Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best version of El?
This poll is closed.
Elminster 20 6.45%
Elmara 20 6.45%
Entwine 13 4.19%
GURPS 99 31.94%
El Kabong 153 49.35%
Elves 5 1.61%
Total: 310 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING
I hate to interrupt the circlejerk, but are there any Theatre of the Mind-style 4e ripoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Kai Tave posted:

If you don't mind a game that isn't very much at all like 4E, then sure. Also one that's worked on by a biotruther and a book burning apologist, apparently.
Honestly, what I'm looking for is an RPG with a decent/interesting tactical system that I don't need a map for. It doesn't necessarily need to be a 4e-oid, though a 4e-oid would probably be optimal.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Evil Mastermind posted:

Seriously, dude, just buy a new avatar.
I barely post here any longer, not wasting five bucks.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Arivia posted:

your posting in this thread says otherwise :nyoron:

REALLY WHAT'S IT LIKE
I've probably posted on SA maybe ten times in the past month. I dunno, don't got plat.

The avatar's from one of the GoT chat threads, there was an argument about whether it was immoral for Jaime Lannister to gently caress his sister (consensually). I took the position that it wasn't. That's it.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING
As someone who has little idea what's going on, I can't express how little anything I've seen here has done to reassure me that Zak S is a Horrible Evil Bigot Worthy Of Contempt Who Definitely Deserves This or whatever. Could anyone link something he clearly did that was clearly wrong, and not just him being a boring turd who gets into SJ fights?

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

neongrey posted:

Well, extensive prior history aside, the very fact that he's holding charitable donations hostage on the grounds of 'do you care about being right, or do you care about ~your cause~?' is some like badly written cartoon villain poo poo.
Having read the blog post, I find that to be a ridiculously obviously biased reinterpretation of it, and it honestly makes me less confident in the general "he is so evil" going around.

I mean, come on, really? Badly written cartoon villain poo poo? What, is this some Golden Age Lex Luthor plot? "Bwahaha, Superman! If you talk to me... I will donate $100 to the charity of your choice!"

E: It's kind of... I don't know, crass, maybe? Representative of the kind of personality that fans the flames of any controversy around them because they can't shut up, I guess, but not evil.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Roland Jones posted:

Someone in this thread linked him using transphobic slurs as an insult, I'm pretty sure several other people could dig up things like him telling people they deserve to die for disagreeing with him, and then there's the stuff I covered here, with bonus seebs and Mandy appearances. Summary of my post if you don't feel like reading it: Zak's done even more transphobic stuff in addition to the aforementioned slurs, has harassed and stalked a bunch of people, and once put together a list of people's real names and gave it to his followers for them to make threats to until they complied with his demands to un-+1 a post on G+. He's also putting together another list of names, this time aimed at people who've liked or forwarded the Fail Forward article linked in my above link. Edit: He's also trying to get someone blacklisted from the industry for having posted about harassment John Tarnowski (aka The RPG Pundit, other awful dude at the center of this) sent her for more or less no reason. That's also linked in my post there.

So, yeah. That's not even a comprehensive list, that's what I could think of off the top of my head.
Thank you for the link. While I wasn't persuaded on every point, there was enough evidence about enough points to make it fairly clear for me. I've seen the whole "plausible deniability" bit where you put up information "just so people know," and then pretend like it wasn't a call for harassment even though you've done it multiple times and it's had the same result every time. The "If any of these people have a problem being named, they can feel free to remove their +1 on Ben's post." line, in particular, is such an obvious signature of that kind of horse poo poo.

So, again, thank you for taking the time to honestly respond.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Tulul posted:

I mean... yeah, but you'd expect the guy who keeps trying to paint himself as the victim to not post something that is straightforwardly "INTERNET BULLY THESE DUDES". Like even if he's an rear end in a top hat, you'd expect him to have some concept of subtlety.
Why bother? He clearly doesn't need to. Anybody who would stop being a fan of him for his thinly veiled calls for harassment has probably already done so. Everybody else either doesn't give enough of a poo poo or won't change their views in response to evidence. Why would he change?

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Tulul posted:

From everything I've seen, there's a surprisingly massive fence sitting faction. People who don't know enough, people who naturally take the "truth is in the middle" viewpoint, all sorts. I've seen people who I thought were totally reasonable going "well maybe you're both right?" during this whole debacle. Being able to whip out pics of Zak just being an unremittent rear end in a top hat doesn't help his case any.
If somebody doesn't care enough to look into it in depth, they probably don't care enough to funnel money/attention to Zak anyways.

Zereth posted:

If those pictures are accurate he has stopped veiling the calls. :staredog:
No, no, he's just asking them to tweet. I mean, surely there's nothing wrong with talking to someone on twitter? Anything else anyone might be inspired to do is uncalled for and he has no control or influence whatsoever over those events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Zereth posted:

He literally used the word "Destroy", I don't think there's much wiggle room to claim he's not calling for a harassment campaign here.
Come on, it's just a joking turn of phrase, don't get so bent out of shape. Obviously he never intended anybody to do anything bad based on this. Anything that does happen was surely just a few bad apples who he has no control or influence over.

• Locked thread