Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
americong
May 29, 2013

dota

any racing game, which is based on actual cars

top down zeldas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

none

im a noob

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Marvel vs Capcom 3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhh I don't know, fighting games I guess. I like Tekken still but I'm not any good at it.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Twitchy puzzle games

Twitchy fighting games

Twitchy shmup games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also Star Craft. Can you still have fun watching these games, even if you don't like to play them.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

madden, I still win, I just don't understand how/why

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

madden, I still win, I just don't understand how/why

Oh yeah of any game I've ever played I think like, NBA, NFL, basically any sports games I'm aware there are people who are pretty good at them and I want to be, but on top of I guess not having the patience for learning how or practicing or whatever, there's just something about them in general where I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong usually.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

dota 2 I guess

not that you can ever get good at that game, just better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I still kind of have fun with them. Well madden and tennis anyway. I have 3 NBA games on steam and each one of them I have absolutely no idea how to play.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

if nba games are anything like I remember them being all you need to do is input the code to unlock bill clinton then do nothing but full court dunks

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
counter-strike

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Doodle jump

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I liked NBA Ballers and NBA Street long long ago but since then I haven't played one that I can really grasp for whatever reason. I have an idea it might be something about the catalog of verbs with so few buttons to correspond so they become a complex series of inputs and I don't like to look at the Input Guide Screen.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
dustforce

I love the sound track and the idea of it, but good lord am I too terrible to do anything but the baby levels

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Red Dead Redemption

I just can't work out the aiming 90% of the time

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

DoubleDonut posted:

counter-strike

this loving game. any other FPS I'm either in the middle or upper middle but every permutation of CS just fucks my poo poo

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

this loving game. any other FPS I'm either in the middle or upper middle but every permutation of CS just fucks my poo poo

lower your sensitivity to where moving your mouse across your entire mousepad makes you turn like 90 degrees, then cs is ez

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

lower your sensitivity to where moving your mouse across your entire mousepad makes you turn like 90 degrees, then cs is ez

My mousepad is like 90cm across so I'd pass out from exhaustion half way into the 2nd round if I tried this.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
fighting games in general though i will ruin your rear end in a top hat at soul calibur 5 and tekken tag 2 (if we're in the same room playing local; online too laggy for this n*gga)

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

fighting games and rts games

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
RTS and Tower Defense. I'm so freaking bad at them. I just can't keep track of what's all going on and I panic and build stupid poo poo I don't need and then lose even faster.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Basically here is how you play 2d fighting games well:
Don't jump forward
Throw a lot

Okay, now you can be pretty good at SF2 and 3

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
ikaruga

my average survival time is like five minutes

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i beat the injustice story mode and liked it okay and then i tried to play online and i got into two different fights: the guy would disconnect because he was losing, or i would just get obliterated

also it's laggy as poo poo online as are all fighting games on my connection

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Mobas. I just can't wrap my head around the micro.

I do the practice challenges in street fighter but gently caress me if I ever had to do simple combos in an actual match

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

dota & fps games

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty sure that the better you are a dota and other similar games the less fun you have with it just saying

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

so youre saying i am extremely good at dota then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

so youre saying i am extremely good at dota then

The inverse is not always true, matey.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Im good at all games OP. Sometimes this makes them unfun because they aren't a challenge.

Or sometimes it lets you take in the scenery and story more since you don't have to worry about gaming. This made Last of Us awful.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

COH. I tried to play with goons and it ends up them yelling for whatever reason.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
mobas

probs TF2 because I haven't played it in 6 years and they have all this goofy poo poo now and people have 10000 hours in it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

mobas

probs TF2 because I haven't played it in 6 years and they have all this goofy poo poo now and people have 10000 hours in it

Some of the people with the most amount of time in it are the worst at the game in many ways, I've found.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Old school side scrollers like Megaman and just about any kind of fighting game except bushido blade. I can do alright in that.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
steam says i have 311 hours on tf2 and i quit playing for like a month and went back and died, just died all match long

i think when you hit 30 your brain goes "all right, enough of this gay nerd poo poo" and starts killing parts of itself to make you suck at games so they stop being as fun as you remember them and before long you're playing hidden object games with your mother on your babby ipad

americong
May 29, 2013

I forgot to mention that I, as well, am terrible at real-time strategy games, as well as first-person shooters

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DoubleDonut posted:

Basically here is how you play 2d fighting games well:
Don't jump forward
Throw a lot

Okay, now you can be pretty good at SF2 and 3

gently caress that

Jump At the Start of Every Match Crew

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

JethroMcB posted:

gently caress that

Jump At the Start of Every Match Crew

i play fightgame so well that i have hit my skill cap and gotten bored and i will still do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

americong posted:

I forgot to mention that I, as well, am terrible at real-time strategy games, as well as first-person shooters

I'm reasonably trill at FPSes.

• Locked thread