Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

My unit dropped the game as a serious experience and last time I tried to load it to play casually it literally crashed my modem upon connection. I've never, ever had a game do that before. I had to physically reboot it. Probably tied to some recent issues I've had, but still pretty hilarious.

I patched this up today after about 6 months of letting it sit idle. I played one match then the power on my block went out for over an hour.

Somewhere, Paul was smiling I swear to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Vorenus posted:

I know that being an elitist dick is pretty much a prerequisite for playing MWO, but asking people to play with you and then repeatedly ignoring them in Mumble/in-game is just rude. You're playing MWO, you don't get to be selective.

For content's sake, this game still sucks. Someone make good use of this thread and recommend me a good, fun game that has a slightly more tolerable robots:lies ratio.

Well then I guess maybe try Robocraft. It's a F2P game that lets you build machines in weird ways and then you go fight other robocrafts? There was a game similar to it on kickstarter and I think it had a thread here but this robocraft is a different game. You customize robot machines with weapons and armor and then go kill stuff. What got me hooked was the guy saying he saw a penis as a turret on a tank and that got me hooked.

I am kinda drunk tho so YMMV TIA.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Erata posted:

If you're new to the game, you'll probably like the game for a little while. Once the novelty factor wears off and you start wondering why a completely reasonable build is failing, remember the devs are scrubby, pubby scum who at one point took steps to nerf teamwork through the queue system to split up oddly-numbered teams of friends.
I have no idea if they fixed it because I stopped giving a gently caress after the volcano map was added.

I played a little bit over the weekend and I have gathered that you now can have teams of up to 10 people in a group. I still have no idea how the matchmaking works now but while there still isn't a player counter there is a little ticker that shows a breakdown of the 'mech weights currently in matches (12% lights 18% mediums 36% heavies 34% assaults Use a Light if you want faster queue times!)

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Number19 posted:

Yes NDAs really exist and I'm very good about adhering to mine :)

And is a very good thing for you and your career/family even if you work for the literal devil.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Shot some robots with some goons tonite and it was pretty fun.

The grouping mechanic as well as the UI could use some polish but we got a party up to 8 and were laying waste to some clanners(most hadn't played in awhile and I think noone had bought that godawful cashgrab).

Interesting concept goons in IS mechs fighting against the clans though, kinda felt like fighting off the invasion.

You could definitely tell that there was a lot left to want as far as balance etc, but the feel is not something found in other games.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Participating in my first Private Match. They are hilariously fun and customizable, unfortunately making one means giving cash to PGI.

e: both sides have to have guys running premium time also building duellers is awesome.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 2, 2014

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

armchairyoda posted:

robo-honoure.

Best Honoure.

e I did another duel private match and it was fun again. Still no dollars spent.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 4, 2014

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
If I register here and don't pay a dime do these folks consider me retained?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Soo.... CW is the game Guild system, and about a full year later than the full CW was expected? And they are calling it a "rapid development cycle"? And the map is there just to look pretty? Never change :pgi:

2 years, since the first stage of CW was planned to be rolled out 90 days after the beta closed.

e: drat you Lemming

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

From what I remember from MW3, weren't IS mechs used in groups of 4, and clan mechs in groups of 5?

On that basis wouldn't 12 v 10 work perfectly for both balance and lore?

But no, they're going to do ghost clans or some poo poo.

I think there is some 10v12 tests scheduled for this month using private matches and being streamed via twitch. Hopefully, it will be a wonderful shitshow.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
c-erll now triggers ghost heat if you fire more than ONE

genius pure genius

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
This is great the Brown Sea is belching and spewing and is about to reach Hurricane Shitstorm proportions.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
#savemwoclans?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

The ones paying 50$ for overpowered mechs?

AFAIK the league guys that are respectable? don't allow mechs in that aren't cbill variants.

I have no idea who pgi is talking about except the ngng guys who are utter poo poo.

Either way it seems this is just PGI going we got your (clan)money suck it dweebs and is why anyone in this thread says that playing abit to get your robit fix is OK, just never give those crazy motherfuckers money.

e: they will spend it on cocaine

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I enjoy the 3/3/3/3 as well but what made me patch up was the change in the group sizes. also big stompy robots.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I found this somewhere and its believed to be near accurate for the prices and also includes the release dates for each of the Clan Pack 'mechs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuLLHLxputlAyH0zABtLYC0xN-mdfTa8Oo9fIsTRoSQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Blake Kevlar, true story.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Holy poo poo clan 'mechs can be killed shoot them in the dickbutts with coordinated fire. Also don't get out of position.

e: its the band of tryhards that will gently caress you directly unless you use some completely unconventional style.

EE: having 7 goons helps.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 12, 2014

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
All of them.

Also a goon was sent a warning email from IGP/PGI for some recent in game comments towards the pubbies, so really nothing has changed.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I believe he was quoting lines from the movie Blue Velvet, but maybe the F word was involved.

There is some no profanity guild we run across maybe it was them?

Actually I can try and have him post that story here if he can be arsed.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

That's actually pretty cool and fooled me for a second.

Obviously those Thors didnt have double basics and speed tweak or they would have avoided that.

Also, why is this Griffon I have been playing taller than a Madcat?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Also free mech bay for shooting at mechbutts this weekend, its fairly easy to achieve. Marik related mechs and stuff on sale.

No idea when the Liao weekend is.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Probably never, because who gives a poo poo about liao? We have ~220 groups per-register for CW, 9 of which are Liao, and I strongly suspect that 3 of the 9 entries are all WoL. Liao is going to have a really bad day.

Metro needs to get his poo poo in gear then.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Just "accidentally" spam arty at spawn at the beginning of match. In the chaos, take off legs.

e: this works in assault mode only as the other two modes, yes TWO modes, have the team spawned all over the loving map.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 18, 2014

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Also you get shitall from selling a chassis and all those you mentioned are not so bad. Jenners are cheap especially in august when alot of them will be on cbill sale.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Noone giving PGI money here but beer and stompy robots is fun to a certain extent.

Come shoot some mechbutts bro.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
There may be alot wrong with PGI but none of it involves 19, just sayin

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

RangerAce posted:

I did exactly this, except I didn't get an Oculus Rift. I opted for constructing an arduino-based head tracker (edtracker.org.uk) so that I can lord over all other VR neckbeards with a bunch of wires sticking out of my headset.

In other words, E:D has something for everyone, as long as that something is space truckin' (which is actually pretty fun, sometimes.)

This sounds like something I would have to put some money into before the actual game is finished.

No Thanks.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

sebmojo posted:

A Jaeger DD with twin space shotguns, four MG and double medium lazers is fun if you can stay alive to the end of the map. Bits just fly everywhere, and it's hard to overheat.

That build was quite fun when they upped the MG crit rate for a cycle or two, but while not optimal its a really fun build still.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Q_res posted:

Since you jerks convinced me to reinstall this, I'd like some advice. I have 13.5m CBills to waste before I get sick of this game again, anything in the Liao sale that's "must buy"? Any Heavy that's not a 'Phract, Catapult or Jaeger; Mediums that aren't Hunchbacks, Cents or Trebuchets and none Atlas Assaults are fair game.

timberwolves

e: actually Jenners if you haven't run lights

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I Love U Keller, don't ever change.

also, some pedophile sperg invaded channel for those of you that couldn't enjoy it. But seriously guys he totally isn't a pedo.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Number19 posted:

The friends list limit was expanded (and might be uncapped, I'm not sure). I really should patch up and drop in some matches this weekend.

You really should.

I originally stopped completely after I couldn't join any groups because 2.0 bugged out my massively spergy friendslist. Also, the game got kinda stale.

Anywho, I do like the change to expanding the groups and the different queues.

same mumble if you want to play your reg account.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

WebDO posted:

I'm torn about this because while prima facie this sounds great, more efficiency for the devs really means more efficiency in implementing terrible Paul ideas instead of actually doing anything to unfuck the game. So maybe just focus on your server stuff instead?

Have you been counted recently?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Drank some beers, shot some robutts.

All good.

Also, Butt Trumpet.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I went to check the links and lo and behold I may be banned?

Not really sure since I cant view the brown sea if I am logged in.

No email, no warning, nothing in PMs.

SQUAWK!

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

RangerAce posted:

That's okay, I judge you for playing MWO.

It's ok we judge you for your posting in general :V

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
The Twolf runs around 90 kph after speed tweak, can carry the weapons of an assault mech, it has JJs and also benefits from broken hit boxes. Its p average imo.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
^^^ afaik someone is working on it.

IS lights still rule their class. for now....

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

It's a poo poo OP for a poo poo game. That's the way it should be.

That's quite an opinion you have there.

Please keep posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure everyone feels this way. Even the people still playing.

Playing MW:O is like having a significant other that picks up a nasty drug habit. You like the person underneath and held out hope they might go back to that one day, while just getting worse and worse and knowing really, there's not much hope of that. In the meantime, you definitely want to keep your wallet closed around them. But every now and then, they remind you of the old days when they had potential and you forget about all the poo poo.. for a while. It always comes back.

While I agree with most of this I also don't want to discourage people from shooting roberts with goons and having a good time in general.

Once they opened the group limits back up most of the bros give fuckall about the actual game itself.

Also, there is no other stompy robot game to satiate the thirst of the older guys.

e: do not spend money on this game.

• Locked thread