Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Hahahaha this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Man my high school was boring, we didn't have anyone like that in my grade :(

There was an autistic kid a year younger who would sometimes do funny things but that was it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gough Suppressant posted:

I actually don't understand that article at all.

Labor won 53% of the vote.

Labor formed government.

Liberals want system changed so they are allowed to form government despite not getting enough seats and getting a minority of the 2pp vote :confused:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was completely confused by this...

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I saw a road cyclist the other day and I was like "holy poo poo I would rather cycle in rush hour traffic in Bangkok or somewhere than Tweed Heads" because old people are literally the worst drivers on the planet.

Mad respect to that dude for doing it and not being killed (yet).

Seriously, I've seen on more than one occasion some septogenarian randomly swerving between both lanes of traffic on Minjungbal Drive and Wharf Street because they can't tell there's two lanes there or just don't care or whatever.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GoldStandardConure posted:

The worst place I have ever driven in is Wellington. Kiwi drivers are all insane.

Weird, I never noticed this in Queenstown at all. Then again I think drivers in Calgary are loving insane compared to drivers anywhere else in Canada.

In the Snowy Mountains the loving worst is people from anywhere that's warm, I'm guessing, who drive down the mountain when it's obviously not icy at all (+5 degrees) and completely safe to do the speed limit of 80 at 35-45 the ENTIRE. WAY. DOWN.

Like loving Christ if you're that terrible at driving down a hill pull over to let the people who understand how the weather works and know that it's not going to be icy as poo poo go past and drive at a normal speed.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 28, 2014

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

sidviscous posted:

Lol - I was in Queenstown the weekend that they changed the laws on how to drive on roundabouts. It was... challenging.

[edit: also, bus drivers driving up the hill to the Remarkables on 2 wheels... outstanding

Hahah what did they change the roundabout laws to?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

sidviscous posted:

I had to look it up and it wasn't roundabouts, it was worse - general give way rules..
Used to be that if you were pulling out from the terminating road of a T-junction and someone wanted to turn right across you from the main road, they had to give way to you - arse about to the entire rest of the world. They've changed it to how everyone else on the planet does it, which was fine for me as an Australian travelling there, and very confusing for locals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlGcWQLFCY

Hahahah wow, yeah, that's a pretty messed up rule, it's a good thing they changed it.

I used to get really, really confused at stop signs in Australia because in Canada it's basically "first come, first serve" so if you're the second one to arrive at the stop sign, you go second. I never managed to wrap my head around "give way to your right", so basically whenever I hit a stop sign in Australia I had to get my husband to tell me when it was my turn to go.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Serrath posted:

You're describing the way I've been driving in Australia for 7 years. Apparently I've been wrong this whole time...
Yeah, if it wasn't for the fact that I had an Australian person driving with me all the time because I was on my Ls I would have never, ever known either. Whoever gets their first goes first makes so much more sense than give way to your right, anyway.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Serrath posted:

Fun fact, I never actually passed any driving tests. I had an Ontario learners permit and went to the department of motor vehicles to exchange it for a Qld learners permit; I didn't drive but I used it for ID and sometimes bouncers would hassle me due to the international licence. They took it from me, I waited, they handed me a Qld open licence.

Me neither, I had an Ontario learner's and a BC learner's, and I handed in the BC one to get my Queensland learner's. Then I went to do my test for my Ps and the dude failed me for not stopping at a stop sign. When we left my husband and I did the same route we did, there were no stop signs along the route at all.

So I got pissed off and went to the RTA in NSW where I lived then and gave them my Ontario learner's, and they gave me an open one. I think it's because the only thing the Ontario learner's says is that tiny little G1 on the back that no one who doesn't live in Ontario would know what that means.

The lesson to take from this is gently caress Queensland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Gyms are for idiots. Why pay for what you can get for free in the great outdoors?

Give me a call next time natures builds a squat rack.

• Locked thread