Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm going to go to Warhammer World in Nottingham on August 27th. Are you in or near the UK? Would you like to come too?

I'm in the UK performing with My Band and I've got a bit of time off on the tour so I've decided to make the pilgrimage to Warhammer World. Some of us were discussing the idea in the 40k thread but I thought it best to organise it away from all the pricechat and etceteras.

So, yeah, that's the deal. I've brought my 40k Orks, We can book a few tables and play a few games. The Warhammer Fantasy Folk can bring their gear too and non hams can come and stare at us awkwardly.

It's worth noting that the exhibit hall will be closed at this time for renovations but the tables, store and Bugmans are all open.

Also, if you want to come see my band we're playing across the UK and Germany till the end of September. Dates are at axisofawesome.net shoot me a pm and I can probably sort out some tickets for some of you. We're very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well, you know I'm in.

Have you brought that suit of armor to play in, a la Gwar?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
nah, I had to fit all these orks in my luggage

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm totally up for it. Just gotta sort out transport and decide what to bring.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
If I can get the day as annual leave from work, I'd be down.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Spectacular. I've got around 1500 points of painted orks with me and a bunch more I'll paint over the month whilst in Edinburgh.

I'll look into reserving some tables.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I would be keen to come along. I have approx 4000 points of painted Blood Angels, Frank might remember me as I was up at his Goonpocalyse at Christmas. I am the the guy with all the BA. Dreadnoughts. I am happy to halve my stuff so someone else can play if we are going to do around 1500 ish. I don't have a particularly competitive bunch of stuff painted though (and the dreadnoughts are only the part of a very non optimised collection).

JackMack fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 31, 2014

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Day off cleared, so I can bring 1500pt of Praetorian Guard down. I don't drive so I'll be getting a train down, what time are people looking to get there?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've booked three tables. I tried I get spryal prime but it was already booked. So we just have 3 regular tables.

I'll probably get there pretty close to opening. I'll get the train from Edinburgh the day before hand. It's open till 10pm that night.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I will be driving up that morning so will hopefully arrive at opening time or close as. I will have to leave in the late afternoon as I have a small child and a job I will have to return to the next day. A day of warhammic hedonism will be just fantastic!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Cool cool, I'll book a train now and get to Nottingham for about half 10 then. I'll probably have to leave around 4pm since I gotta get back up North for work next day, but I'm sure that'll be plenty of time. Looking forward to it!

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

I'm going to attempt to do this rather than spend all of my week off work wallowing in a pit of despair as I'd originally been planning. I've only got to get over from Sheffield by train so I ought to be able to get there in reasonable time.

Fair warning: I haven't actually played a proper game in forever, nor written a list for 7th/new ork codex at all yet, so I will probably suck :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm bringing one of my gaming group buddies, he's playing his first 7E game tonight! He's far from a power gamer so it sounds like he'll fit right in.

Is it too early to talk about point levels, so we can be prepared? I've never been to an open day type thing like this (or a club/shop night, either) without preparing things in advance, so should I just bring a variety of army lists at different points?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Shallow posted:

I'm going to attempt to do this rather than spend all of my week off work wallowing in a pit of despair as I'd originally been planning. I've only got to get over from Sheffield by train so I ought to be able to get there in reasonable time.

Fair warning: I haven't actually played a proper game in forever, nor written a list for 7th/new ork codex at all yet, so I will probably suck :)
If you get the 9.36 from Sheffield to Nottingham, we'd be on the same train!

Re points levels, I've comfortably got 1500-2000 points of Guard in my case, so I think aiming for that level is the best plan?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've got around 1500 I think. I couldn't bring the big models with me from oz.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

1500 sounds good, will throw together some lists.

Anyone who is going by train interested in meeting up at the station and sharing a taxi? What time's good?

Travelling from Leeds (via Sheffield too) so best times are 10 and 11 for me.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Zark the Damned posted:

1500 sounds good, will throw together some lists.

Anyone who is going by train interested in meeting up at the station and sharing a taxi? What time's good?

Travelling from Leeds (via Sheffield too) so best times are 10 and 11 for me.
That 9.36 from Sheff'll get into Notts for I think 10.25, so if you're around then I'll split a taxi

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

I'll try to get that same train as everyone else then!

Started to write a new codex list for my orks last night - I would politely describe this as interesting.

Also I realised I never painted any of my lootas.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I've booked my train tix, should be getting into Nott for about 10:00. Would have gone for the 10:20 one but it would cost twice as much, and the other options were 11 or later.

Fun fact, a same day return to Nottingham costs more than a flight to Germany. Hurray for Trains.

Gonna be bringing my Salamanders down, I don't really have good transport for my Orks unless I go all footslogging.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'll be bringing probably my CSM and the guy I'm driving up with will be playing out of the SM codex. Unfortunately we'll need to leave by 4 to avoid traffic but we should be able to get in 2 or 3 games each! Looking forward to a Bugman's Belly Buster...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm gonna have to bail on the trip, sorry guys - have an important work meeting I've already put off once because I was sick and I don't want to move it again. I'm sure you guys will have a great time, though! Be sure to post pics in the 40K thread :)

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Looks like we should still have:

Cataphract: Orks
JackMack: Blood Angels
Scowny: Guard
Shallow: Orks
Zark: Salamanders

So a decent mix. I imagine your friend is probably not making his own way down krushgroove? Anyone else bringing any hangers-on?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Maybe one last post in the Trad thread, see if anyone can come down?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah my fellow player won't be making it either, sorry!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
On my way in ten minutes, who's gonna be at Notts station around half ten?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I am here. They have just opened the doors. I am the handsome chap in the beige fleece if anyone else is here yet

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'll be there soon. The tables should be reserved under Jordan Raskopoulos. I'll be dressed all in black with some mad sick raybans.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Cataphract posted:

I'll be there soon. The tables should be reserved under Jordan Raskopoulos. I'll be dressed all in black with some mad sick raybans.

There are three here. One is a bit fantasy however there is plenty of terrain on one of the others. And who doesn't want their plastic spacemen fighting over a wizards tower!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Phew, just got back. Thanks for organising things Cataphract, it was a good day out!

I'll write up some better info when I'm less tired and have had chance to grab pics off my camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
It was a fun day, wish I could've stayed longer! I didn't really get many pictures but if anyone wants what I did get, I can share 'em?

• Locked thread