Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I got to the point where I talked with Bill and just left his church. Have I more or less seen what this game has to offer more or less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

yellowjournalism posted:

That's funny because I had the same thought the first time I played the game on PS3.

Naughty Dog now has :homebrew: dollars of my money would buy frontier rifle again if i could

So the game gets a lot better? Because so far while it is good, it isn't "the greatest game of all-time" quality for me yet.

I'd keep playing it but I played it on a PS4 that wasn't mine for like a day. I don't know if I should get a PS4 just for this game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

That probably won't ever happen, if you're talking strictly about gameplay. The Last of Us has fun gameplay and is competently designed but it's a product of its time (i.e it's a 3rd person action adventure with rudimentary stealth and crating mechanics that you've probably played before) and suffers from poor enemy AI and repetitive gameplay. The narrative, world-building, and associated thematic exploration is what makes the game exceptional but whether that kind of thing is fun is up to you.

Yeah. So far the game was like Bioshock Infinite quality. Essentially an 8-8.5/10 game. That said I still have myself feeling wanting more. I think I may just rent a PS3 at Rent-A-Center for like $30 and borrow the game just to finish it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It generally improves over time but it is not close to worth a PS4 by itself. If there are several other PS4 games you think you'd get a lot of value out of, like bloodborne or destiny when the expansion comes out, then I'd consider getting the console. No game is worth an entire PS4 by itself unless you know you'll get 500 hours out of it.

I guess I can just go to Rent-A-Center.

But yeah outside of The Last of Us, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Persona 5 (what do all these three games have in common?), not really much interests me on the PS4 accept possibly Horizon. I'd try Bloodborne but found Dark Souls to be very boring.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I am currently at the part of the game where Ellie just got anti-biotics for Joel and found out that the people who got her the anti-biotics are of the same group of the people they shot up in the University earlier. Now Ellie is on the run in an attempt to lure these people away from Joel. How far am I into the game percentage wise? Am I at least half done?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

effervescible posted:

You're pretty close to the end. There's a little more to winter, and then spring is fairly short. Percentage-wise, I think fall takes up like half the game.

Crappy Jack posted:

You're around there, yeah. The first chapter of the game is incredibly long compared to the last three.

I don't know who to believe. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Awesome to hear, that is very encouraging. Don't mean to sound too preoccupied with the game's length. It's just that I don't technically own the PS4 I'm playing this game on. I essentially am just on late night "patrol" duty in my job and I essentially get paid to stay up at night. They bring the PS4 down during holidays and the summer, so that is the only time I can play it. Due to this I haven't played TLOU until three months ago. I should get another lick with it in a month or so. Hopefully that is the final push.

• Locked thread