Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

1stGear posted:

I don't want this thread to die so have the ultimate "Why don't the nice guys get the girl?" video from our friend Davis Aurini.
Is it wrong that one of the things that bothers me most is that this piece of poo poo can't even use a lighter properly?

e: Nope, now it's supposedly throwing away a lit cigarette in a forest like a loving idiot. At least commit to your bullshit visual premise you lazy rear end in a top hat.

sub supau has a new favorite as of 08:58 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

thinking Colbert is serious levels of "missing it."
The Colbert thing is usually more a case of them getting the wrong end of the stick and thinking he's playing a cartoonish version of what liberals supposedly think conservatives are, thus actually mocking liberals. It's not that they think he's serious, it's that they think he's one of them.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pulsedragon posted:

How could anyone watch this and think "This is a good use of my money, I have made a correct decision."
Pretty easily, if you're the kind of person that would sincerely give Count Orlok and Slopgut Tinyface there money. As long as they mention how icky girls are from time to time you're probably fine.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh man he has a "guest article" about anti-LGBT protests in HK and Taiwan. This'll be fun. I skimmed it already and def. want to say two things: 1) these assholes are a tiiiiiiiiiiiiny minority that no-one takes seriously in Taiwan, and 2):

quote:

As a translator I can smell that the whole LGBT agenda is in fact an imperial expansion, especially when you look at language. I once doubted my translating skills, as whenever I translate LGBT-related news, I have never found a good way to translate the English words "couple" and "parent(s)" into Chinese
As a translator I can smell that you're loving terrible at it. (e.g., "parents" is 雙親, and I don't even translate into the language)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

What ethnically separates the "Canadian" bits from the "English" and "French"?
"Colorblindness".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ahahahaha motherfucker thinks he's a cowboy.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why ask a question when you're going to just immediately answer it like that?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

What a defensive little pissbaby.

Kut-Rate Kane posted:

I think fedoras are actually pretty cool hats and if I can pull one off in an outfit I'll wear it.

fe: Ahaha wait, so making fun of dudes is bad, but so is critiquing their arguments?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Spoiler: she's Justine Tunney.
Nah man, she's from Texas and she's super hot man, seriously, but she kind of has this thing against Facebook so, you know

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's because they confuse data with facts.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Alien Arcana posted:

It's like Rare made a game about Donkey Kong's racist third cousin.
Kranky Kong Klavern.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Peztopiary posted:

I think that's what the people who rage against bankers are saying, though they may be more or less articulate depending on circumstance. I guess it could be coded anti-Semitism, but it seems more like class war to me.
A lot of them, yes, but an "international banking cabal" conducting globe-spanning, active, malicious conspiracies sounds way more anti-semitic than the more realistic alternative, a bunch of greedy assholes collectively digging a hole and hoarding the dirt.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

sitting on a loving throne in a full-length ballgown, out of his mind on cocaine, as a pair of underlings raped a little boy in front of him and beat him to death.
So he went to public school?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh man, it's been a hot minute since I saw mention of the Patron Saint of Old GBS.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

p. sure "apolitical" just means "doesn't challenge any of my beliefs"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I love that Roosh is just too far beyond the pale even for a guy making a documentary about how women want to ruin video games.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Morkyz posted:

http://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/8318-too-redpill-for-redpill/

there people are literally goons, down to the "cuck" and "im gay"

No, they literally are (or were) goons.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A White Guy posted:

Are people really that mad that 'ironic' racism has stopped being funny?
The people that are mad are the people who were joking/not-joking.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I don't know, these seem like the kind of people who think autism is a superpower.
Well it makes you super smart about stuff right? And makes you stop caring about communicating with all these cro-magnon motherfuckers and dealing with their "feels".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

lol

e: oh poo poo, someone put out an apb for The Skull!

sub supau has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Mar 13, 2015

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Wales Grey posted:

Who is this person, and what sort of posting does he do?
Things that include "democracy is fundamentally broken, monarchy is the solution, but don't look at any actual current monarchies for evidence because they're mostly black people and black people are retarded."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A Steampunk Gent posted:

A man who already has some ivory is less likely to want more of it
Oh, so like everything else about libertarianism it's justified by completely ignoring the real world and operating solely in the context of unicorn farts and fairy song.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bartlebyshop posted:

It makes the whole thing especially ludicrous because by the time your death is certified you will have already started to decay.
Also by the time your death is certified you're loving dead.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Razorwired posted:

in the New United States of Libertopia and it's Strong Rule the Weak. What stops Ronda Rousey or a husky 10th grader from stuffing the entire "movement" in a locker for fun?
Rousey/10th grader will naturally recognize their superior intelligence and the contribution their philosophy, science, and intellectual exploration can offer this brave new world, obviously.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Right now he's working at Gamestop and has a wife who's having her fourth or fifth miscarriage (she may or may not be dying her hair to match the number of M-C's) because, well, being a cashier at gamestop is apparently the epitome of solid family-starting time when you're an ubermensch.
Five MCs and one DJ
We be dropping babby with no delay
Toxic sperm donor what you got to say?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

eschaton posted:

If you're looking for a guide to "turns-out" "journalism" check out The SHAME Project. It's kind of like this thread, but for hack propagandists in the service of the right wing..
This thread updates far more frequently and still has people posting in it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Who gives a gently caress about IQ and whether it's good or bad or whatever, the point is that, this last couple of pages being a prime example, ordinarily smart people can be huge dumbasses sometimes. Henry Kissinger is smart as hell, but I wouldn't want that fucker doing my dental work.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Someone who brags about the results of their online IQ and Myers-Briggs tests.

Mods?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Gawker did something super-lovely yesterday, so be prepared for reactos being smug as hell about it.
I'm def. not reading loving Gawker, so you want to be a little less coy?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Nah, they just use the word cuckold because they're angry at sex-havers and view it as the revenge of the nerds.
I figured it was because someone funny said "cuck" once and GBS posters set up ad hoc cargo cults around whatever the last funny thing they read was.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Night10194 posted:

This reminds me of the old 'You wake up as Hitler in June of 1942, what do you do?' thing

It should, that's literally what started the conversation.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"Jezebel" has meant "brazen hussy" in English since like the 16th century.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cingulate posted:

:3

Chomsky
I think he means more the "language instinct" than universal grammar.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You seem very invested in this.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why is laser precision so important to pointing and laughing for you?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Smudgie Buggler posted:

You're comfortable belittling people and calling them evil when they've actually done nothing to warrant it?
Stop deflecting. Why is laser precision so important to pointing and laughing for you?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Not to go off subject, but I have some serious questions about libertarians:
Yes, No, Yes, Yes

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

quote:

In short, it is for role-playing the ideal masculine character who must confront difficult situations that brings out the best of his masculine virtues.
Who the hell is "he", Shepard is clearly a woman.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

U.T. Raptor posted:

Bioware games have pretty much always had romances, but they started really emphasizing them after Dragon Age because that game drew in a lot of the tumblr crowd for some reason. That's largely how we got the dumpster fire that was Dragon Age 2.
I think you overestimate Tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Is there another DE thread that Cingulate hasn't claimed yet?