Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I posted longer than I should have and people made a large deal out of it; for that I am sorry.

It was my problem to respond to the problem and respond to that bait... I apologize for any confusion caused by me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

So what's everybody's work load on pre-t-day?

I don't even know why I came in today. Should have "worked from home". At least traffic wasn't bad.

I worked because I wanted to get poo poo done. A department director wondered why I wasn't taking off after a 13 day work week, told him poo poo needed to be done. he just said we need to talk about when I should call "enough work is enough for one week"

It's called caring about what you do, not taking holiday, family can wait servers/storage/network can not.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

storage can wait a few minutes while you give them a call.

Not really depending on the raid type and redundancy.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are you trolling us for real here

Not trolling, if I had the time to troll I would just go to some dumbass site like ebaums world or 4chan; I am just speaking from an IT guys' perspective.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, you're not speaking as an IT guy, you're speaking as someone in desperate need of therapy, jesus loving christ.

Not really, I am speaking from what SA SH/SC has taught me. Money/power > social poo poo

Jonny 290 posted:

DAF, settle a bet, do you have at least one 16:9 monitor in portrait

No, it's the default Centos install wallpaper.

why the hell is this even a topic?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Whatever.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 27, 2014

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

go3 posted:

youre earning pennies and have no power i hope this helps

If that is what you want to think; but this is SH/SC not some socail forum....

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

GOOCHY posted:

You were a little heavy handed on this troll post, DAF. You may want to scale it back if you want to maintain a level of believability next time.

There is no trolling done in this post, however if you want to believe it then whatever... Just remember someone took charge at 19 and is living it up. It's called living your own destiny and not falling into some stupid poo poo.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCFbdOOmOY

[quote="BaseballPCHiker" post="438208301"]
Ah man he edited his post about only needing 108k to live off of! [quote]

It was 105K and no I want to be a self made man.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 27, 2014

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Methanar posted:

Serious question.

What is your blood pressure at?

Can we answer this over PM we are getting off topic? You are free to post anything after but this thread should remain on IT and not have me responding to a bunch of granpas over 30 years old who should be thinking about kids and retirement.... I mean come on, SA is at a disconnect about this.

PS: do people at 30 use a cane? Sorry need to ask the grandpa's in this thread.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Methanar posted:

Oh loving poo poo I should have known I was being egged on... son of a bitch.. welp gently caress sorry all

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

NippleFloss posted:

"Hahaha, gently caress all of you grandpas who are too old to enjoy life!"

<works through his holidays and thinks about nothing but a completely meaningless midlevel corporate IT job>

I have lots of money; who cares?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
nvm

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

movax posted:

I'm pretty sure in general the correct answer whenever a potential employer asks that question is "none of your loving business", but that's the next best thing -- never give a number.

Also goddamn DAF.

SH/SC taught me alot and made me understand the value of money means a lot...

Caring about poo poo means less that actually caring about yourself. I am making money and take control of your life.

I use to think the working in IT threads meant something, as I've seen just make as much money as you can and live live as you want regardless of what people think of you!

Just get money, seize the day, and ask the future of "who the hell do you think I am?" Fight for tomorrow or die trying.

Yes this is how IT works

also who ever bought me this title; I probably make more money then you so HHAHAHHAHHAH

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

jaegerx posted:

ugh can we just ban him from sh/sc already? Who's dick do I have to suck to get this done?

nah I probably won't post here anymore so don't worry about it; I have no reason to post here so just forget it... Lurking from now on.

I like to lurk but KC green, moot, garry, etc; were right when you do 12$/oz because people want to talk to you who cares? I won my battles; and I did what I needed.

If I post after this post in this thread: permaban me really do not care

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)