Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
And in the end, it was exactly what we expected. An NASL goalkeeper collapse, an utter capitulation after Montreal tried turtling after that early goal, and yet another spectacular failure by a poo poo team that I hope dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

stab posted:

Try not to get crushed too badly Impact :(

Welp so much for that

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
drat, golazo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm just watching to see how much further Montreal gets buried.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
I was watching the unimas feed via Xfinity stream, and when the stream died, I didn't even try to restart it. Bravo America, that is some champions-league-caliber crushing of dreams right there.

Don't worry, Revs will own this competition when we get back in. After all, we're the only MLS team to ever win the Superliga!! what? losing 4-0 to at home to Joe Public FC? no sir, I've never heard of him

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Little late there Montreal.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Little late there Montreal.
I do not understand why you'd want to try to park the bus for 40+ minutes against a team with far superior ability when they know they have to score goals. Montreal was going to get picked apart sooner or later.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
why are they adding 3 more minutes to this game? this is just risking injury for the players.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

El Chingon posted:

why are they adding 3 more minutes to this game? this is just risking injury for the players.
If you just end it at 90 even though there should be extra time the confederation or FIFA itself will ding you for and it could affect your future assignments.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

El Chingon posted:

Probably because of the enthusiasm Montreal players showed after scoring in the 89th minute. Jack Mac grabbed the ball and hustled back to the center line.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Well... America doing what it does best, winning a championship coming from behind in the finals.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
This competition will be garbage as long as the refs are in Mexico's pocket.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 30, 2015

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

America's squad is worth more than the GDP of some of the countries that participate in this farce, would be shameful if they didn't win it.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Realistically the worst team in the MLS last year made it to the final, if any of the better clubs gave a poo poo I think they could have pulled off a win. Montreal had a better run than anyone expected though and good for them. Would have been cool if Piatti won, then he would have been the first dual Libertadore/CONCAF Champion.

Seltzer posted:

Be nice to Mexico, they dont have much else going for them.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

everyone who pretends to be from mexico but in fact lives in another country is uniformly awful

can't believe i wanted montreal to lose (actually yes i do)

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Seltzer posted:

The schadenfreude this thread provided was almost as good as that final.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The schadenfreude this thread provided was almost as good as that final.

Did you watch the 1st leg?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

investigate america for match fixing in first legs imo

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/LIGABancomerMX/status/593598412425187330

guess this is a reply after the MLS tweet of "dos a cero"

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The draw for the 2015 CCL will be in about an hour:

http://www.concacaf.com/video/official-draw-scotiabank-concacaf-champions-league-201516

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Pot A

LA Galaxy (USA)
Seattle Sounders (USA)
Club América (MEX)
Santos Laguna (MEX)
Deportivo Saprissa (CRC)
Olimpia (HON)
Comunicaciones (GUA)
Arabe Unido (PAN)

Pot B

D.C. United (USA)
Real Salt Lake (USA)
Vancouver Whitecaps (CAN)
UANL Tigres (MEX)
Queretaro (MEX)
Herediano (CRC)
Motagua (HON)
Isidro Metapan (SLV)

Pot C

Municipal (GUA)
Santa Tecla (SLV)
San Francisco (PAN)
Walter Ferreti (NCA)
Verdes (BLZ)
Central (TRI)
W Connection (TRI)
Montego Bay United (JAM)

Whoever gets Municipal as their Pot 3 team will be unlucky because the rest is pure poo poo. Unlucky LDA because the Belizeans finally built a CONCACAF worthy stadium and will finally get to lose 10-0 on an international stage.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

"Fun fact, they actually play in the MLS!"

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Boo, I was hoping we'd be able to draw Queretaro for the Camilo Revenge Narrative.

edit: wait, it looks like they're using a different pot setup? Eh whatever I'll just go do something else until it's over and figure out the result then.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 2, 2015

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

This draw, as everything CONCACAF does, is weird and dumb.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Drogadon posted:

This draw, as everything CONCACAF does, is weird and dumb.

This is the most concacaf of draws.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Per http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/594/concacaf-champions-league/2015/06/01/12313842/concacaf-conducts-champions-league-draw :

Group A contains Trinidadian club W Connection, Costa Rican giant Saprissa and recently crowned Liga MX champion Santos Laguna.

Metapan, of El Salvador, Costa Rica's Herediano and Mexican Apertura runner-up Tigres are in Group B.

Verdes FC of Belize will contest Group C, provided Belize has a facility that passes CONCACAF standards. In previous years, Belize's spot has been awarded to another Central American nation after their facilities were ruled to be insufficient to host CCL matches. Along with them are Panama's San Francisco and Liga MX Clausura runner up Queretaro.

The reigning MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy are in Group D with Caribbean Club Championship winner Central FC of Trinidad and Tobago and Guatemalan side Comunicaciones.

The CONCACAF Champions League holder Club America is in Group E along with Nicaraguan newcomers Walter Ferretti and Honduran Apertura winner Motagua.

It's a Cascadia Cup rivalry in Group F with the Vancouver Whitecaps, into the competition as the best Canadian team from the 2014 MLS regular season, and the Seattle Sounders in the group along with Honduran Clausura champion Olimpia.

Group G is made up of Salvadoran Clausura champion Santa Tecla, Guatemalan runner up Municipal and MLS' Real Salt Lake.

The final group is made up of Montego Bay, Arabe Unido and D.C. United.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
I hope those Group F games are taken seriously by both sides. Cascadia clash in the Champions League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Bio-Hazard posted:

I hope those Group F games are taken seriously by both sides. Cascadia clash in the Champions League.

I am excited. The Cascadia games of the Open Cup have been super fun.

• Locked thread