Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I can't believe this game is still around

It's sort of fun again maybe?? timber wolves are basically cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Dire Wolves are also basically cheating, I've decided

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

That was my experience/opinion until I put 3 gauss rifles on one

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

sebmojo posted:

This is a collection of current knowledge on CW so we can get our Schadenfreude Rotors all spun up and synchronised for when it fails horribly:

Almost none of this will actually happen

garth ferengi fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 3, 2014

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yeah, I normally use my dad and am much more solid in it. Part of the problem might have been that I went from half a dozen drops in my dad where we stomped straight to solo drops in the Jenner. Such a different playstyle.

Please don't refer to your atlas as a ghost dad. its too soon

e: how problematic on a scale from 1 to 10 do you think referring to atlases as ghost dads is. I'm going with a 7

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I learned how to drive light mechs again I think

fake edit: spot the shameful pubbie goon

real edit: as it turns out(when it comes to solo dropping at least), 12 person teams just mean that there are 12 people for me to terrorise rather than 8. Shame about the completely terrible group play

garth ferengi fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 3, 2014

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I've decided that stormcrows, also, are basically cheating

PoptartsNinja posted:

Can naval gauss rifles fire down at planetary targets? Yup.

Can naval gauss rifles fire up out of a planet's gravity well and still deliver a projectile moving fast enough to accomplish anything? No.

The Great Houses should be thanking the attacking forces for destroying their idiotic boondoggle cannons for them.

Please stop posting

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

you unfriended me after this, didn't you

No I've basically just unfriended everyone who I don't know/care about when I've seen them online

Legit did not realise that the group/solo queues were split until today. I just thought that the only people left playing this lovely game were people in groups

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

PGI should do something about lights honestly

I'm basically a god until I gently caress up and shut down because I'm a huge idiot. A huge idiot kneebiter god, who starts bags of poop on fire and puts them behind majestic whale robots

450 damage per round is like, better than anything that I have except clan heavies and assaults

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

This game is really dumb and I'm not sure why anyone is still playing it, or how anyone could stand to have played it continually since closed/open beta

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

I really liked the trial storm row I had but after grinding 9mil cbills I got tired of it and now I robopunch nerds in Titanfall. Sometimes while playing I think to myself "man I wish this was as customizable as the Mechs in MWO" and basically my wife is not going to see me much this holiday between these two games

I can't imagine how brutally unfun this game must be to new people, the only reason it's playable for me is I had a million stupid piece of poo poo inner sphere mechs that I could immediately sell to buy a ton of timber wolves and storm crows and firestarters

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

EoRaptor posted:

the tryhards are actually on a different mumble somewhere. :/

KDR is actually probably the most casual MWO group in existence at this point, and definitely also the worst group. And there are only like 10 of us

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

You know, while WoL was a serious going concern a 18 months to two years back, I think like two people total ever copped a ban. Both of them were pretty much the result of a fuckton of people saying "We are sick of this tiresome fuckwit". I mean, loving hell, g1mmel didn't even manage to get banned until he got banned from the loving game.

The entirety of KDR squad was banned actually

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Baudin posted:

Was this around the time that no one played anymore by chance?

It was before 12 person groups and ghost heat so no, somewhat

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

There needs to be rules. They're completely necessary.

I honestly wish we were a little more strict on homophobic and racist slurs within mumble. I find it a bit ridiculous that grown men are still using pejoratives such as, 'fag' or 'human being'.

People are offended by this poo poo and it ultimately pushes people away. Many other goon groups have a no tolerance stance on these behaviors, a good example is the goon run [GOKU] outfit from Planetside 2.

I understand that we're goons and we like to be 'gooney', but hate speech shouldn't be tolerated. Especially within an international multi-cultural group of players.

Posts like this are what got a bunch of people banned from the word of lowtax years ago(including me!) so I wish you luck in your endeavours. Ha ha ha ha ha

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

Your posts were not like that.

You could dig them up if the word of lowtax forums are still around if you like, they were basically "hey it's really lovely to describe things in a stupid video game as 'rape'" and "hey, oval office is a pretty hateful word and has a lot of lovely misogynistic connotations no matter where you're from(regardless of whether you're aware of it or not) so don't say it"

I just actually call it out when it happens instead of remaining silent and then posting about it way later(without even naming and shaming, what a passive loser)

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Pycckuu posted:

code:
				OWNS OF THE NORTH STAR

SCENE: Ruins of a city devastated by nuclear war. Standing amid the rubble are WEBDO, ANDERS, 
and TANKBOYKEN, generic biker-punk henchmen from season 1 of the show, lol. They are terrorizing 
the locals, and take perverse pleasure in their heinous conduct.

WEBDO:
			I know how to own! I know how to own!

ANDERS picks VEEDUBFREAK out of a crowd of and throws him to the ground.

ANDERS:
			Own him for me.

WEBDO:
			Your computer sucks! It's very bad and expensive! 

VEEDUBFREAK:
			No! P-p-p-lease! My computer is actually nice and 
			I'm just excited about buying new parts for it so that 
			I can play some of my favorite games on the highest 
			graphics settings!

TANKBOYKEN:
			Huhuhuhu

The villagers stand aghast at WEBDO's brutality. No man deserves such fate. Suddenly, a tall 
handsome stranger appears in their midst. With his back turned towards the villains, he helps 
VEEDUBFREAK to his feet and offers him some water to cool off that sick watercooled computer 
system. VEEDUBFREAK smiles gratefully, before passing out.

ANDERS:
			This one is not afraid of us. We need to teach 
			him a lesson.

ANDERS disables text to speech on his mumble server. Without turning his back:

KENPYCCKUU:
			Your owns are shameful and weak. You better run,
			while you're still in one piece.

ANDERS:
			UAAAGH! 

ANDERS and TANKBOYKEN charge towards KENPYCCKUU but are suddenly repelled by a swift and powerful 
own - something about their unhealthy obsession with Star Citizen. The own stops the villains 
dead in their tracks, causing them to recoil. Attempting to look brave:

THE TWO VILLAINS:
			You call this owns? Hahaha, I don't feel anything!

KENPYCCKUU
			You are already owned.

Suddenly, the villains heads and limbs begin to inflate to grotesque proportions, bursting in a 
fountain of blood that probably has too much sugar in it.

WEBDO:
			*shocked anime gasps*

KENPYCCKUU turns towards WEBDO, and begins to approach him at a steady pace. From his upright 
posture and very large muscles, it is clear that KENPYCCKUU has had sex very many times, with 
some of the hottest babes around. WEBDO attempts to regain composure:

WEBDO
			That may have worked on them, but it will never work on me!
			I know how to do owns!

KENPYCCKUU now stands mere inches away from WEBDO. He begins to deliver one of the most 
powerful owns yet.

KENPYCCKUU
			YATATATATATATATATATATA-

The own is the biggest the world has ever seen. It addresses WEBDO's difficulty communicating 
with others and his wont to take any criticism or suggestion as a great personal insult. The 
crippling anxiety he probably has in real life has led WEBDO to attempt to live out his power 
fantasies through the internet, but even here he is failing. WEBDO's inability to articulate 
his thoughts has limited him to taking cheapshots from the peanut gallery, making his online 
existence just as forgettable as his actual real world life.

KENPYCCKUU (cont'd)
			YATATATATATATATATATATA - ATA!

These issues probably have a lot to do with WEBDO's childhood, when he elected to play video 
games and board games rather than doing sports and making real life friends with the boys at 
school. Instead of developing confidence and ability to speak like an adult, he developed a 
large midsection and phimosis. Maybe things would turn out differently if only he had the courage 
to ask Charlotte to the school dance in 7th grade, instead of learning Battletech lore! 
Perhaps that would make him popular at school and, heck, they might even make him captain 
of the football team rather than give him atomic wedgies at recess and pee all over his stuff 
in his locker during PE class. If only he could go back in time to that one moment, and do 
things differently! Perhaps he would even have the dream job he always wanted: a doctor, 
a war hero, a movie star. Even his father would be proud of him and pat him on the back 
saying "Atta boy WEBDO, I'm proud to call you my son!" instead of giving up on him many years ago 
for being a sad sack of poo poo.

WEBDO (shouting:)
			MOST OF THESE AREN'T EVEN TRUE!!!

As blood begins to rush towards WEBDO's outer extremities inflating them to grotesque proportions,
he begins to realize that no amount of time travel would fix his lispy high pitched voice, his poo poo 
personality, or his unfortunate face. In the last seconds of his life, he understands that even if
he were to survive, he would forever rue the day when he attempted to own KENPYCCKUU. WEBDO's 
corpulent mass explodes in a red mist. KENPYCCKUU stands over the villains' remains, which look 
strangely similar to a very large puddle of Bertolli Marinara sauce.		

KENPYCCKUU:
			The art of owns is a 2000 year old technique, 
			and cannot be mastered by scum like you.

KENPYCCKUU walks towards the sunset as the villagers cheer. VEEDUBFREAK watches him with a tear in his eye.
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Put on your make-up, boy

You're your favorite stranger

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I'm help

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Hey. instead of having a dumb argument about who's getting owned or whatever, you should all just talk about how much better I am than everyone else. That would be great. Thank's in advance

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

ITS ALREADY HAPPENED

Not enough though

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I admit that you're better at stompy robots than me. I'm just an average shot. Just using semi-smart positioning and mechromancer knowledge to my advantage. Better?

I'm probably a worse shot tbh

And I have really bad reflexes, despite being only like 5 feet tall

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm better at video games than other people is because dying in a video game is about as terrifying as dying in real life, to me

e: Listening to Kanye's New Workout Plan certainly helps me be the best of the best though

e2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua61XY84gGg

e3: god dammit that video is censored. let me find a good one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTLhfRGCZq0

garth ferengi fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 6, 2014

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Kazvall posted:

This is bullshit! I'll never sound as soothing as modpud.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Jade Star posted:

Got a D-DC been trying to make a brawler, with 2 large lasers (or pulse, been fiddling) an AC20, and 3 SRM6. It seems like it'd been a brawl monster, but it never quite seems to work out. Heat seems to be a problem, despite something like 14 double heat sinks.

I'm pretty sure this is the original Ghost Dad, and it's completely terrible. Run medium lasers, AC/20, and 3 SRM6s, with a big engine, standard 350 or something. If you want to do large lasers, the AS7-D can do 3 ERLL, gauss, and a standard 350 pretty well, which worked out pretty fantastically back in the pre-quirk days of 2012

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

ohsh please critique. I'm not sure if it's better or worse. Might need more kanye and less anime

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

OhsH posted:

wow MP, all the new poo poo is really garbage. please trim to originals.

agreed and/or same

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

OhsH posted:

our relationship is probably at the best it has ever been.

because we never communicate with eachother except through text?

agreed

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

OhsH posted:

it is what must be done.

hey you guys really sucked that one game, please stop. also please remind greatbeer of the time the rope teamkilled him and greatbeer had him banned from the word of lowtax over it, because that was insanely funny

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

I'm going to miss my U-AC5 Grid Iron.

edit: this is the build that could shatter worlds RIP BLACKDOG'S GRID IRON

Machine gun gauss backed by thunderbolt quality medium pulse lasers sounds a heck of a lot better than some uac5 garbage pail robot tbh

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Kaninrail posted:

Jenner-F with a rank 4 range module now shoots medium lasers out to 312 meters, seems pretty good.

Not as good as a firestarter with -15% medium laser heat generation in addition to a better energy range quirk

I really want to have a reason to buy a jenner again because the jenner is basically a racecar robot but lol metal babies

e: And, really, the griffin satisfies my racecar fetish anyways

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I have yet to lose a 1v1 against an 8 SPL firestarter in my 6ML one but maybe I've only gone up against completely terrible light pilots

I wouldn't be too worried about them honestly, it's the smart ones who run 6ML and know how to peek and poke and generally be a belligerent space rear end in a top hat who you need to watch out for

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

sebmojo posted:

in all fairness to your opponents you are the keyser soze of tiny robots

i'm ok i guess

e: I guess my firestarter stats have plunged into terribleness since I started playing to make my team win rather than to just promote the moderatepudding brand

garth ferengi fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

sebmojo posted:

haha those stats are just loving retarded

do you have any videos of you playing? because i am bad and i harbour a sweet deathless dream of one day being less bad.

Peek and poke, shoot people until they die, don't get shot at. That's basically all i do

My mechwarrior philosophy goes something like this:

1. Always promote your brand

2. Use people of colour as stepping stones(including yourself if at all possible)

3. Slather paint on your tits and talk about how great war is and how it's the moral prerogative of all white people to help israel commit genocide

If you follow those steps you're practically guaranteed to get good at robots.

• Locked thread