Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
At work. I get poo poo for looking like the "spaceship spaceship" guy from the Lego movie, because I always have this stupid grin when I take pictures.

On an otherwise boring day. Department name colored out for obvious reasons.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, lol... They found me!!!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

An important lesson was learned about taking selfies when you've been at work for 13 hours, and haven't slept in 20.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

So this isn't my dog, but he's still pretty cool. Good conversationalist. He wants to travel before he settles down and has puppies. Wants to be an attorney. Nice guy all around.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
cash crab not an actual raccoon confirmed.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
The wife and I took a quick trip to Amsterdam yesterday, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
"So Zipperelli, we know you just worked a 60 hour shift on the rescue, but the hospital could really use some help right now..."

I hate myself, but also love money. :getin:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

King of the Beach posted:

Florida medic and money?? Does not compute. You must be union...

IAFF, but that's about it.

I'm more referring to the insane amount of hours I'm putting in.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

Critter pics? Critter pic! We're opening an new lemur exhibit at work so I got some good shots because I got to go in for a sneak preview. Here's one!

There's a person who lives in my response zone for 911, that I've transported to the hospital a number of times, who has a service lemur. It's literally the coolest poo poo ever. Last time we transported her, she brought it with her to the hospital in the rescue. It sat in a seat and let us buckle it in. I was dumbfounded.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Please excuse the terrible tie knot, but the wife and I got tickets to Hamilton, and I was too excited to make it look good.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

You'll be bald soon mate

RIP in piece

lovely genetics. What can ya do? :shrug:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

Better get a hat, Florida is a bad place to be bald.

I used to shave my head. It made my mornings so much easier. It was pretty great in general....... once I got a base tan. Sunburns on your scalp suck :(

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

I do what I do for the good of my country. :911:

I'm still not convinced you're not taking all those AUG photos yourself. Yeah. Could see most, if not all of these coming from N. Central FL. poo poo, I could get plenty of AUG here in Gainesville.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

Send me any stuff you want and I'll pass it along.
Especially if it's really weird.

Seconding this. I love weird poo poo.

Also, I'm always open to having goon friends. PM me with your weird stories, anecdotes, terrible jokes or if you're just down to talk to someone new! I can reply in kind with gross and funny medical stories from working on the ambulance for the last 5 years.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Then:

And now (well, 6 months ago with the wife in Italy):

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CeramicPig posted:

I wanna be in on this :(
Those pictures are serene!!

So today my brain sprung awake 15 min earlier than it usually does. So I took the time to put on a smear of make up to not look like a dumpster

(I can't pick which I like better so y'all get both)

It literally just clicked for me that you were my secret santa a few years ago. The dispatcher shirt reminded me. Awesome gifts, btw. I loved the Schadenfreude book, and the firefighter calender, even though I look nothing like those studs lol.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CeramicPig posted:

You were my santa! You were great and took your frustration at dispatch out on me :) then loved me with wine

I've heard whispers in dark alleys about the love of wine that the women folk have. I had to see it for myself. Did I send 2 bottles?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

What happens after I've been up for at least 30 hours.

I looked like that after getting off a 48 hour shift with about 3 total hours of rest. It sucks.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

what is shoe gaze

.... So just noise apparently.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hard no. posted:

I got randomly recognized on a dating site? And it was the creepiest thing ever! I think face to face would be even worse!

Eh, tbf I'm sure it also depends heavily on how they approach you.

If they're a normal, well adjusted person saying "oh hey, you're a goon as well huh? I post in the selfie thread too! Cool beans." then that shouldn't be a problem, and if anyone is weirded out by that, then the problem is probably with themselves.

BUT! If they're acting awkward/creepy, then for sure I can see that being weird.

PSA: Don't be weirdos, goons.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Sep 1, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

But fair.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

420 lift weights and gain 25 pounds

here's hoping for another 15 lb by April.

I implore you to breathe next time you lift weights, before you have an aneurysm. Nice lift though.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CeramicPig posted:

Out for a night on the (chi)town!

You can be my dispatcher anytime bb :pervert:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

BRB opening a chicken nugget and fidget spinner mall kiosk

Can I invest?

Kitchner posted:

Am I missing something obvious here? Whats chitown?

Chitown is Chicago.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

I suppose it's no more stupid than people calling London the Big Smoke.

tbf, that name would fit for Chicago in the 1800s as well.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Teagan posted:

Around this time last year I was losing my hair by the handful. This morning I was out for a long walk, like every other morning, with my hair billowing in the breeze. The photo from January, well, I was heavily made-up but I feel like it still represents how lovely I was actually feeling. It is crazy what can happen in a year...

Even in the pic on the left you're still :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Some can pull it off, some can't. You clearly can.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Light Gun Man posted:

It's Halloween at work

For a good 5 seconds I thought you were vaping out of a blood bag.

... I had lots of questions.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What are you up to?

Nothing much, just taking a dragula of blood vape.

:five:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

Likely story. I'm gonna ask Lowtax for a full investigation of this, along with your email server.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CeramicPig posted:

I need filters to just be permanently attached to my face.

:swoon:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Horsey McHorseface posted:

Hello goons. Is there where you go when you're in need of validation?

(I have bad skin and just got out of bed. Apparently, I also have a lovely phone camera.)

Your username is a filthy lie.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

COOL CORN posted:

Good morning goons, I’m very sleepy but I have a new shirt on

I didn’t iron it :(

edit-- this is a way for me to get over my embarrassment about my vitiligo!

I like that shirt. It's a good shirt.

Horsey McHorseface posted:

Yayy! Validation!
Also, I'm sorry I lied Zipperelli :(

I forgive you. :dance:

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Oct 26, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Scathach posted:

Congrats on the lasik! Also I think you're gorgeous and way too hard on yourself.

:same:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CeramicPig posted:

Cross posting from sass thread.

Fuckin pumpkin allergy!
My best guess is when I got a chai tea latte from Dunkin today someone before me had a pumpkin something or other and the equipment wasn’t cleaned. And/or they used latex gloves. I’ve never had one of my allergies be life threatening before. Thank god for medics like Zippereli working today who knew to ignore my hand waving and stabilized me before transporting me to the er.
I’m home, jittery, and lightheaded but at least I can breathe again!

Glad to hear they took good care of you!

Also, Happy Thanksgiving all you beautiful nerds! I originally was slated to have the day off, but UFHealth offered me a literal ridiculous amount of money to come and work a shift in the ER tonight, so you bet your rear end I came in. That and nurses know how to throw the gently caress down on a potluck.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Nov 24, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'm drafting up a set of Pizza Rules as we speak.

This is where we draw the line.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

I'm old, so I remember the snowstorm this part of the state got in 89.

Alright grandpa, that's enough story time for today. Go eat your prunes.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Yo I'm glad your friend is ok...

The flu shot this year has been less than 9% effective in preventing influenza A. Also, the flu is killing people this year. A lot of people. Be smart! Wash your hands and wash them often. The flu is viral. If you get it, there's nothing we can do for you but offer sympathy and good advice. It has to run it's course and do it's thing.

Also, regardless of this year's flu shot being ineffective, it's still better than nothing. Get a flu shot. I've been in close contact with (at last count) 32 flu positive patients in my ambulance, and have yet to get the flu *knocks wood*.

Get your flu shot, people! unless you can't for health reasons. And no, you don't get the flu from the shot. So don't even try saying it

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Healthcare Professional

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

I think the main reason for this medical bias is that everyone knows the most important factor in making a correct diagnosis is having a penis. It's like an antenna through which medical knowledge is recieved when making a diagnosis, and if you don't have one then I'm sorry but the people with penises cannot trust your judgement.

As with many questions in life, the penis is the answer.

As a paramedic with a penis, can confirm.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
What exactly is going on? I can see some circular redness, but that's about it. Any swelling? Running a fever? Streaking coming from the red spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

A lipoma or cyst or something. It's over quadrupled in size since I mentioned it, what, two days ago? Going to the doctor tomorrow. Bodies are terrible.

Make sure you see a specialty like Dermatology. If you go to your PCP, he/she is gonna take one look and tell you that you need a specialty consult, take your co-pay, and be on his/her way.

If you cut out the middle man, you can go to Dermatology and they should be able to diagnose and fix you up in 1 visit. I had a cyst under my arm that popped up that my PCP told me he couldn't do poo poo about after waiting 2 months for an appointment.