Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther

vapoursquid posted:

where the gently caress are politics about where the loving grocery stores go thats not a political issue

It actually is a huge issue in lots of places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
You would not believe how heated things got here about a new target coming in a few years back

Smofoable

Classicist posted:

this kid is off to a strong start. but will he be able to post about the other topics byob likes besides fruit salads? this poster thinks he has a strong chance.

Believe me. My rage may be fruit salad-based, but evil finds its way into many other small town issues. I'm on a mission like no other to fight for the freedom of fruit enthusiasts everywhere.

vapoursquid

none other
yah i guess it can be a big deal

i am he

In Paris they don't even let any grocery stores be there, and everybody just doesn't eat. thats why they're so thin.

vapoursquid

none other
i feel like byob is increasingly politicized!

cruft

Okay here's one. I'll do more but I'm not at a good computer for image work so it's slow.

This guy was the chef at $RESTAURANT_1 who was well known (at least among people I hang out with) for not washing his hands after using the bathroom. He ragequit and started his own restaurant, which went out of business a few months later.

dogcrash truther

vapoursquid posted:

i feel like byob is increasingly politicized!

I did not give a flying fig about where the target went

I Dunno

wow, small towns sure do sound....fun? though if you wanted to make a name for yourself as a badass it sounds like everything is scandalous so it would be p easy and you would be v cool

cruft

This poor soul, who struggles to make ends meet with a measly income of under $50,000 a year, is glad to have the opportunity to pay $20 for a fruit salad.

i am he

i'd rather have the opportunity to pay $20 for a fruit salad, than not have it at all

dogcrash truther
lol @ fruit salad expertise

cruft

Classic Internet Argument technique right here! Full points awarded!

thewizardofshoe

Every time a new Walmart opens here there's a grassroots campaign to block the opening of the Walmart, but then the Walmart eventually opens anyway it just takes an extra 3-4 years of bullshit.

I for one do not shop at Walmart, but man, talk about pointless. Clearly there's a demand for Walmarts, because they keep opening and staying open.

Smofoable

i am he posted:

i'd rather have the opportunity to pay $20 for a fruit salad, than not have it at all

It seems to me like you don't understand the principle of buying fruit salad. I for one, believe that it is my God given right to have a fruit salad that is affordable for what I'm getting. No one should be put through the torment of buying a decently-sized fruit salad for well over its actual worth.

Smofoable

cruft posted:

Classic Internet Argument technique right here! Full points awarded!

Notice that she capitalized "the" in the first sentence (incorrectly I might add!).

cruft

dct try to be more original thanks in advance

14 HOURS AGO

I Dunno

cruft posted:

This poor soul, who struggles to make ends meet with a measly income of under $50,000 a year, is glad to have the opportunity to pay $20 for a fruit salad.

thank you smiths for the wonderful opportunity to waste my money paying too much for things when i already barely make any money. yes, i love that these overpriced products are even available for me to choose from. isn't smiths great?

cruft

I'm not finding the slapfights I saw this morning. Maybe Facebook limits comments if you're not a member. :\

cruft

Afro Doug

Kroger's Brand Fruit Salad - 0/10 - What were these FUCKS thinking? What idiot puts cantaloupe in a loving fruit salad? Jesus Christ! Can you beleive that these rear end in a top hat put loving canteloupes in the fruit salad? Am I insane? Am i loving insane? Is this the world we live in now? with cantaloupes in the fruit salad? With the loving salad with fruits in in it? The fruit loving salad? Cantaloupes? Like is this real life? Is this poo poo completely real? Are they fuckinging serious? Can you beleive it that thats what they make the salad made of fruit the CANTALOUPES in the SALAD what is loving HAPPENING

Smofoable

cruft posted:

I'm not finding the slapfights I saw this morning. Maybe Facebook limits comments if you're not a member. :\

That membership fee is just too much for me, so I don't have one either :(

i am he

Afro Doug posted:

Kroger's Brand Fruit Salad - 0/10 - What were these FUCKS thinking? What idiot puts cantaloupe in a loving fruit salad? Jesus Christ! Can you beleive that these rear end in a top hat put loving canteloupes in the fruit salad? Am I insane? Am i loving insane? Is this the world we live in now? with cantaloupes in the fruit salad? With the loving salad with fruits in in it? The fruit loving salad? Cantaloupes? Like is this real life? Is this poo poo completely real? Are they fuckinging serious? Can you beleive it that thats what they make the salad made of fruit the CANTALOUPES in the SALAD what is loving HAPPENING

alnilam

Smofoablr your letter is going to start a revolution let's hope at least

pogi

Smofoable posted:

Hello there. I am Reagan, the boy who sent the "Fruit Salad letter" to the L.A. Daily Post today. I'm here to introduce myself properly. It is my life's work to expose the injustices of the fruit world, and my recent adventure regarding a pricey fruit salad has sparked a revolution in the making. Some say I'm a troll, others have called me a woman. I am in fact the bearer of male genitalia, and this will be my finest hour. Any fruit salad/fruit inquiries you have I will answer. And if you wish to support the cause you can go to http://www.fruitsaladyummyyummy.net (don't go there, it isn't my actual official area of work). If we unite as Americans, the fruit salad debacle may actually come to an end.

Smofoable

alnilam posted:

Smofoablr your letter is going to start a revolution let's hope at least

Hope is all we have in these dark times.

cruft

Smofoable posted:

That membership fee is just too much for me, so I don't have one either :(

LOL

I mean, I can understand this miserly outlook if you're having to pay $20.40 for fruit salad!

Turns out, a lot of the rage was around the nutball guitar teacher's letter to the editor last week, and previous letters to the editor, which this forum doesn't have the attention span for (and I don't want to redact).

thewizardofshoe

Does an forum have the attention span for that, cruft?

No.

What is important here is the outrageous price of fruit salad here.

As someone employed in the food service industry, these rising food prices are a great concern to me, and we should all think about writing to our Congressmen re: the state of American agriculture and importation of foodstuffs.

pogi

Cruft, I wasn't sure about this at first, but you really came through this time. God bless you.

cruft

DrSanchez posted:

Cruft, I wasn't sure about this at first, but you really came through this time. God bless you.

I was more sure about this kid than I was about the poetry/art thread last week. Smofoable's letter showed every sign of him being a top-shelf BYOB poster.

cruft

thewizardofshoe posted:

Does an forum have the attention span for that, cruft?

No.

What is important here is the outrageous price of fruit salad here.

As someone employed in the food service industry, these rising food prices are a great concern to me, and we should all think about writing to our Congressmen re: the state of American agriculture and importation of foodstuffs.

This guy gets it.

Smofoable

cruft posted:

I was more sure about this kid than I was about the poetry/art thread last week. Smofoable's letter showed every sign of him being a top-shelf BYOB poster.

My thanks cruft. I won't let you down.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

dang, sounds like your town is having a real "meltdown" about this fruit salad thing. some of the commenters are going "nuclear". i hope there isn't a lot of "fallout".

pig slut lisa

irl is good

small towns can be a real "laboratory" of democracy and civic engagement

cruft

pig slut lisa posted:

dang, sounds like your town is having a real "meltdown" about this fruit salad thing. some of the commenters are going "nuclear". i hope there isn't a lot of "fallout".

excellent googling!

posting smiling
ok smofoable the last things you need to take care of to start posting in byob are requesting a posting theme here and getting an avatar. you can get someone to buy one for you by posting in gbs for a little while :)

Smofoable

Classicist posted:

ok smofoable the last things you need to take care of to start posting in byob are requesting a posting theme here and getting an avatar. you can get someone to buy one for you by posting in gbs for a little while :)

Gee wiz thanks a lot. I'll get right on it.

Smofoable fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 25, 2014

vapoursquid

none other

cruft posted:

excellent googling!

cruft lives in Chernobyl

cruft

vapoursquid posted:

cruft lives in Chernobyl

:byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

cruft are your rhyming abilities a strange side effect of being accidentally exposed to a dangerous dose of radiation

• Locked thread