in a college biology class on pedigree collapse, that's where I found out about this bag of genetic failures. Hereditary aristocracy almost always leads to this kind of poo poo, it's like the human version of a puppy mill.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

if I was a barbarian king and my daughters were super hot

I might. probably not but maybe.

you never go full Aguirre

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Majorian posted:

You better shut your whore mouth and pray that she comes back, or I will hold you personally responsible. I want this thread to last forever, so that no matter how bad my day is, I can look at it and remind myself that I am not a reborn Spanish Hapsburg like this wood nymph with a mean streak is.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

The using the real name plus tweeting as if you're speaking for google is a bad decision

Especially when you're tweeting about the innate superiority of white people while holding yourself out as the representative of a company that already has a major problem with diversity. Don't embarrass Skynet, Justine, there are repercussions.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
She's probably just going to get yelled at by Google and told to knock it off, then she'll come back a week from now at about half power with a sob story about how she deleted her twitter because of "death threats." That seems to be the usual MO of the internet blowhard.

Pollyanna posted:

justine did actually tell me once that i should be using my real name on twitter, which i did for all of like 5 minutes before i just went gently caress this and went back to a screen-name.

Both you and that cat in your avatar are smarter than Justine.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 28, 2014

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
There have been quite a few people retweeting some of her choicer philosophical nuggets to @google, so it's not like it would involve a lot of sleuthing on their part. Honestly, I doubt the retarded political poo poo she is spouting matters all that much to them, though the Shockley-style racism is getting really close to the line. If they're pissed at her, it's way more likely that it's over her constant implications that she speaks for the company. Corporations really do not like it when employees drag their name into puerile twitter slapfights.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Pollyanna posted:

i highly doubt she got fired, she's probably just been told to knock it off

tbqh i think her whole thing about GOOGLE IS GREAT I SPEAK FOR GOOGLE is because they offered her money when she was getting cancer treatment, so she's rather attached to them. i mean, i can understand why, but trying to suck up to a company never ever goes well. she'd be well-served by making herself out to speak on an individual level rather than flying a banner everywhere.

And she repaid them for their kindness by dragging their name through the mud of her intellectually-shallow flirtation with fascism. Nice.

I think the simpler explanation is that she is a very insecure person with both an inflated opinion of her own abilities and a bad case of imposter syndrome, so yammering about how you have to take her seriously because she is a part of the Google makes her feel more confident when spouting her half-baked sophomorisms to a generally mocking and unreceptive world.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Hahaha, she is back with a protected account. Oh, Justine, you special, special little flower.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

paranoid randroid posted:

kyrie i liked your Ignatius Loyola On The Internet gimmick better

kyrie is playing the long game :ssh:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Dely Apple posted:

If you made rational purchases at Goodwill, they'd be out of business in a week. I'm helping society.

Also it makes the little wedge segments automatically! You can put sliced jalapenos in there too.

i bought a croque monsieur maker once and I'm still not really sure why other than it makes cute shell shapes in the bread

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
She undeleted her twitter but now it's private

Justine, you can't be Top Twitter Tranny if your tweets are protected, now can you? :getin:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
twitter trolls are doing their best to hold their end up

at first i thought it said "no penis required" on Justine's side and that was a lot funnier

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
our well of twit-comedy has dried up :(

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Kirk Johnson posted:

Maybe her Twitter closed because she forgot to dilate it this morning.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Majorian posted:

All white wine is poo poo.

Die cis scum.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

King Vidiot posted:

It all looks pretty cool and normal even within that same post, I mean they draw some skulls and statues too and those are cool. But in between the statues and skulls it's just a sea of dicks, pussies and buttholes.

If it weren't for the human urge to draw dicks, pussies, and buttholes, we wouldn't have Art.

:nws: http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/search/commentaire/commentaire_id/the-origin-of-the-world-3122.html :nws:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Justine is predictably dramatic.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Zombies' Downfall posted:

imho nobody should wish anybody to be homeless because it's a bad and inexcusable thing, but while it is weak as poo poo for companies to fire people for saying bad words on twitter that make them look bad to no meaningful end (google is in real trouble here guys), i also ultimately do not give a poo poo if a bad person who has reprehensible opinions gets fired regardless of her place on the oppression hierarchy

maybe they can replace her with a trans who isn't evil and retarded

She doesn't deserve to get fired for her stupid lovely political ideas, she deserves to be fired because she has repeatedly invoked Google's name and implied that they agree with her (or are at least okay with her) while spouting her stupid, lovely, racist, reductionary, childish political ideas. No company wants that PR hit.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Whatever happens to her she should keep tweeting and never develop an ounce of introspection because 1. I don't have to live with her and 2. lol

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
oooh, it's a little pop-up LF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

ashgromnies posted:

doxx'd people (including Lowtax, lol)

I remember that, he posted complete personal details including socials for Lowtax, Fistgrrl, EPG, and I think Ozma too, here on SA with a hacked account. Weev is an rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread