Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nvm no cake

my mouth is super sore right now but being sedated like that was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Did they give you narcotics so you don't feel?

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Brush your teeth

Slaapaav

by Azathoth
i wanna be sedated

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Please don't become a oxycodine addict.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Angry Fish posted:

Please don't become a oxycodine addict.

unfortunately is appears he's already a meth addict

posting smiling

Bo-Pepper posted:

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Bo-Pepper posted:

Are two addictions better than one?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Angry Fish posted:

Are two addictions better than one?

if you multiply two negatives you get a positive so the math checks out

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Bo-Pepper posted:

if you multiply two negatives you get a positive so the math checks out

Cool cuz I got a benzos kick going and I want to hook myself up with a weed addiction when I'm out of the service.

Slaapaav

by Azathoth
im an alchoholic i only do meth sometimes but i do have a ritalin prescription for adhdd

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Slaapaav posted:

im an alchoholic i only do meth sometimes but i do have a ritalin prescription for adhdd

Isn't Ritalin just legal psychiatric meth?

Slaapaav

by Azathoth

Angry Fish posted:

Isn't Ritalin just legal psychiatric meth?

kinda

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

hey slaapaav don't do meth

Slaapaav

by Azathoth

Bo-Pepper posted:

hey slaapaav don't do meth

ok i will stop doing meth because i look up to you and dont want to disapoint you

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

thank you i would be disappointed if you did meth again it's true i would be sad

nvm no cake

they gave me some pain meds and i took some already and they seem to be helping. my mouth is incredibly sore but thanksfully it doesn't seem to be swelling up so i'm happy for that. there's no way ill be able to eat solid food today, though. idk about tomorrow either.

Kimmalah

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

in my experience pain meds don't really help the pain much they just make it so you don't give a gently caress about how much your mouth hurts. it's pretty cool :)

nvm no cake

the actual sedation part was interesting. they said i would be feel happy first then get super relaxed but still be able to talk to them if i needed to. they say i was out for 2 hours but it felt like 5 minutes tbh. i started waking up while i think they were doing the stitches because i could feel them rooting around in my mouth moving around one by one to each tooth. but i think i fell back asleep shortly and wake up not too long after that.

overall i give it a 5/5 and that's definitely the way to have dentist work done if you have the choice.

nvm no cake

Kimmalah posted:

in my experience pain meds don't really help the pain much they just make it so you don't give a gently caress about how much your mouth hurts. it's pretty cool :)

yeah that seems to be accurate. like my mouth is still super loving sore but its not bothering me as much as it was before i took some meds, and not necassarily because it hurts less

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Man ritalin is so good, though. I was on it as a kid and it's like St. Joesph's Children's Cocaine

Kimmalah

the only part of my wisdom teeth removal i remember was waking up a little in the middle of it and hearing this horrible crunching sound as they ripped my tooth out i guess

i've been sedated many times for various reasons - apparently it's really hard to knock me out and the doctor said i'd make a good drunk, so that's something

poverty goat

they put me under for my wisdom teeth, all i remember is fading quickly to black and then waking up again and finishing my 30x10mg oxycodone script in 5 days and at one point pulling over my car on the way to school to vomit

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
usually when they do wisdom teeth they use a drug called Versed, which doesnt actually make you unconscious but does make you forget everything while your on it so you probably got groped

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I only had one wisdom tooth and they pulled it with just Novocaine and also I had only gone in for a checkup but they said if I let them pull it they'd do it for free.

Slaapaav

by Azathoth

Glass Bottom Boat posted:

usually when they do wisdom teeth they use a drug called Versed, which doesnt actually make you unconscious but does make you forget everything while your on it so you probably got groped

sounds like a very sexy drug if you like to be sexy with other people

Kimmalah

Glass Bottom Boat posted:

i had a colonoscopy on versed once so it was a lot more than that :bigtran:

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Kimmalah posted:

i had a colonoscopy on versed once so it was a lot more than that :bigtran:

hot

Kimmalah

i guess, i don't remember any of it. i do remember doctors getting into some poo poo in some place because apparently it was routine to practice pelvic exams on unconscious female patients without telling them

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Kimmalah posted:

i guess, i don't remember any of it. i do remember doctors getting into some poo poo in some place because apparently it was routine to practice pelvic exams on unconscious female patients without telling them

:wth:

Kimmalah

not my doctors, i just got a butt camera from them :(

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
how much does a butt camera cost

Kimmalah

i don't know insurance paid for it all and i didn't get to keep it or anything

tao of lmao

Gross Dude posted:

Brush your teeth

Ramsus

by Hand Knit
When I pulled in the driveway after having my wisdom teeth out I puked. Also the pain meds did nothing for me and the next day was Christmas. I was in such lovely shape I didn't even go out and open presents. But I got a PS2 and Silent Hill 2 so everything was cool.

Highly Unnecessary

I was given propofol once which was some very powerful stuff. The transition from the anaesthesiologist giving me the drug to waking up 30 minutes later felt instant, feeling completely alert with no grogginess. I can see why Michael Jackson liked it so much.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
OP how r ur teef now?

joke_explainer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I only had one wisdom tooth and they pulled it with just Novocaine and also I had only gone in for a checkup but they said if I let them pull it they'd do it for free.

I'm imagining this like the dentist and other dentists at the practice are all crowded around the chair like 'Okay man listen you let us pull this tooth we'll do it for free.' and you are like, '... uh... okay... if you think that's the--' and the other dentists are like cursing and cheering alternatively and they count out huge stacks of cash as they get ready to pull the tooth, like at the end of four rooms. No medical reason to pull the tooth, they just wanted to see if you'd agree. Anyway, I hope there was actually a reason!

nvm no cake

update: ive been in a ton of pain and unable to eat any solid food for a few days now but it's finally starting to feel better this morning. im grateful for it to be almost done with and glad i dont have to worry about going through that again. i didn't realize i'd miss solid food so drat much in that little amount of time. brush your teeth kids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Why are you losing half a dozen teeth at a time before 30

• Locked thread