Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
> BREAK WALL

"With What? Your bare hands?"

> YES

"Congratulations! The wall has been shattered! Hope you didn't destroy a clue!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

>Move DENNIS

>Take YE FLASK

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Super Jay Mann posted:

>Take YE FLASK

>You cannot get ye flask

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
>XYZZY:ovr:

If that doesn't work, well I guess we'll just have to see what's in the coffin or ceiling.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Neddy Seagoon posted:

>XYZZY:ovr:

If that doesn't work, well I guess we'll just have to see what's in the coffin or ceiling.

A hollow voice says "Fool."

... that isn't how you get out of the crypt when you're trapped.

>PRAY:ovr:

If you "think about what you've done", perhaps we are expected to repent and pray for forgiveness.

Kind of humiliating for our heroes. Perhaps they'd rather die. Perhaps they'll have the option.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

JT Jag posted:

Is it shining at anything in particular?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

We've already had about 30 requests to either look at the ceiling from outside the casket, inside the casket and looking at the inside of the lid. Just a matter of waiting and seeing what we get.

Chewbot posted:

The man's hand grips the flashlight hard, most likely held there from rigor mortis. Hale points to a sparkling pin holding the dead man's sleeve in place above his head. Looks like it took quite a beating when it was nailed into the wall.

This diamond's real. I don't see anything along the ceiling. Why would someone put his arm in this position?

There's nothing on the ceiling/in the light.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

You know what else Reagan did in the eighties?

Tear down that wall!

FairweatherPaws
Jan 1, 2014

ManxomeBromide posted:

>PRAY:ovr:

If you "think about what you've done", perhaps we are expected to repent and pray for forgiveness.

Kind of humiliating for our heroes. Perhaps they'd rather die. Perhaps they'll have the option.

Reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Perhaps there are some additional clues at waist height that can easily be spotted while kneeling.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
People have mentioned looking in the coffin, laying in the coffin, and even looking at the inside of the coffin lid, but I don't think I've seen a suggestion go quite the full way if "her" perspective is from inside the coffin: we ought to get in the coffin and then close the lid. Sit still for a time to "think about what we did", and if something starts going bad we can just bang on the lid and get Crupper to get us out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That plan is very weird if the coffin is occupied.

Put the real diamond pin into the watch to reveal the real number.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Could her perspective refer to the values that the Statue of Liberty represents? Maybe it's a way of thinking, not seeing.

Liberty Values : Mercy, Equality, Liberty, A Fresh Start, Sanctuary

Might be a little off here. :canada:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So I've re-read most of Chewbot's posts and nothing more is clicking about the case. Seems like Liberty Island, New York will be our last stop (if we can get out of here!). I still want to open up that coffin and check the lid, though. Also, did we thoroughly search the body for other clues?

But there was one thing I thought was interesting—in the dossier picture of Carmen, she's wearing a red ring on her left ring finger (where you would wear an engagement and/or wedding ring) and she "never appears in public without her ruby necklace." She must love rubies and anything red (which explains her wardrobe change) and if she was engaged or married before her life of crime then we could be using my favorite backstory for Hale! :woop:

Edit: fixed a mistake about the ring.

Bregor fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 5, 2014

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
If she doesn't play fair, why should we?

Save scum until we get the right answer.

(Not really. I say we conduct a thorough search of the crypt before we open the coffin, because if said coffin only contains a corpse that has been decomposing for the last couple of hundred of years, that'd be a Bad Thing. Not to mention terribly rude and a potential international incident besides.)

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Chewbot posted:

Killing a man's one thing, writing a message in his blood... loving dire. Have to admit, I'm surprised to see it in English for once. "Try to see things from her perspective, and think about what you did."
Bolding mine. I think this is a sign we're leaving Europe.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

dotchan posted:

If she doesn't play fair, why should we?

Save scum until we get the right answer.
Oh you thought it would be that easy?
Well too bad. I already stole the load button.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Kgummy posted:

*Checks*

God DAMMIT!!! :argh:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Kgummy posted:

That reminds me, I should rate this thread fi-

poo poo!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

John Liver posted:

poo poo!

The greatest heist yet.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

John Liver posted:

poo poo!

Wow, must have been a really drat good heist because according to the timestamps she stole your vote button from the future.

She does have a time machine, though.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
No, it's a clue! If she's showing up in the future, that means she's on the other side of the date line.

WE'RE GOING TO JAPAN!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Mordaedil posted:

The greatest heist yet.

Off to Lee's Summit, Missouri to get our five back!

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Speedball posted:

Wow, must have been a really drat good heist because according to the timestamps she stole your vote button from the future.

She does have a time machine, though.
Or she just stole the concept of time zones from your mind. :v:

(You can change what timezone the displayed time for posts uses, you know.)

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Kgummy posted:

Or she just stole the concept of time zones from your mind. :v:

Wouldn't be the first time.

Dapper Pepper
Mar 25, 2011
The guy is posed as the Statue of Liberty near Franz Joseph's coffin--should we head back to Budapest to Liberty Bridge (Ferenc József híd /Franz Joseph Bridge)? Or are we going to too many bridges?

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Apologies for the longer than intended delay. Work stuff :(

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I'd rather you take your time with updates to give us good art and mysteries then rush and have things be too easy/hard or look bad. It's okay man.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Chewbot posted:

You don't have lie to us. If Carmen stole the update, she stole the update. We can take it.

Well, Hale can anyway. Dunno about Crupper. We're lucky he manages to drag himself out bed every morning and face the hangover, I think.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

RickVoid posted:

You don't have lie to us. If Carmen stole the update, she stole the update. We can take it.

Mods knew about it all along.

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy

RickVoid posted:

Well, Hale can anyway. Dunno about Crupper. We're lucky he manages to drag himself out bed every morning and face the hangover, I think.

They don't pay me enough crimebucks for this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Chewbot did Carmen steal the script to Banner Saga 2? It's okay you can talk to us. We're here to help.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Clayren posted:

Mods knew about it all along.

THEY'RE ON HER PAYROLL!

Quick, somebody check if slowbeef's started wearing black and white striped shirts and green beanies!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Probe 17 posted:

THEY'RE ON HER PAYROLL!

Quick, somebody check if slowbeef's started wearing black and white striped shirts and green beanies!

Slowbeef isn't a mod anymore because he went against the grain. Now he's the false king of LP!

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Slowbeef isn't a mod anymore because he went against the grain. Now he's the false king of LP!

Oh, uh, right... Right...

*silently tears apart Cult of Beef ID*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Probe 17 posted:

Oh, uh, right... Right...

*silently tears apart Cult of Beef ID*

My Slowbeef shrine will remain unlit until he finally LP's Dead to Rights II :colbert:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Chewbot posted:

So we can expect Banner Saga 2 by the end of the month, right?

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
I propose the Slowbeef faction, to put Slowbeef as Emperor of the Roman/Byzantine Empire instead of Rincewind!

Who supports me?

(Faction has 10.2% power)

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Dawncloack posted:

I propose the Slowbeef faction, to put Slowbeef as Emperor of the Roman/Byzantine Empire instead of Rincewind!

Who supports me?

(Faction has 10.2% power)

Wrong thread there, buddy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Clayren posted:

Wrong thread there, buddy.

Pretty sure Carmen Sandiego just stole the thread he wanted to post in and the forums are just screwing up.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
I say we call our large black friend Tyrone to casually open the door and help our detectives out because that's what happened in Snatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How can we be sure Crupper is who he says he is? See if he's wearing a mask!

• Locked thread