Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

"I tried to make Occupy as ideologically inclusive to as many groups as possible."

Yeah, that worked out real well for Occupy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I don't want this thread to die so have the ultimate "Why don't the nice guys get the girl?" video from our friend Davis Aurini.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Davis Aurini is here to talk to you about the American and French Revolutions and how they relate to women's sexual liberation. Spoiler: he understands gently caress-all about all three of those topics.

I hate to keep posting him but goddamn, he is a goldmine. This is the dude who wants to be the face of Gamergate.

EDIT: The thing I love most about all of his videos in the Forest of Misandry is how in every one there's a loud, distracting outside noise that any competent video maker would have edited around (or just not filmed in a forest) but gently caress that we need to know about those loving sluts right now!!!!

1stGear has a new favorite as of 01:26 on Nov 1, 2014

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jack Gladney posted:

He gives a pretty direct threat at the end of that video to "take civilization back" from women and black people at the end, right after complaining that nobody's offered him a job for doing his youtube videos, even though he works really hard on them. I think he's going into spree shooter territory.

Ahahahahahah

Skip to 1:20 in, when Aurini starts talking and it is completely impossible to hear what he is saying. This was a paid update for patrons of their movie.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Also, Aurini passed going into spree shooter territory a long time ago.

Its weird how people like him are the "silent majority" and yet his Patreon is still at about 7000 dollars after two months when Anita blew past that in less than 24 hours.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

JFC it's like the cult from True Detective come to life

And please remember that no one from that cult got arrested. ~*Art imitates life*~

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJB3BAgCW10

Nosferatu man and fat bathtub baby broke up. :(

Aurini's take

quote:

First question: Did I waste all the dollars I spent on this?

I need to start off by apologizing to everybody who chose to support this project. This sort of drama is unbecoming, particularly when you’ve entrusted us with your hard-earned dollars – but I also promise you that these dollars were not wasted. This project will see fruition, and it will be a palpable blow against the Social Justice movement.

As I tried to explain to Jordan several times, this project is bigger than him, than me, than us, even than all of you – this project is a moral obligation. I will see this project done.

Next question: What sort of person would pull the plug now?

We had completed filming immediately prior to this split. All that is left is the editing, the animations, and possibly a bit of fact-checking. None of these are easy or cheap, but this film is as good as in the bag. Owen and I never had to see each-other again; Owen and I had no substantial disagreement over how the film would be finalized (I honestly did like his script, as per my tweet); there was absolutely no disagreement over the film at all, and Jordan’s role as Producer, by this point, had mainly devolved to signing the cheques while I did the editing, and others did the animation.

The only logical reason to split the project at this point was because he’d just received the final month’s funding…

…at least, I wish that were the reason. That would make sense. After the past two months of communiques with Jordan, I strongly suspect that he undermined this project because of an irrational jealously of Roosh, and any man who’s able to relate to women easily.

He’d been asking me for advice about women since the get go – which led me to recommending my colleague Roosh who has done much to support us – but every time I spoke about him, it seemed to fill Jordan with rage. Eventually leading to a panic attack that got him kicked off of an airplane – the last time I saw him in person.

A major feature of this project was that it would be apolitical, and yet over the past few months Jordan has made a point of attacking anybody on the right whom he could get away with criticizing, culminating with his attack on Roosh. These attacks serve no practical purpose. These attacks have been counterproductive, as has been his ‘firing’ of me – the only man who knows how to edit all this footage into something useful.

So I ask you for forgiveness because I trusted too easily; Jordan has decided to break this up at the 11th hour for his own schedule of reasons, but this film still needs to be done. I ask that you continue to support me as I pull the last strands together, and cancel your financial support to Mister Owen. He does not have the technical capacity to put this film together the way it needs to be done.

Beautiful.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If nothing else, Owens tried to handle the break-up professionally while Aurini basically started claiming Owens was an incompetent loser virgin con man.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Time Dissolver posted:

Didn't the makers of Tropes Vs. Men run off with their Kickstarted funds too?

Yup.

I'm going to guess that, if nothing else, the raw footage of The Sarkeesian Effect will be released. But Anita is still currently winning the whole "crowd-funded professionally produced videos about feminism and video games" thing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

divabot posted:

Ah, Mr Aurini, about the child care job. We've just been looking through your Twitter

and we'll get back to you. No no, don't call us.

I like how the other people in that Twitter conversation just keep on trucking like Aurini didn't just say pedophilia was cool.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It is gratifying that literally everyone else in the McDonald's is mocking him.

EDIT: "Buddy, I think anyone would be a third the size of you." :allears:

1stGear has a new favorite as of 10:02 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Reminder that the party that nearly brought the country to financial apocalypse, established a permanent special committe on Benghazi purely to drag Hillary's poll numbers down, and who's obstructionism has led to the least productive Congress in history now has control of all 3 branches of government.

Republicans never face consequences for their actions. Literally never.