Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cruft

In the local news this morning:

quote:

Dear Editor,

Me and my friends were at the grand opening of the new Smith's recently. We waited in line for only about 30 minutes, and we were pleasantly surprised by the grandeur of the new shopping center.

Every improvement that could've been made over the old Smith's had been made. We spent the better of three hours there just looking at all the new items they had in stock when my eyes fell upon the most beautiful fruit salad I had ever seen. All sorts of goodies (apples. grapes, peaches, etc.) tucked inside of a nutritious but delicious melon bowl.

I was ready to buy this fruit salad with my meager earnings, and I could tell my friends were excited for me to share it with them. I picked up the tasty treat and eyed the price tag, expecting something decently cheap, but boy howdy was I surprised. The fruit salad was $20.40! Twenty dollars! I was not ready to spend all of my money on a measly fruit salad, regardless of its physical appeal.

I left Smith's dissatisfied that day, but part of me yearned for that fruit salad. I eventually returned to buy that fruit salad, but lo and behold, it wasn't there. Someone had actually bought that twenty dollar fruit salad before me.

Now my question for you is who in their right mind would actually pick up a twenty dollar fruit salad at first glance and not have a single contemplation about the high price of such an item. It's downright blasphemy I say, and I will not be giving any of my business to Smith's until I see that fruit salad back in the fruit salad section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

a true inustice imo

cruft

Well the town is flippin' out about it anyway. You philistines obviously can't be bothered to read a 5-paragraph letter.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

why eat fruit in salad form when you can blend it and enjoy it in a glass as a smoothie

google THIS

was it a big fruit salad i mean what's the price per weight

cruft

Jett posted:

was it a big fruit salad i mean what's the price per weight

A salient question, maybe it was a 15-pound fruit salad.

google THIS

what kind of melon was the bowl i mean was it a freaking watermelon is this a $20 fruit salad that could feed a party of eight b/c that's what i'm picturing

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
for all norwegian posters reading this: $20.40 is 127NOK. thats a lot!

google THIS

was it locally sourced fruit, was it organic, i mean geez i'm outraged over here but it's mainly at the grievous lack of information

also in what religion is buying an expensive fruit salad considered blasphemy

cruft

my new dog posted:

for all norwegian posters reading this: $20.40 is 127NOK. thats a lot!

Holy crap 127 is a lot of NOKs! This fruit salad just keeps getting expensiver and expensiver!!

Tane

who the gently caress would eat a fruit salad by themselves as a meal. like eat a steak and a beer and some pussy. thats a real meal homo

alnilam

cruft posted:

Holy crap 127 is a lot of NOKs! This fruit salad just keeps getting expensiver and expensiver!!

127 x isn't that m uch those things are easy to find you can get them gfrom a "emergency phone for old ppl" charities these days

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

nok nok hello it's me fruit salad

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
with 127 NOK i can buy ten packs of gum

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Bo-Pepper posted:

nok nok hello it's me fruit salad

lmbo

heard u like girls

quote:

The fruit salad was $20.40! Twenty dollars! I was not ready to spend all of my money on a measly fruit salad, regardless of its physical appeal.

here it sya its a measly salad so i duno maybe its just really overpireced

or maybe theres just a big bacon xplosion hidden beneath the fruit and they cant read labels proper

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
fruit salad is more of a desert. Anyway he said share it with friends so i'm picturing it in a watermelon. Also he's both angry it's spendy and angry he couldn't spend on it. Hypocrisy! I hope he never gets another fruit salad again, or of he does it's a tiny delmonte 4 oz cup!

ChairmanMeow

I would even bet 120nok that he goes back to smiths every drat week
I"M OUTRAGED

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChairmanMeow posted:

I would even bet 120nok that he goes back to smiths every drat week
I"M OUTRAGED

120 nok.. i want that 120nok

google THIS

ChairmanMeow posted:

fruit salad is more of a desert. Anyway he said share it with friends so i'm picturing it in a watermelon. Also he's both angry it's spendy and angry he couldn't spend on it. Hypocrisy! I hope he never gets another fruit salad again, or of he does it's a tiny delmonte 4 oz cup!

i'm picturing this person as a woman is that sexist of me :ohdear:

cruft

Jett posted:

i'm picturing this person as a woman is that sexist of me :ohdear:

So did everybody on the roller derby team. Don't worry.

Turns out it was a 15-year old boy.

cruft

cruft posted:

So did everybody on the roller derby team. Don't worry.

Turns out it was a 15-year old boy.

Gonna poll some contacts and see if I can get him to post in BYOB. Fingers crossed.

posting smiling

cruft posted:

Gonna poll some contacts and see if I can get him to post in BYOB. Fingers crossed.

byob needs your teens. if you see a teen, send it to byob. a modest commitment of just one teen a month could keep the byob forum relevant and active for years to come.

cruft

I mean he trolled the entire town with a joke letter. People are still flaming each other about it on Facebook. Seems like BYOB material to me :shrug:

posting smiling

cruft posted:

I mean he trolled the entire town with a joke letter. People are still flaming each other about it on Facebook. Seems like BYOB material to me :shrug:

he does to me too which is why i'm promoting the idea of promoting byob to teens.

google THIS

cruft posted:

fruit salad guy, the man, the myth, the legend, coming soon to a byob near you

cruft

Classicist posted:

he does to me too which is why i'm promoting the idea of promoting byob to teens.

:hfive:

ChairmanMeow

teens are rude and leave their socks just everywhere.
frankly i think it would be a disaster.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

Classicist posted:

keep byob away from babies

Reset Button

i couldnt get past the "boy howdy" without laughing rly hard
i'm mad he's trolling

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx
I wish I was a teen, but I'm not cool enough.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

DO you live in Mayberry, op?

FluffieDuckie

ChairmanMeow posted:

teens are rude and leave their socks just everywhere.
frankly i think it would be a disaster.

do not even get me started

cruft

Okay, I tracked the kid down.

How do you buy an account for somebody? I'm totes ready to do this.

cruft

cruft posted:

Okay, I tracked the kid down.

How do you buy an account for somebody? I'm totes ready to do this.

oh you just buy an account gift cert eh

okay

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
name the account fruit salad prices

Cosmic Charlie

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Tane posted:

who the gently caress would eat a fruit salad by themselves as a meal. like eat a steak and a beer and some pussy. thats a real meal homo

Tane layin down some truth in the yob

posting smiling

cruft posted:

oh you just buy an account gift cert eh

okay

:yum:

cruft

just got this:

quote:

Okay he said sure. Or as he put it "Hey. I saw your email and I would love to do this. Tell your teacher I'm in and I'll be glad to be a part of the ever expanding fruit universe." He just wants to know when he starts and what he needs to do exactly. So when you get this e-Mail me back.

So it is happening. I bought an account cert and got a receipt in my email, where's the cert supposed to show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

cruft posted:

just got this:

So it is happening. I bought an account cert and got a receipt in my email, where's the cert supposed to show up?

FLUFFSTRIX I NEED YOUR EXPERTISE

• Locked thread