Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I played robots today for pretty much the first time in a year. It is pretty much still the same game with the addition of clan poo poo and different coloured lasers. I did have fun blowing up robots though.

I had the most fun blowing up Sean Lang of NGNG while he was streaming http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/b/564549351 at ~50 mins in.

It really is mind blowing how little progress they have made other than making GBS threads out new mechs.

Srms do seem like they work now which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

TeeMerk posted:

Well since they opened up the groups to more than 4, we kinda just make our own fun.

I think this alone actually makes trying to find funhaving not like pulling fingernails. Being able to pick up and lose people without everything grinding to a halt makes for easier robotting.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

I loving hate all of you. I really do. I'll probably install this tonight when I go to bed (my internet is poo poo).

gently caress you guys.

:allears: :getin:

You won't regret it at all :shepface:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

What if they really do the Urban Mech just to corner the goon market? :ohdear:

I'll only buy it if it comes in gold.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

We want a hero raven called the Nevermore with its fluff tagline being "quoth the raven Alt+F4". Is that too much to ask?

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

WarLocke posted:

"I loaded the map and now I can't move, WTF PGI!"

This actually happened in early closed beta. It was possible to launch in a mech with no engine fitted at all.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

RiperSnifel posted:

Everyone dies alone. Death is a solitary experience. We are temporary.

:smith:

:qq:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Major Spag posted:

HA, they gave me the Atlas S but with no engine and no weapons but the ammo is there.

:pgi: :allears:

Shameful edit: Also, despite having a founders pack they did not in fact give me the centurion.

:pgi: :pgi: :pgi:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

aniviron posted:

I don't have trackIR but word has it that the game fully supports it. Whether it's a good control scheme I have no idea though.

I have a trackir most of the mechs aren't worth using it with because their cockpits have no side windows. The raven is pretty cool with it though.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

How do like half the people in this thread have hilarious red text?

Because Internet robots only attracts the most rational balanced goons. :shepface:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

RiperSnifel posted:

Rest in peace Star Trek and Banano. You will be missed.

Some goons fly too close to the sun :patriot:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

This game is the best. First contact via email telling me I am banned is preceded by telling me I am not, in fact, banned.

I will play you forever.

Schrodinger's banning.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Best game last night for me was us doing an oldschool tunnel rush to basecap on frozen city night. Did we get points? No. Did we get bags? No. Did I sit in their base typing all about your base about your base into chat as the timer ticked down. Hell yes.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Play in the ambulance.

Quit dying I'm trying to shoot robots over here.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Is there a UI indication for total group tonnage? Because if not :laffo:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Darwinism posted:

Even the noble Tetatae forget sometimes :colbert:

edit: oh man is the wiki page full of alt-F4 champions up, I loved that thing

http://player.vimeo.com/video/52827979 This is the 1k celebration video for alt+F4. Such brave mechwarriors.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Number19 posted:

FYI: goons ramming Paul had nothing to do with knockdown a getting removed. They got removed because they didn't work properly.

Paul actually thinks the Bowling for Paul video is funny.

I can testify that when Anders and I visited PGI I asked if Paul had anything he wanted to say to goons. He said "I didn't take collisions out because of that video, I took them out because they didn't work in the tournament".

Paul was actually pretty chill in person. To be fair though he only found out that we were goons at the end of our visit. He may not have had time to focus his :argh: or something like that.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

If you want to fight lights bring a streakcrow. :fuckoff: Lights.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

The trees emit an energy field that uses laser blasts to enhance its photosynthesis :shepface: :cripes:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Xanax Madaway posted:

It's Christmas indeed.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

I really like this little SCR-Prime that's on trial, it's small, fast, and I can hang out in the back shooting lasers

Put 3x streak 6 and 4x erml on it and eat all the lights. Stormcrows are amazing.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

Which Stormcrow should I buy? the SCR-Prime or the SCR-D? It looks like the prime has less armour than the -D and not as good base heat mitigation or whatever it's called

Stormcrows CTs are identical. So buy whichever comes with the most gear you plan on using straight away. Prime and the D have the most useful omnipods. You will want both eventually. I would probably get the prime and buy the D torso pods.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Jimbosaurus posted:

They are playing it ironically.

Also, the only ones that can actually kick are Stalkerr, Jaderaven, Anders, Reverend, and Mashed. Most of those guys are not on much or at all. Shibas and Texas Merc are the ones that have been doing most of the inviting; but whether by design or rank rights can only lower their rank and can't actually increase any of the morons to recruitment birds. One of the guys mentioned above will have to put a few peoples ranks to recruit bird or Anders can put Shibas and Texas Merc at the rank of the others so they can increase some ranks of people to recruit birds. Either way, we'll have more people able to invite.

The system is also broken / badly designed and prevents a lot of tasks being assigned to anyone other than the org owner :pgi: We will get more recruitment people by the time cw roles around I guess. At least one person with mumble admin is usually going to be on jabber most of the day so if you need something with mumble etc then ask in the_nest etc.

If you can't be bothered to get set up for jabber and authed into mumble etc then welp :effort:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I don't think wol has any actual tryhards right now. Only being crushed in CW will motivate people to try hard. Presuming it is worth the :effort:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Pycckuu posted:

I have a lispy human being nerd voice irl, and if people heard me speak it would discredit my valid criticisms. I am everything that I hate about goons, and the overwhelming irony of my posts is keeping me from buying a microphone.

Half the goons on mumble have nerdvoice and the overlay doesn't work so nobody will know which nerd voice is yours. Get a mic and yell at goons.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Baudin posted:

This is a hilarious lie and we all know it.

You caught me. He should still get a mic. If I'll :words: in my hosed up half canadian half NZ accent then anyone should.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I killed Sean Lang last night. We also stomped them a couple times.

God, Riper was yelling, "Kill the loving cameraman! Kill the cameraman!"

I lost it.

Nothing in MWO is as sweet as killing Sean Lang while he is streaming. Bonus points for squawking in allchat while and after doing it.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/b/595489820 Sean Lang getting :owned: at 27:30

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

You know, while WoL was a serious going concern a 18 months to two years back, I think like two people total ever copped a ban. Both of them were pretty much the result of a fuckton of people saying "We are sick of this tiresome fuckwit". I mean, loving hell, g1mmel didn't even manage to get banned until he got banned from the loving game.

Gimmel never got banned from Wol. We love Gimmel. He is both the best and worst of us at the same time.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

The Wizzard is the only approved doctrine chassis for Wol in CW. Did you guys not get the memo.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

There will be a list of good builds forthcoming for newbies or people coming back that don't remember how to robot. It will hardly be compulsory.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Stalkerr- if your going to work on the infrastructure, any chance to make the auth process not require me to create an account for some vaporware project? Once I get up to date on the current meta I'd be happy to help fill out wiki pages, but between the :effort: of going over to RSI, and getting hilariously distracted for 10 minutes on the pubbie trap trial it just wasn't happening tonight.

A new auth system is in the works that won't need an RSI account for mechshooting. I don't have an ETA at this stage.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Hilbert Spaceship posted:

Pretty sure I've still got the original manuscripts somewhere...

Audiobook with individual character voices tia.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

Mumble overlay is broken so this is actually a feature. Working as intended.

Obviously we need to add more milsperging to our mumble to compensate. Mashed alpha copy danger gg close oscar mike.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I would LOVE to see two rounds of ALL locusts, followed by two rounds of ALL assaults. We'll call it Boss Mode.

Bossmode was the best thing in the old 8v8 queue. When the composition of an 8 man would force matching that comp. So if you took 1 assault and 7 lights the other team would end up with that and be totally unprepared for it.

Bossfight games were the best games.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kazvall posted:

We're even getting poo poo early now. It's insanity. If ghost heat is removed I will pluck out all my pubic hair one by one.

:toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Kaninrail posted:

So now that I've finally finished mastering Jenners, I think I'm going to turn my attention to Cataphracts. I have the Ilya Muromets and -4X, what should my 3rd variant be? Also, recommend me a good build for the Ilya and -4X? I haven't been super happy with any of my builds for them.

3D is probably the other one to get. It has jets. Used to be one of the better jumpsnipers when that was a thing.

• Locked thread