Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

4X games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BoredDG posted:

4X games

Same but I actually still like them when I play them even though I'm not good at it.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Red Dead Redemption

I just can't work out the aiming 90% of the time

I don't understand this post.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
BG2, Dark Souls.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rocket_man38 posted:

BG2, Dark Souls.

Dark Souls isn't even THAT hard.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
super meat boy
permadeath games
any game where the whole thing is memorization or fast reflexes.
i just dont understand how people can play those games while dying all the time. it just isnt fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dark Souls isn't even THAT hard.

Lol, looks like someone's a big badass here. Yeah yeah, we get it, you beat Stormstein and Orgen in your sleep and the Four King is a piece of cake. *Claps sarcastically*

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

counter-strike
i can generally pubstomp any given fps except for loving counter-strike

i wish i was good at cs

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

conceitedguy posted:

I don't understand this post.

I feel like I missed a button press explanation during the tutorial or something because I auto-aim when I draw my weapon but the aiming is tough to rely on at any point after that. It was also like the first action game I played on PS3 after playing exclusively PC shooters so there's that. I was fine with RE4 though.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i can play any game well enough to enjoy it op

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Go/Baduk/Weiqi, but only periodically because I enjoy it the rest of the time even though it's stomping on my balls

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DLTN posted:

i can generally pubstomp any given fps except for loving counter-strike

i wish i was good at cs

Forget "good," I can't even do well in loving Arms Race because my bullets don't appear to actually do anything 50% of the time

Also: all trading/collectible/whatever card games, including Hearthstone despite everyone telling me it's baby's first M:TG

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

DoubleDonut posted:

Forget "good," I can't even do well in loving Arms Race because my bullets don't appear to actually do anything 50% of the time

Also: all trading/collectible/whatever card games, including Hearthstone despite everyone telling me it's baby's first M:TG

just pay2win brah

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

stoutfish posted:

just pay2win brah

This includes stuff like Netrunner where you just have all the drat cards

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
netrunner is a loving shell game; hoep u pick the right server on your first two tries or your opponent is a moron otherwise get ready to suck digital dick

edit: hearthstone now double sucks because of the shitball singleplayer campaign that awards cards you can use in multiplayer

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Anything multiplayer. All multiplayer games are dominated by people with more time and dedication to spend on bullshit games than me.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
weird, i find that most people who play multiplayer games have the reflexes of a sloth.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Blood Bowl

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

matrix ripoff posted:

netrunner is a loving shell game; hoep u pick the right server on your first two tries or your opponent is a moron otherwise get ready to suck digital dick

Let me damage ur meat, noob.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

4X ga

BoredDG posted:

4X games

gently caress!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
gently caress I tried playing dustforce again and gently caress.

If i had a gamepad it would probably be better.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
The Dirt series of racing games.
Console shooters with dual joystick controls.
Fighting games that aren't super smash bros.
Most 4X games.
Any game with quicktime events, seriously gently caress quicktime events.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Competitive FPSes
Fighting games
4X games
Paradox Interactive stuff (prob more about patience tho)

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

gently caress I tried playing dustforce again and gently caress.

If i had a gamepad it would probably be better.

Nah, it's still hard. :(

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Multiplayer fps
Fighters

I prefer turn based things as I don't like having to strategize on the fly and can just take my time.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i can teach any of you how to play fighting games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hog Butcher posted:

My strategy is to play as juri and pinwheel and divekick the entire match then I pretty much always lose. What am I doing wrong (besides everything)

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SeXReX posted:

My strategy is to play as juri and pinwheel and divekick the entire match then I pretty much always lose. What am I doing wrong (besides everything)

you have the right idea but you want to confirm before pinwheeling, try doing a ducking medium kick and only pinwheeling if it hit

divekickin' is always good

hit confirming will make you go from middling to ownage

edit: also use her fireballs a lot because they're legit, if you hit with the hard kick one and immediately release it, it will hit them in the air

Dec 26, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

in general or specific ones. i cant make heads or tails of most of them

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hog Butcher posted:

you have the right idea but you want to confirm before pinwheeling, try doing a ducking medium kick and only pinwheeling if it hit

divekickin' is always good

hit confirming will make you go from middling to ownage

edit: also use her fireballs a lot because they're legit, if you hit with the hard kick one and immediately release it, it will hit them in the air

I also hear I will enjoy my eventual switch to USF, something about buffing Waifus

e. 3DS version is the best. I don't even care if it cuts my framerate in half you get that juri sideboob IN THREE D

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in general

if you are playing a fighting game and getting hit, figure out what your opponent is doing and steal that thing. try to learn to defend against that thing. if you do that enough you will Get Good. hit confirm (ducking medium kick is usually a way to do it) before doing big moves, play safe, learn from your opponents. the rest is psychology

shoutouts to sleeps and dandyj for teaching me a lot in the yix

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
street fighter is great because you just focus on out maneuvering your opponent and doing simple links and you can beat every scrub in this thread without knowing how to red focus combo or anything.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll stick to mashing buttons, instead of that gay poo poo.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
soul caliber is the game for you

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
soul calibur 2 owns

when it was pretty new me and 3 friends were playing it and i was dominating with kilik so hard one of the other dudes paid me $7 not to play as him anymore

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I do quarter circles until i find a move and then just keep doing it

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BKPR posted:

I do quarter circles until i find a move and then just keep doing it

yup this is me

I also play on keyboard so I can buffer the poo poo out of rotation GOML

e. what about in ssf2T, who is the most broken and where do I learn these "option selects"

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
duck and light kick people a lot and you'll probably win

don't do hard punch and hard kick moves in any game unless you know they'll hit because instead of a sick move you whip out a big sign that says PLEASE HIT ME AFTER BLOCKING THIS MOVE

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you can get skullgirls get it because it teaches you like, everything you need to know except mindgames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hog Butcher posted:

if you can get skullgirls get it because it teaches you like, everything you need to know except mindgames

Im not allowed to like anything with boobs in it ever since having a girlfriend.

• Locked thread